Well said.

But when I can have private messages with clients then go to a private voice or video chat seamlessly, then rest assured that no screenshots of my conversations can be made and they disappear at the expiration time? Awesome.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    Just to mention it... you will need an additional subscription for protected voice and video... not available in all countries even...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 04:31 AM
    I think it must have been a really long time ago since you've seen or used BBM as your perception of seem to be that of BBM when it first went cross platform and no further. BBM has evolved tremendously since then then.

It's not perfect yet but it is feature rich and has surpassed that of WhatsApp by far. However there does seem to be a slight lacking in BBM group chats. Their features are not as standardised as that of WhatsApp. Even in view of BBM having less standardised features than WhatsApp, BBM still dwarfs WhatsApp in terms of features that matters.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    "...surpassed Whatsapp...

Sorry, but I've been a user of both for a long time.

BBM is horribly unreliable compared to WA.

One example...
    In fact Glympse still doesn't work correctly on Android.

Granted, it's a feature WA doesn't have. But if it doesn't work... it's useless.

And message delivery and notification has often been horrible on BBM, which is rare with WA.

09-21-16 09:04 AM

And message delivery and notification has often been horrible on BBM, which is rare with WA.

That's sad to hear

That used to be almost supernaturally accurate back in the day for BBM
    09-21-16 09:23 AM
    BBM between 2 BlackBerrys is the ultimate in communication. Customizable LED, ping, delivery confirmation, Glympse, message retracting, private chat, HD pic attaching etc are great and I even enjoy stickers. However, I have been disappointed in messaging friends with the iOS version as they do not seem to have reliable notifications ( I know. BlackBerry cannot give them a flashing LED but maybe they are just ignoring me-- lol)

BB, Still the One
    09-21-16 03:22 PM
    BBM between 2 BlackBerrys is the ultimate in communication. Customizable LED, ping, delivery confirmation, Glympse, message retracting, private chat, HD pic attaching etc are great and I even enjoy stickers. However, I have been disappointed in messaging friends with the iOS version as they do not seem to have reliable notifications ( I know. BlackBerry cannot give them a flashing LED but maybe they are just ignoring me-- lol)

BB, Still the One
    Ever ask why...?

Why is it that Whatsapp can provide reliable IM, including notifications, cross platform... and BBM can't?

Chen should be required to answer THAT question, since he fancies himself the leader of a software company.

TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-21-16 07:30 PM
    I assume everyone is being accurate. I've just never had a problem with notifications or anything else.

09-21-16 08:51 PM
    Just to mention it... you will need an additional subscription for protected voice and video... not available in all countries even...

Posted via CB10
    That's true. I have the subscription so maybe I'm getting more out of it than most.

09-21-16 09:51 PM
    Sure, you can call me strange and blabbering. It is healthy to keep a critical or even cynical point of view. I have one myself. All I can say to you is that this experience is completely true and happened last year. Whether you want to believe or not, is your decision.

And yes, you are right. This happened way before Facebook officially declared that they were going to share WhatsApp data with Facebook. But if you search online, you will discover that Facebook has on a few occasions lied about their activity.

But don't mistake this Facebook bashing that I won't criticise BBM when I think they deserve it. BBM can be very spammy, on certain platforms when the No Ads subscription isn't employed. I have already stated this numerous times. I am also not sure whether they are on the right track with monthly subscriptions. Think they should offer more payment plans.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if whatsapp really shared your number or your contact numbers with facebook. I guess it was facebook that accessed your contact directly (which is easy to re-set the permission) and suggested related facebook user that has the same number to you. Coincidentally, those contact numbers was also being used by the users as their whatsapp number. Just guessing.

Ever ask why...?

Why is it that Whatsapp can provide reliable IM, including notifications, cross platform... and BBM can't?

Chen should be required to answer THAT question, since he fancies himself the leader of a software company.

They don't have capable enough rnd to make good cross platform apps. But they don't dare to ask you to subscript if you want. LOL.
    09-22-16 05:55 AM
    BBM cross platyform to Android was fine when it first came out.
    No issues.

It got worse for some reason, I blame stickers as it was when they started appearing more frequently, but could be for a completely different reason.

Either way the reason is unimportant, it happened and damage is done in my eyes
    09-22-16 07:42 AM
    Nah I used BBM well after crossplatform. Used it for a long time with Glympse integrated too.
    But after a while it just seemed to degrade for me. Glympse suddenly be laggy. Messages took ages to go through. Used to work fine crossplatform for me for ages.
    Got frustrated when the only changes I could see were new sticker packs.

It may have changed and gotten better, but everyone I know had abandoned it by then
    Well this never happened to me. I did hear of such complaints on the forum when BBM first went cross platforms but these complaints soon dissappeared either the problem disappeared or the subscribers dissappeared.

09-23-16 01:25 PM

One example...

Granted, it's a feature WA doesn't have. But if it doesn't work... it's useless.

I'm using Android and I never encountered these problems. Well but I have to agree with you that Glympse is totally useless as it doesn't have an ETA built in.

09-23-16 01:27 PM
    Ever ask why...?

I'm not sure why but let me tell you of my experiences with friends and family who uses Android and iPhone who complain about the BBM notification as compared to WhatsApp notification.

Let's take my dad sometimes he would ask me to send him information or phone contacts of certain people. He will be sitting next to me and I would send these requested information to him via BBM. I can hear the BBM ring tone go off immediately after I send it. This notification is completely ignored.

Then say 10 minutes later I would say send him a joke that someone shared with me via WhatsApp. I forward to him and he will immediately pick up the phone and read the WhatsApp laughs and then reply other WhatsApp messages. Then he will say hey when are you going to send those things I requested? Then I will have to say I have already sent it via BBM before the joke. It will always be met with where got? How come there are no notifications from BBM?

This is also the same with my friends as well too. Most of them have since deleted BBM and revert back to WhatsApp only.

Perhaps this is the notification problems that people have with BBM.... Also I don't know...

09-23-16 01:37 PM
    I'm using Android and I never encountered these problems. Well but I have to agree with you that Glympse is totally useless as it doesn't have an ETA built in.

Glympse is pretty cool. Even without the ETA. Stop exaggerating and dramatising every suboptimal point of BBM and focus on the relevant parts. WhatsApp has not even anything like Glympse...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 01:46 PM
    Glympse is pretty cool. Even without the ETA. Stop exaggerating and dramatising every suboptimal point of BBM and focus on the relevant parts. WhatsApp has not even anything like Glympse...

Posted via CB10
    Eeer don't understand what you mean...

09-23-16 01:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Glympse does not work correctly on Android. When iOS sends there map to Android, the Android will not auto center on the movements of the iOS sender (though it does work the other way around).

Confirmed between multiple users... and very frustrating.

chain13 likes this.
    09-23-16 05:26 PM
    Glympse is pretty cool. Even without the ETA.
    Exactly! Glympse is great. You can see where the person is, in real time as they travel, so why would you need ETA? My wife tracks me on me Z30 in winter storms on our rural highway here in the Northeast -- great safety feature!

BB, Still the One
    David Tyler likes this.
    09-23-16 07:10 PM
    For what it's worth, (this might fall on deaf ears here) the new Google Allo app isnt half bad. Almost all of my BBM contacts are trying it with me, and we all seem to be enjoying the UI/ experience. Three of them which have commented that they are glad there is no ads.
    See, other then my immediate family, my other dozen or so contacts all had BBM installed with me being their only contact. Which now that they are trying Allo, will see no purpose have using BBM.
    I am not saying that everyone is going to ditch BBM. I will keep it installed and see if I miss it at all.
    Worth a shot right?

Also folks, keep in mind, I am not anti BBM. I have been a avid user since my first BlackBerry. I am just seeing if there is something out there that could offer more.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-24-16 02:08 AM
    For what it's worth, (this might fall on deaf ears here) the new Google Allo app isnt half bad. Almost all of my BBM contacts are trying it with me, and we all seem to be enjoying the UI/ experience. Three of them which have commented that they are glad there is no ads.
    See, other then my immediate family, my other dozen or so contacts all had BBM installed with me being their only contact. Which now that they are trying Allo, will see no purpose have using BBM.
    I am not saying that everyone is going to ditch BBM. I will keep it installed and see if I miss it at all.
    Worth a shot right?

Also folks, keep in mind, I am not anti BBM. I have been a avid user since my first BlackBerry. I am just seeing if there is something out there that could offer more.
    Sure, why not try out Allo?

For myself, I don't see any compelling reasons to try out Allo. I am not interested in its AI capabilities and Google will probably use that (and the content of my messages) for their purpose.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 02:33 AM
    Exactly! Glympse is great. You can see where the person is, in real time as they travel, so why would you need ETA? My wife tracks me on me Z30 in winter storms on our rural highway here in the Northeast -- great safety feature!

BB, Still the One
    You need ETA because you don't know when he or she will arrive. You don't know how long you will have to wait.

09-24-16 10:52 AM

Other ads appereance in productivity suite
    09-25-16 03:30 AM
    Sure, why not try out Allo?

For myself, I don't see any compelling reasons to try out Allo. I am not interested in its AI capabilities and Google will probably use that (and the content of my messages) for their purpose.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I just found out about allo I don't think there should be any reason for me to use this app as it has very little features and is no where near BBM. For the time being I will still stick to BBM then.

09-25-16 10:29 PM

One example...

WhatsApp sometimes takes hours to deliver a message between my Samsung phone and my friends Samsung phones. The beautiful part of WhatsApp is even though the message has not been delivered, it will be marked as delivered on the senders phone. So he will never know.

09-25-16 10:33 PM
    Could you perhaps make a screenshot the next time you see an adult ad on BBM? And then share it with us? Think it is indeed very shameful that such ads are in a chat app. Need to make BlackBerry aware of this bull****.

Posted via CB10
    Hey bud, here is a screenshot of one of the ads. Sure it isn't smut or anything like that, but still an un- necessary ad. At least advertise to something that I might be interested in.

It was also fluke that I noticed this ad. I have been using Allo all weekend and so far have been pleased with it. In all honesty, All but one of my BBM contacts were willing to try Allo. And that one is the only guy still using BB10.
    09-25-16 10:44 PM
    Hey bud, here is a screenshot of one of the ads. Sure it isn't smut or anything like that, but still an un- necessary ad. At least advertise to something that I might be interested in.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...52ad9619ee.jpg

It was also fluke that I noticed this ad. I have been using Allo all weekend and so far have been pleased with it. In all honesty, All but one of my BBM contacts were willing to try Allo. And that one is the only guy still using BB10.
    Wow. BlackBerry is really scraping the bottom of the barrel for revenue there. Sad.

vpblaze likes this.
    09-25-16 10:54 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...52ad9619ee.jpg

So how do you like allo? What I read on Google play isn't exciting and what my friend told me about allo makes me feel I wouldn't want to be bothered.

09-25-16 11:15 PM
179 ... 45678