The ads go away with protected.

But I agree, they are intrusive. When I switched phones and before I activated protected I kept getting notifications for ads and it was irritating. I must admit. I return to the fact that BlackBerry has a commercial grade, global infrastructure that has to be paid for somehow.

The worst spamming I have ever gotten is when I posted my pin on Crackberry in some thread. It was a generic penpal type thing. A day later some alleged female started messaging me. Real irritating. Thank goodness for the blocking feature. Oh, and he/she/it was not a Crackberry member, so some sort of trollip, I presume.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    09-11-16 12:41 AM
    12 dollars a year?
    I fix it free, by using another better app.
    WhatsApp? ? You are guaranteed that your phone number will be sold to their advertisers.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-11-16 06:12 AM
    I know that, but they still haven't doing anything yet. If they put some crazy stuffs like bbm, I'll look for another.
    Well in WhatsApp they will not have advertisement, but they will let their advertisers contact you directly whether you agree or not. The latest update that just happened was for that purpose. To force you to give permission to let them datamine and share your information with their advertisers.

09-11-16 06:17 AM
    Well in WhatsApp they will not have advertisement, but they will let their advertisers contact you directly whether you agree or not. The latest update that just happened was for that purpose. To force you to give permission to let them datamine and share your information with their advertisers.

If the adbanners are just there that's okay. As long as they doesn't feed me with massive ads invitation like bbm do.
    09-11-16 08:33 AM
    If the adbanners are just there that's okay. As long as they doesn't feed me with massive ads invitation like bbm do.
    OK I have never got any ad invitation before on BBM so I'm not sure what you're talking about then.

09-11-16 10:47 AM
    I'm shocked what BlackBerry people give up to use messengers. Blackberry Messenger is the original mobile Messenger. It has a great feature set, is now cross platform, costs nothing, doesn't track you and monitor your activities, is encrypted (and has been for years), etc. There is just no downside....
    What rock have you been living under?!?!

BBM messages have been hacked for years. RCMP have the global encryption keys. If you ain't paying for an upgraded BBM or on BES your comms over BBM aren't secure.

BlackBerry does track you and certainly gives up your information to foreign governments. Just ask the Italians. They track your locations, your purchases over BBM with PayPal etc etc.

Never mind now that BBM is slow and buggy, shows intrusive adult dating ads to minors, lacking cross platform.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    crackberry_geek and vpblaze like this.
    09-11-16 08:58 PM
    Can we cut the bickering and stay on the topic of BBM ...
    09-11-16 10:43 PM

BBM messages have been hacked for years. RCMP have the global encryption keys. If you ain't paying for an upgraded BBM or on BES your comms over BBM aren't secure.

BlackBerry does track you and certainly gives up your information to foreign governments. Just ask the Italians. They track your locations, your purchases over BBM with PayPal etc etc.

Never mind now that BBM is slow and buggy, shows intrusive adult dating ads to minors, lacking cross platform.

Do you have any proof of these?

09-12-16 12:22 AM

Google it. All those have had articles about them. Most recently the RCMP encryption key.

Also, the adult dating ads are shameful. I created BlackBerry ID for my son. After I log in I immediately start seeing ads for Zoosk and **** like that. That's pretty sleezy. At least put ads up that are relevant to my history...
    09-12-16 09:28 AM
    Google it. All those have had articles about them. Most recently the RCMP encryption key.

Also, the adult dating ads are shameful. I created BlackBerry ID for my son. After I log in I immediately start seeing ads for Zoosk and **** like that. That's pretty sleezy. At least put ads up that are relevant to my history...
    Oh you mean the debacle under pgp, had nothing to do with them hacking BlackBerry os or bbm.
    09-12-16 10:28 AM
    Oh you mean the debacle under pgp, had nothing to do with them hacking BlackBerry os or bbm.
    NOPE! We mean: The RCMP has had power to intercept BlackBerry messages for years: report | IT World Canada News

Canadian police have had master key to BlackBerry's encryption since 2010 | The Verge

'Outrageous': RCMP has key to unlock BlackBerry messages | CTV News

BlackBerry hands over user data to help police 'kick ***,' insider says - Technology & Science - CBC News

Some highlights from the above article:3 categories of information:

It offers a menu of three categories of information BlackBerry can provide:

-Device, account, and subscriber data (including PIN, IMEI, SIM, BlackBerry ID, name, address, payment, and purchase information).
    -Message transaction logs (times and dates of BBM and PIN message exchanges, current BBM contact list).
    -"Other."

Multiple law enforcement and company sources tell CBC that the "Other" section is where police detail requests to intercept and descramble user communications, including the consumer versions of its once popular BBM and Pin-to-Pin messaging services.

The real kicker IMHO:

"Yet they also say they are surprised criminals have been slow to pick up on BlackBerry's co-operation with police to access messages."

Just read the articles, you'll be surprised what's revealed and the funny part is that's all we know. We have to wonder what else they are holding back from the public.

So, if you think Blackberry cares about you and your privacy you been bamboozled. Defending Blackberry after all this has come to light is just plain stupid and ignorant.
    vpblaze likes this.
    09-12-16 11:50 AM

Read the above post! There's more what that came from. Just search for it, its all out there. Probably a whole lot more that we don't know about.
    09-12-16 11:52 AM
    See, the keys are good for say os5 os6, but for os10, they don't work so well, nor do they work on Android
    09-12-16 12:16 PM
    NOPE! We mean: The RCMP has had power to intercept BlackBerry messages for years: report | IT World Canada News

Canadian police have had master key to BlackBerry's encryption since 2010 | The Verge

'Outrageous': RCMP has key to unlock BlackBerry messages | CTV News

BlackBerry hands over user data to help police 'kick ***,' insider says - Technology & Science - CBC News

Some highlights from the above article:3 categories of information:

It offers a menu of three categories of information BlackBerry can provide:

-Device, account, and subscriber data (including PIN, IMEI, SIM, BlackBerry ID, name, address, payment, and purchase information).
    -Message transaction logs (times and dates of BBM and PIN message exchanges, current BBM contact list).
    -"Other."

Multiple law enforcement and company sources tell CBC that the "Other" section is where police detail requests to intercept and descramble user communications, including the consumer versions of its once popular BBM and Pin-to-Pin messaging services.

The real kicker IMHO:

"Yet they also say they are surprised criminals have been slow to pick up on BlackBerry's co-operation with police to access messages."

Just read the articles, you'll be surprised what's revealed and the funny part is that's all we know. We have to wonder what else they are holding back from the public.

So, if you think Blackberry cares about you and your privacy you been bamboozled. Defending Blackberry after all this has come to light is just plain stupid and ignorant.
    Please go back and read those articles again. Then you will be embarrassed at what you are saying.

09-12-16 12:35 PM
    Please go back and read those articles again. Then you will be embarrassed at what you are saying.

I understood them quite well the first time I read them. Thanks.

Why don't you stop defending a BlackBerry. Wake up. You're living a lie if you think BlackBerry cares about you and BB10. They, the makers of bb10 abandoned it but your still defending an os that has reached Eol(whether the officially stated it or not). Wake up buddy.

crackberry_geek and chain13 like this.
    09-12-16 04:04 PM
    You must have not used BBM in a long time. I really don't know how come you have got invites from sponsored accounts perhaps you might have left your PIN somewhere for others or might have joined some PIN trains going round.

BBM now also allow you to register using a phone number, however your contacts will not see your phone number they will only see your PIN. It will help you find your friends who also have registered BBM using their phone numbers which is more accurate than using an email like it used to.

My personal experience with WhatsApp is not as reliable as it seem to be. Once I was supposed to meet a friend who only used WhatsApp. He was late so I WhatsApp him. It shows 2 ticks and there was no reply.

He showed up 45 minutes later. We were chatting & drinking at the place for another 2 hours and suddenly my message to him came in. That message was already indicated as sent & received before he arrived. You will definitely dispute this as all my other friends Sho were not there it is alright. I'm not saying that BBM is the best but so far as I know in BBM if it says it's not delivered it is not delivered, if it says it is delivered then it is. BBM would even show a red cross if it was not able to deliver a message after a certain period of time too unlike WhatsApp which would just say message sent which most people think it is already received.

Is the add BBM friends via phone number only for non bb10 versions. Don't see that option on my z30

Posted via CB10
    09-12-16 04:48 PM

I'm not living under a rock. I use Blackberry Messenger protected and no one has the keys.

miker476 and David Tyler like this.
    09-12-16 08:53 PM
    See, the keys are good for say os5 os6, but for os10, they don't work so well, nor do they work on Android
    You obviously didn't read anything from any of the articles. Just proved your a sheep and only want to see what you want not the truth. So stick with your BlackBerry 10. That's fine it suits you just fine. No need to continue.
    09-12-16 09:02 PM
    I'm not living under a rock. I use Blackberry Messenger protected and no one has the keys.

I use Blackberry Messenger exclusively. And I have clients who cannot use text messages. They want me to use Whatsapp? No. Viber? No. Telegram? Nope. ChatOn? No. Imessage? HAHAHAHAHAH. Hangouts? Negative. Facebook? Hell no. Signal? Okay. Blackberry Messenger? Ding ding!!! I've studied it. Seriously, not under a rock. I don't understand glitchy and slow either. I've used Blackberry Messenger every day since it was invented and have never had such issues.

My only issue was ads, for a total of about ten minutes.

EOL? Nah. It is a marquee product.

I don't know how this happened.

miker476 and David Tyler like this.
    09-12-16 09:15 PM
    You obviously didn't read anything from any of the articles. Just proved your a sheep and only want to see what you want not the truth. So stick with your BlackBerry 10. That's fine it suits you just fine. No need to continue.
    Obvious you don't listen when it doesn't fit your narrative, that article was debunked by BlackBerry and a few government agencies. So when you decide to get your head out of your rear.
    09-12-16 09:54 PM
    Obvious you don't listen when it doesn't fit your narrative, that article was debunked by BlackBerry and a few government agencies. So when you decide to get your head out of your rear.

Proof? Oh, there is NO proof to what you are saying. Blackberry has said "They enjoy helping the cops kick***." So now we leave it into the hands of Blackberry to decide whats right and wrong? Not a Judge who can issue a warrent and be held to account if he took a wrong action. Wake up! Blackberry atleast at the very basic level that most consumers use is NOT secure. No end-to-end encryption without paying for it or when not on BES. But even with that they track your meta data.

Stop living a lie...
    Last edited by 1khalid; 09-13-16 at 09:36 AM.
    09-13-16 08:16 AM
    Is the add BBM friends via phone number only for non bb10 versions. Don't see that option on my z30

Posted via CB10
    Yes, unfortunately it is only for non-Blackberry phones for new registrations only. I have re-registered another BBM ID so that friends can locate me.

09-13-16 11:52 AM
    I understood them quite well the first time I read them. Thanks.

Why don't you stop defending a BlackBerry. Wake up. You're living a lie if you think BlackBerry cares about you and BB10. They, the makers of bb10 abandoned it but your still defending an os that has reached Eol(whether the officially stated it or not). Wake up buddy.

In that case I would suggest that you either go back & re-read these articles and at the same time do some research or go for more English lessons so that you can understand what is actually written in these articles.

For your information I'm not even defending BlackBerry 10 in the first place.

Firstly there has been no hacks on BBM ever. Yes, BBM has been banned in a few counties before the other messengers got popular and the only way the local governments of Saudi Arabia, India and so on allows BBM to be up again were that BBM allow them to have access to some conversation they suspect for criminal investigation of terrorism.

BBM agreed to this only on the condition of having a court order.

On the other hand iMessage and WhatsApp has been by police and other hackers and so on. So what the **** are you talking about?

09-13-16 12:02 PM
    In that case I would suggest that you either go back & re-read these articles and at the same time do some research or go for more English lessons so that you can understand what is actually written in these articles.

For your information I'm not even defending BlackBerry 10 in the first place.

Firstly there has been no hacks on BBM ever. Yes, BBM has been banned in a few counties before the other messengers got popular and the only way the local governments of Saudi Arabia, India and so on allows BBM to be up again were that BBM allow them to have access to some conversation they suspect for criminal investigation of terrorism.

BBM agreed to this only on the condition of having a court order.

On the other hand iMessage and WhatsApp has been by police and other hackers and so on. So what the **** are you talking about?

The fact that you have resort to name calling and trolling than acuse me of being some ESL student when Im born and raised in Canada and only speak English. I can hardly understand French. Just shows how ill informed and ignorant you are.

Since you haven't read any of the articles and still live the lie that BlackBerry has been feeding you and can't show any proof to back up your claims or refute anything with proof that I posted proves your just a fanboy.

Even if your claim that they never been hacked it true who cares if they are giving all your info up to everyone willingly with no warrants or oversite. That makes it even worse.
    Your BlackBerry is rotten and has mold growing on it. I suggested you throw it.

Have fun. Thanks for killing this thread with your nonsense. I'm out.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-13-16 08:19 PM
    The fact that you have resort to name calling and trolling than acuse me of being some ESL student when Im born and raised in Canada and only speak English. I can hardly understand French. Just shows how ill informed and ignorant you are.

Since you haven't read any of the articles and still live the lie that BlackBerry has been feeding you and can't show any proof to back up your claims or refute anything with proof that I posted proves your just a fanboy.

Even if your claim that they never been hacked it true who cares if they are giving all your info up to everyone willingly with no warrants or oversite. That makes it even worse.
    Your BlackBerry is rotten and has mold growing on it. I suggested you throw it.

Have fun. Thanks for killing this thread with your nonsense. I'm out.
    Well in that case your English must be too good that you cannot understand the part that says that BlackBerry will only release information with a court order and that they will not weaver. I really do not understand how you seem to miss out the other few words that says "only with a court order for criminal investigation or terrorist investigation"

Compare it with other apps that has been outright hacked but market it with end to end encryption.

TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-13-16 10:23 PM
179 ... 23456 ...