10-01-16 05:57 PM
179 12345 ...
tools
    I dropped BBM. Couldn't stand it on Android. Slow, laggy, ad infested (adult content dating sites) constantly getting warnings about it using up too much of my cpu, constantly pushing stickers I'm my face, lack of contacts, not secured & no end to end encryption without paying for it while the competition uses it for free, sharing info with foreign governments and law enforcement....

Yeah, it got dropped and never coming back.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    When was the last time you used BBM? The new update has been very much welcome by people and it is much easier to locate your friends and contacts now.

Are you using a regular Android device that is currently still being supported by your manufacturer? If so I'm sure you will have no problems.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-08-16 10:48 AM
    No it hasn't.

Yes it has.

Before BB10, and with BB10
    09-08-16 07:11 PM
    Aaah... I think I need to start a group chat for those above 70 years old for my dad coz he just wants to chat with people. What's your PIN ? I guess it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman coz at that age you just want company right?

I fail to see whatever point you're trying to make.
    09-08-16 07:12 PM
    This thread strikes me as so odd. I use Blackberry Messenger all day every day on my Priv and every other BlackBerry device for over a decade. Multiple times a day. Messages, calls.... I never, ever have an issue. Never. I mean, I have to be a "heavy" user of Blackberry Messenger. Multiple contacts. Paid and unpaid features. I use Greenify and Tasker and other abusive to Android apps. I use a Bluetooth keyboard. I use voice to dictate responses. I hide and unhide the notifications. I use Blackberry Messenger constantly. I've used it for years every stinkin' day of the week. Wifi and cellular. Never the slightest blip or irritation. I can't understand the criticisms. This thread, on crackberry of all places, reminds me why BlackBerry has been so marginalized in the marketplace.

The big criticism is that BlackBerry--a dying company providing amazing and needed products and services--tries to make a little money after caving to carrier demands to ditch BIS because it costs 5 bucks a month then offers it to users for less?!

Shocking. Shameful.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    09-09-16 12:38 AM

The big criticism is that BlackBerry--a dying company providing amazing and needed products and services--tries to make a little money after caving to carrier demands to ditch BIS because it costs 5 bucks a month then offers it to users for less?!

Shocking. Shameful.

I wouldn't say they are providing an amazing service with BBM. Perhaps my standards are too high, but I am not impressed by BBM anymore.

Call quality isn't impressive, video chat is choppy and echoing. There hasn't been a single time where both my wife and I will video chat without an echo on both ends. We have tried Skype and Duo and no problems with either of those. Needless to say, Duo is our go to App now.
    There are other things I could nitpick about BBM, but that won't change anything. Yes, it still gets the job done, but eventually people get tired of it and want more. I am ready to move on once there is a better alternative.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-09-16 08:11 AM
    I fail to see whatever point you're trying to make.
    Simple Stickers are great & everybody loves them ... Well except my dad but then again he is 70 so we can understand it. He doesn't hate it as much as you though.

09-09-16 05:19 PM
    I have noticed BBM on Android definitely has ads posing as invites and other annoyances, all of which are missing on BB10. It is annoying and I suspect turns people off of the service, especially when the more popular alternatives are less intrusive.

I'm not sure what they can do to turn things around, but I'm pretty sure this isn't it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by fschmeck; 09-10-16 at 03:12 PM.
    vpblaze likes this.
    09-09-16 07:01 PM
    Simple Stickers are great & everybody loves them ... Well except my dad but then again he is 70 so we can understand it. He doesn't hate it as much as you though.

Everybody loves them eh
    I dont deny that some people like them but not everybody.
    And since stickers have been added BBM went downhill in reliability, but the focus was on adding more stickers instead of sorting the platform out.
    I'm not against the idea of stickers, but on BBM they were bloat. I use them on FB messenger which handles things like stickers much better then BBM.
    So enjoy the stickers mate, I'm sure you and your mates have a blast when they get through.
    I prefer more reliable, quicker IM services, something BBM could have been if it had been invested in
    09-09-16 10:54 PM
    Everybody loves them eh
    I dont deny that some people like them but not everybody.
    And since stickers have been added BBM went downhill in reliability, but the focus was on adding more stickers instead of sorting the platform out.
    I'm not against the idea of stickers, but on BBM they were bloat. I use them on FB messenger which handles things like stickers much better then BBM.
    So enjoy the stickers mate, I'm sure you and your mates have a blast when they get through.
    I prefer more reliable, quicker IM services, something BBM could have been if it had been invested in
    The stickers always get through never failed before though. Which BBM version are you using & which device are you using?

09-09-16 11:58 PM
    I have to say, I am a BlackBerry fan but I think stickers are dumb.

Not indicting anyone over using them. I just don't like them. Never have.

When they came out I just assumed BlackBerry had some market research that said people wanted them. I ignored them, and continue to do so.

09-10-16 12:25 AM
    The stickers always get through never failed before though. Which BBM version are you using & which device are you using?

Pre stickers, BBM used to be near enough instant. After stickers there were more and more times when messages were taking up to a hour to get through. Things like Glympse would start to lag as well
    So yeah I've uninstalled BBM, pretty much everyone I know has left it. But these issues were across multiple versions, I always wait to see if updates fixes things, and across multiple devices, Z10, Moto X, LG G4.
    09-10-16 12:53 AM
    I have no complain about bbm eventhough I'm done with it. It was nice messenger.

It's slow, sometimes hard to find network, eats more data than the others, and secure. It uses pin for identity. I didnt pay for custom pin, I always thought that pin which generated by blackberry is the most secure coded than the custom ones and I've never shared my pin, but everyday I always got invited by sponsored accounts which I didn't know from where they could know my pin (nice). Every update brought new features, now it supports gif (most useful feature), everyone began to use it for display picture even the ads, and makes my phone even slower when I opened it.

Now people in my workplace are using whatsapp. Eventhough it's free, fast, secure, and has end to end encryption. I can't stand it but I've to deal with it.
    09-10-16 04:52 AM
    I don't think I've ever seen an ad in bbm for bb10.

It's a shame that other os's experience has been ruined by this.

I know if this happened to me, I would dump it immediately.

Via Passport 
    09-10-16 08:35 AM
    What's up is ending. Time to use BBM more.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 10:04 AM
    I don't think I've ever seen an ad in bbm for bb10.

It's a shame that other os's experience has been ruined by this.

I know if this happened to me, I would dump it immediately.

Via Passport 
    On Android and I suppose the same for iOS not only are they showing ads but ads for adult dating sites. Just seems so sleazy. I could not/would not recommend it. I can't see myself ever reinstalling it.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    09-10-16 10:42 AM
    I fix the ad problem on my BBM on my Android, and it only cost me .99 cents a month. If you don't want ads and you can afford .03 cents a day, then spring for it. If you can't then you better think about another BBM is dying rant, because it is getting old.
    09-10-16 11:04 AM
    Pre stickers, BBM used to be near enough instant. After stickers there were more and more times when messages were taking up to a hour to get through. Things like Glympse would start to lag as well
    So yeah I've uninstalled BBM, pretty much everyone I know has left it. But these issues were across multiple versions, I always wait to see if updates fixes things, and across multiple devices, Z10, Moto X, LG G4.
    Are you sure that these problems you were facing were caused by stickers or some other factors? Have you decided that this is fact or is there any evidence to show this?

09-10-16 04:07 PM
    I have no complain about bbm eventhough I'm done with it. It was nice messenger.

It's slow, sometimes hard to find network, eats more data than the others, and secure. It uses pin for identity. I didnt pay for custom pin, I always thought that pin which generated by blackberry is the most secure coded than the custom ones and I've never shared my pin, but everyday I always got invited by sponsored accounts which I didn't know from where they could know my pin (nice). Every update brought new features, now it supports gif (most useful feature), everyone began to use it for display picture even the ads, and makes my phone even slower when I opened it.

Now people in my workplace are using whatsapp. Eventhough it's free, fast, secure, and has end to end encryption. I can't stand it but I've to deal with it.
    You must have not used BBM in a long time. I really don't know how come you have got invites from sponsored accounts perhaps you might have left your PIN somewhere for others or might have joined some PIN trains going round.

BBM now also allow you to register using a phone number, however your contacts will not see your phone number they will only see your PIN. It will help you find your friends who also have registered BBM using their phone numbers which is more accurate than using an email like it used to.

My personal experience with WhatsApp is not as reliable as it seem to be. Once I was supposed to meet a friend who only used WhatsApp. He was late so I WhatsApp him. It shows 2 ticks and there was no reply.

He showed up 45 minutes later. We were chatting & drinking at the place for another 2 hours and suddenly my message to him came in. That message was already indicated as sent & received before he arrived. You will definitely dispute this as all my other friends Sho were not there it is alright. I'm not saying that BBM is the best but so far as I know in BBM if it says it's not delivered it is not delivered, if it says it is delivered then it is. BBM would even show a red cross if it was not able to deliver a message after a certain period of time too unlike WhatsApp which would just say message sent which most people think it is already received.

09-10-16 04:20 PM
    You must have not used BBM in a long time. I really don't know how come you have got invites from sponsored accounts perhaps you might have left your PIN somewhere for others or might have joined some PIN trains going round.

BBM now also allow you to register using a phone number, however your contacts will not see your phone number they will only see your PIN. It will help you find your friends who also have registered BBM using their phone numbers which is more accurate than using an email like it used to.

My personal experience with WhatsApp is not as reliable as it seem to be. Once I was supposed to meet a friend who only used WhatsApp. He was late so I WhatsApp him. It shows 2 ticks and there was no reply.

He showed up 45 minutes later. We were chatting & drinking at the place for another 2 hours and suddenly my message to him came in. That message was already indicated as sent & received before he arrived. You will definitely dispute this as all my other friends Sho were not there it is alright. I'm not saying that BBM is the best but so far as I know in BBM if it says it's not delivered it is not delivered, if it says it is delivered then it is. BBM would even show a red cross if it was not able to deliver a message after a certain period of time too unlike WhatsApp which would just say message sent which most people think it is already received.

I was using it everytime from the day one it released for android. So my account is still using email, not phone number. Even now I haven't created new account using my number. I just can't deal that those ads will mess with it. I never joined any pin trading groups, so I guessed all those sponsored accounts got my pin from blackberry itself. They share my pin/account to their advertisers.
    09-10-16 08:04 PM
    I fix the ad problem on my BBM on my Android, and it only cost me .99 cents a month. If you don't want ads and you can afford .03 cents a day, then spring for it. If you can't then you better think about another BBM is dying rant, because it is getting old.
    12 dollars a year?
    I fix it free, by using another better app.
    vpblaze likes this.
    09-10-16 08:08 PM
    If your talking whatsapp, facebook has a surprise for you coming up or you haven't been paying attention
    09-10-16 08:56 PM
    Are you sure that these problems you were facing were caused by stickers or some other factors? Have you decided that this is fact or is there any evidence to show this?

These problems came at the same time as stickers, whether its the stickers themselves or changes made to accomodate the stickers. it matters not, the service isnt what it used to be. And BBM has lost users as a result.
    There is no evidence it's stickers though.
    09-10-16 11:09 PM
    If your talking whatsapp, facebook has a surprise for you coming up or you haven't been paying attention
    I know that, but they still haven't doing anything yet. If they put some crazy stuffs like bbm, I'll look for another.
    09-10-16 11:29 PM
    I'm shocked what BlackBerry people give up to use messengers. Blackberry Messenger is the original mobile Messenger. It has a great feature set, is now cross platform, costs nothing, doesn't track you and monitor your activities, is encrypted (and has been for years), etc. There is just no downside. Whatsapp is about to be a monster on your phone. Only Signal respects users like Blackberry Messenger does.

I really don't understand why this thread is on Crackberry. Blackberry Messenger is a cornerstone of the BlackBerry ecosystem. BlackBerry users should encourage others to use it.

I do. Read about which services store your messages at rest, which ones require a phone number, which ones CAN track you. Then consider Blackberry Messenger protected and it's features, including audio and video calls. No comparison.

TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-10-16 11:53 PM
    I'm shocked what BlackBerry people give up to use messengers. Blackberry Messenger is the original mobile Messenger. It has a great feature set, is now cross platform, costs nothing, doesn't track you and monitor your activities, is encrypted (and has been for years), etc. There is just no downside. Whatsapp is about to be a monster on your phone. Only Signal respects users like Blackberry Messenger does.
    Sure, but it's painfully slow and feed me with ads invitation.
    09-11-16 12:24 AM
179 12345 ...