The hardware specifications of the current BlackBerry 10 smartphones is more than sufficient for the various tasks for which they were intended. The issue for BlackBerry, the company and the brand, is simply lack of credibility in the eyes of the smartphone buyers. We can agree nobody beats BlackBerry for security and communications productivity in organisations. BYOD has forced BlackBerry to support Apple iPhone and the various Google Android smartphones within the BlackBerry Enterprise Service management system. For consumers and those permitted BYOD by their employers, the lack of availability and advertising has been detrimental. Chen could release a new flagship smartphone every week but the perception of the brand persists due to poor or absent advertising and promotion of features. STOP ANNOUNCING NEW FLAGSHIP DEVICES EVERY TWO QUARTERS! Focus, focus, focus.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    I agree, we don't need the best specs, maybe a 4k screen, but before that BlackBerry needs a PR overhaul. I want to see it so much that I get sick of it. Like how you can't go anywhere without seeing Samsung's garbage or advertising

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 06:36 PM
    Advertise what? All the apps you can download through the app store?...

The average consumer is NOT going download snap app to download apks nor search online to download apk files. In fact, they probably don't even know what an apk is.

Consumers want things at their fingertips and apps is not one of them.

Well you may argue my point and say "not all people buy phones for apps". We'll you're wrong then cuz most people want apps. Even if they don't have them or use them, they like to have the comfort of knowing they can download at any moment.

There is nothing to advertise to the average consumer. Unless we agree to have have Google play store accessible in bbry, the enterprise market is the way to go right now.
    03-17-14 06:42 PM
    They should definitely start advertising bb10. Consumers and the market now is different from before. I hope they can show the features and how it's applicable in real life than just showing some businessman in the office. They need more than that to rebuild a brand as they need to re-introduce the BB10

via Q10
    They won't advertise products they've already advertised. Z3 and future devices will have ads though.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-17-14 06:50 PM
    They won't advertise products they've already advertised. Z3 and future devices will have ads though.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    They could very easily advertise the bb10 experience

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-17-14 08:48 PM
    The hardware specifications of the current BlackBerry 10 smartphones is more than sufficient for the various tasks for which they were intended. The issue for BlackBerry, the company and the brand, is simply lack of credibility in the eyes of the smartphone buyers. We can agree nobody beats BlackBerry for security and communications productivity in organisations. BYOD has forced BlackBerry to support Apple iPhone and the various Google Android smartphones within the BlackBerry Enterprise Service management system. For consumers and those permitted BYOD by their employers, the lack of availability and advertising has been detrimental. Chen could release a new flagship smartphone every week but the perception of the brand persists due to poor or absent advertising and promotion of features. STOP ANNOUNCING NEW FLAGSHIP DEVICES EVERY TWO QUARTERS! Focus, focus, focus.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    They have never announced a flagship. The Z30 is a midrange device at best and the Q10 has a teeny tiny screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-17-14 09:02 PM
    The hardware specifications of the current BlackBerry 10 smartphones is more than sufficient for the various tasks for which they were intended.
    New ad campaign - "Blackberry - More Than Sufficient"
    JeepBB and qwerty4ever like this.
    03-17-14 09:10 PM
    I tend to agree with most here. Not sure what they would advertise. A 6 month old device that doesn't sell? Or showing off recent OS improvements (that should have been there at launch) on a year old device.

Retool, reload and restart the marketing with upcoming devices.
    JeepBB and pantlesspenguin like this.
    03-17-14 09:22 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    No I meant the BB10 OS that's what they should advertise more. A way for people to see how it is used and what it's like. Bb10 is underrated. Sad to say but true. It has so many neat features especially every updates

via Q10
    03-17-14 10:37 PM
    No I meant the BB10 OS that's what they should advertise more. A way for people to see how it is used and what it's like. Bb10 is underrated. Sad to say but true. It has so many neat features especially every updates

via Q10
    if they want to advertise the OS they should make a app that takes over iOS, Android or windows devices. And let's you run a mockup BB10 OS. Like a live demo. Except all the functions work.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-17-14 10:41 PM
    They have never announced a flagship. The Z30 is a midrange device at best and the Q10 has a teeny tiny screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    What qualifies as mid range, specs? The iPhone 5s' specs are like low end android phones

03-18-14 02:14 AM
    What qualifies as mid range, specs? The iPhone 5s' specs are like low end android phones

The cpu / gpu isn't low end.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-18-14 09:39 AM

No 1080P, dual core, low ppi count, camera quality, screen size to body size ratio, design, heavy ... all OK if it is priced mid tier as well. Z30 has a top tier battery.
    03-18-14 10:05 AM
    if they want to advertise the OS they should make a app that takes over iOS, Android or windows devices. And let's you run a mockup BB10 OS. Like a live demo. Except all the functions work.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    they did do that if i recall

DailyTech - BlackBerry Offers Up BB10 Demo for iOS, Android Users
    03-18-14 10:53 AM
    That's off the browser. I mean a app that actually feels as if you were using a trial version of BB10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-18-14 01:11 PM
    BlackBerry could advertise BBM Channels. Especially if they want large corporations to come on board.
    03-19-14 10:55 AM
    Blackberry seems to be increasing the advertising in Canada, recently saw a commercial about z30's battery life, speaking how the needed 25 hours of battery life for their business

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 11:00 AM
    Not in the US

Posted via CB10
    daithiD likes this.
    03-19-14 08:47 PM
42 12