You send one message and get a response and couple munutes later its gone. I expect to be able to go into a message app and check my chats whenever I please. Snapchat is a half baked attempt as clearly that's not their primary function. I don't worry about 4 am message on any messenger as well. My phone is always o. Priority for just phone calls from contacts.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    you can save each chat by pressing and holding on what the person said. You just need to learn the tricks. Also for security I dig that the chats do dissappear if you don't save them, and no messy cache to clear up later. Depends how you look at it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-22-16 08:49 PM
    you can save each chat by pressing and holding on what the person said. You just need to learn the tricks. Also for security I dig that the chats do dissappear if you don't save them, and no messy cache to clear up later. Depends how you look at it.

I would rather have the choice of a private chat that BBM offers and a regular chat rather then long pressing on every message the person sends. I have many friends who use snapchat al constantly (for what it was meant for) and rarely do they chat in it. But if it's your thing that's cool.

miker476 likes this.
    08-22-16 09:41 PM
    I would rather have the choice of a private chat that BBM offers and a regular chat rather then long pressing on every message the person sends. I have many friends who use snapchat al constantly (for what it was meant for) and rarely do they chat in it. But if it's your thing that's cool.

Yup it has evolved, it's not just for taking funny pics anymore The chat is just a bonus, but you are right I don't think it is encrypted....

08-22-16 09:57 PM
    Yup it has evolved, it's not just for taking funny pics anymore The chat is just a bonus, but you are right I don't think it is encrypted....

Pics have been leaking with regularity in the past... *eek* =8-o

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    08-22-16 11:20 PM
    Not only are the constant ads in BBM generally annoying, but they invariably include adult themes (eg dating) making it an impossible to recommend/flat out inappropriate for certain demographics (esp younger users)

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 12:36 AM
    We should all write to Matthew Talbot with a cc to John Chen. It has become embarrassing to recommend BBM on Android or iOS to friends and family...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 12:39 AM
    On my iphone the ads in BBM are about half-way down in my contacts list and while a bit obtrusive, and you can swipe to delete them, certainly not a deal breaker for me.

In ios the issue I experience is double posting and pics that you send say "transfer failed" but the receiver did get the pic and I always have to ask the person.

It actually works perfectly on the old 9900.

There are hardly ever any updates for BBM on ios and they need to stay on top of this I think.

08-23-16 12:46 AM
    Pics have been leaking with regularity in the past... *eek* =8-o

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    as badly as icloud maybe

08-23-16 12:47 AM
    as badly as icloud maybe

What rhymes with Snap and starts with an F...?

That's a kind of Chat....? It's a Snappening... Ouch! :-)

anon(9721108) likes this.
    08-23-16 12:57 AM
    I have a question though, what is the advantage of using a private chat in BBM I mean isn't it private to begin with?
    08-23-16 02:27 AM
    I have a question though, what is the advantage of using a private chat in BBM I mean isn't it private to begin with?
    When you and the other party leave this chat, the history will be deleted, on both devices...

Advanced government snooping can never be ruled out. But they won't be interested in the raunchy stuff between me and my sweetheart wife, or you and yours for that matter ... :-D

08-23-16 03:54 AM
    BB is doing exactly what they should do - move into markets where they can make new, innovative products, not try to prop up products that have already failed in the marketplace.
    Tell me more about the innovative products...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 05:15 AM
    Not only are the constant ads in BBM generally annoying, but they invariably include adult themes (eg dating) making it an impossible to recommend/flat out inappropriate for certain demographics (esp younger users)

Posted via CB10
    I have pretty solid evidence that BlackBerry is data mining and and using that info for targeted ads.

Johhny...shame on you... you should be ashamed.

3dee... the ads you're seeing are based on Johnny's data mining of you.

chain13 likes this.
    09-04-16 07:48 PM
    I have pretty solid evidence that BlackBerry is data mining and and using that info for targeted ads.
    You mean, for example, BB's Terms of Service, wherein it clearly states that they are collecting user data for various purposes, including advertising? That isn't anything new, and long predated Chen's arrival.
    09-04-16 08:06 PM
    I hear ya, I have moved on from BB10, and have purchased the protected service via BlackBerry Enterprise store, no ads, or you can subscribe to their no ads service via subscription in respective playstore. Google will advertise to you other ways, but BlackBerry has no other ways to monetize BBM.
    Same here.

Blackberry Messenger is still the best Messenger, IMHO. Not tied to a number. And with protected it is very secure.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    09-04-16 08:42 PM
    You mean, for example, BB's Terms of Service, wherein it clearly states that they are collecting user data for various purposes, including advertising? That isn't anything new, and long predated Chen's arrival.
    Say what you wish.

I have been on BlackBerry since 2002... and there has never been the slimeyness until chen trying (unsuccessfully... mind you) to monetize BBM.

Ironically, if he had simply asked for a subscription to BB10, many of us would have come out in droves to do so. But no... he had to stoop lower than Google. Shame on him...

Last edited by crackberry_geek; 09-06-16 at 07:37 AM.
    09-04-16 10:21 PM
    Say what you wish.

I have been on BlackBerry since 2002... and there has never been the slimeyness until chen trying (unsuccessfully... mind you) to monetize BBM.

Ironically, if he had simply asked for a subscription to BB10, many of us would have come out in droves to do so. But no... he had to stop lower than Google. Shame on him...

Software as a Service. Why not pay? I don't have a proBBlem with that... :-)

But, that means they're somehow obligated to produce, and likely they'd rather cut the ties...

David Tyler likes this.
    09-05-16 09:20 PM
    BBM is shedding its user base quickly - even in Indonesia, where it was formerly a key part of daily life. I wouldn't count on any big investments in a dying service - that would be like a new paint job for the Titanic after it had struck the iceberg...

BB is doing exactly what they should do - move into markets where they can make new, innovative products, not try to prop up products that have already failed in the marketplace.
    How do you know BBM is shedding it's user base quickly? It could be true, i don't know but is this your opinion or do you have some source to back that up?

09-05-16 09:54 PM
    Say what you wish.

Ironically, if he had simply asked for a subscription to BB10, many of us would have come out in droves to do so. But no... he had to stoop lower than Google. Shame on him...

That would be the laziest, most unimaginative, boring and deterring way to monetize BBM. BlackBerry could have employed a junior executive & paid him $1,500 a month salary to do and not John Chen. I would have left BBM forever.

09-06-16 12:47 PM
    Say what you wish.

What are you talking about, it's always been there
    09-08-16 01:46 AM
    Same here.

Blackberry Messenger is still the best Messenger, IMHO. Not tied to a number. And with protected it is very secure.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    BBM used to be the greatest, it became horrible which is why I went from being one it's biggest supporters to refusing to use it.
    Stickers were the worst thing to happen to it. So unreliable after that
    09-08-16 01:48 AM
    Pushing stickers into my face all the time and taking up valuable screenspace on my Classic is annoying but hardly the worst thing nor do stickers have any effect on performance or reliability for me.

-- Give me a keyboard, a 5 star rated Browser and a fulcrum point and I could move the world.
    09-08-16 04:13 AM
    I dropped BBM. Couldn't stand it on Android. Slow, laggy, ad infested (adult content dating sites) constantly getting warnings about it using up too much of my cpu, constantly pushing stickers I'm my face, lack of contacts, not secured & no end to end encryption without paying for it while the competition uses it for free, sharing info with foreign governments and law enforcement....

Yeah, it got dropped and never coming back.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    09-08-16 06:31 AM
    What are you talking about, it's always been there
    No it hasn't.

09-08-16 07:58 AM
    BBM used to be the greatest, it became horrible which is why I went from being one it's biggest supporters to refusing to use it.
    Stickers were the worst thing to happen to it. So unreliable after that
    Aaah... I think I need to start a group chat for those above 70 years old for my dad coz he just wants to chat with people. What's your PIN ? I guess it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman coz at that age you just want company right?

TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-08-16 10:45 AM
179 1234 ...