So, with all the fanfare and the fuss, the iPhone mad yet another debut. With all the anticipation and the build up, we ended up seeing exactly the same phone which was leaked before. No different than iPhone 4 so to speak. Better screen, better camera, faster connection, faster processor blah blah blah. The usual Apple Reality Distortion. But we all know they will quadruple their profits, make tons of money, and crush anything or anyone that opposes them. So the Death Star has been destroyed and we are flying without control in space in our wounded Tie fighter. Time to go back to the Executor and re-establish the Empire. Because its time to strike back!!!

RIM may not be able to compete with Apple but at least it has a stronger fan base than Apple's. We criticize BB's when we can and try to make it faster. While Apple Fanboys go around attacking non-iphone people, our community leaders, such as Kevin, go to Waterloo to actually contribute in the design process of RIM and give them valuable suggestions. (So I guess CB Kevin is Darth Vader :P )

Anyways: with Blackberry 10 Alpha being tested vigorously in the hands of developers, details of new devices coming up its time for RIM to turn up the heat. We want the devices in as soon as possible. I own a P'9981 and no iPhone can outclass it but I want new BB10 devices to show off to those iPhone fanboys. Yes. The rebels enjoyed the break too much. Its time for the RIMpire to strike back!!!!
    Viktor_Volkov and bb624 like this.
    09-13-12 05:54 AM
    Lol nice

I'm with you!

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-13-12 06:10 AM
    Great Stuff! Agree on the P'9981! Would hold that over a BB10!!
    09-13-12 06:32 AM
    Indeed the iPhone 5 looks like the older ones but part of that is iOS.
    The home screen has remained stubbornly the same for ages now.
    That said, lets face it is a formidable device/OS/ecosystem combo. The penetration of iOS is unbeatable and yes sales records will be tumbling pretty soon.
    Now for the RIMpire to strike back, they better get one and look at it closely. Anywhere their upcoming devices are lagging too much they need to re-think. Of note here is the feel/finish/look of an accepted premium device. I am not saying get one and copy it but compete aggressively. Three months is, at pinch, enough time to tweak a design and OS.
    09-13-12 06:37 AM
    Is it just me who finds all those victory dances odd? People are doing it as well over at WPcentral (and I plan to get a nokia 920 or a BB10 myself not an iphone) The time for smacktalk is when you've actually launched and sold the product - before then it's just hot-air.

What's the phrase?

"If you come at the King, make sure you don't miss".
    Last edited by cgk; 09-13-12 at 06:46 AM.
    09-13-12 06:42 AM
    He's talking about RIM launching and selling the product..

Atleast we know RIMs already scored in a few places..

1. Unified inbox - iOS has no change in Messages (definitely needed).
    2. Time-lapse camera - This vs. Panoramic native on iOS which be better but I prefer Time-lapse
    3. Higher Res screen display and actual 720p.
    4. Real Multi-tasking

Not getting into BBM, Native RIM apps and many of the OS7 features carried over like sharing and super apps.
    09-13-12 06:47 AM
    Both BB10 and WP7/8 have a LONG way to go to put any sort of real dent into either Android or iOS. The L and N series devices (and the Lumia 920) will be able to compete spec wise with the iPhone 5 and the latest Android devices. The issue boils down to software. Will it be polished enough, will it be different enough, to entice people away from those other platforms?
    09-13-12 06:59 AM
    6 generations of phones vs. 1? In about 2 years it's going to be a really different market.. Apple's empty now.. They are just stuck in fine-producing their brilliant devices. Diamond cutters to produce mobile phones? That's comic.

In a way it's good RIM has gone down.. MS failed.. It's given them new direction. Apple fooled everyone once.. It's not happening again.

Obviously people realize that Apple is not the one innovating and if these other companies go broke.. Apple is all they will have left..

Edit... and all this I mean for software. QNX is well amazing and Windows 8 I have no words!
    Last edited by banned-aid; 09-13-12 at 07:09 AM.
    09-13-12 07:03 AM
    Is it just me who finds all those victory dances odd? People are doing it as well over at WPcentral (and I plan to get a nokia 920 or a BB10 myself not an iphone) The time for smacktalk is when you've actually launched and sold the product - before then it's just hot-air.

What's the phrase?

"If you come at the King, make sure you don't miss".
    But you must admit these threads make for hilarious readings.
    Blacklatino and aniym like this.
    09-13-12 07:17 AM
    People are locked into the Apple Ecosystem and THAT is what is a huge issue for anyone trying to get people away from iOS. They have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on applications, and its a hard pill to swallow to purchase those again (even a small percentage). It adds to the total cost of a new phone service. People will stay on even a mediocre platform if the applications they use and have purchased are available. They may think about moving, but to actually do it is something new entirely.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-13-12 07:18 AM
    So, with all the fanfare and the fuss, the iPhone mad yet another debut. With all the anticipation and the build up, we ended up seeing exactly the same phone which was leaked before. No different than iPhone 4 so to speak. Better screen, better camera, faster connection, faster processor blah blah blah. The usual Apple Reality Distortion. But we all know they will quadruple their profits, make tons of money, and crush anything or anyone that opposes them. So the Death Star has been destroyed and we are flying without control in space in our wounded Tie fighter. Time to go back to the Executor and re-establish the Empire. Because its time to strike back!!!

RIM may not be able to compete with Apple but at least it has a stronger fan base than Apple's. We criticize BB's when we can and try to make it faster. While Apple Fanboys go around attacking non-iphone people, our community leaders, such as Kevin, go to Waterloo to actually contribute in the design process of RIM and give them valuable suggestions. (So I guess CB Kevin is Darth Vader :P )

Anyways: with Blackberry 10 Alpha being tested vigorously in the hands of developers, details of new devices coming up its time for RIM to turn up the heat. We want the devices in as soon as possible. I own a P'9981 and no iPhone can outclass it but I want new BB10 devices to show off to those iPhone fanboys. Yes. The rebels enjoyed the break too much. Its time for the RIMpire to strike back!!!!

You want to talk about reality distortion? You think RIMM's fan base is strong than Apple's? Have you seen the sales for the pb/os6/os7 devices? Rimm would have a hard time selling their soul to the devil at this point in time....With that being said, I can't wait to see what BB10 brings to the table.

Michael Jackson is the Illest....using Tapatalk
    esk369 and Blacklatino like this.
    09-13-12 07:21 AM
    Better screen, better camera, faster connection, faster processor blah blah blah.
    That's the key, right there.... It worked for the 9900 after all
    Alex_Hong and Blacklatino like this.
    09-13-12 07:22 AM
    I agree that it's WAY too early for the victory danses we've been seeing in the form of some comments, but (and it's not that huge of a "but" after yesterday) I have to believe that Apple fumbled (even if it's only slightly) the ball yesterday.

Of course the iPhone 5 will sell loads, but you have to believe that it won't be merited.

Before yesterday's announcement, I'd heard a few people (frankly, not many) express interest in what the new iPhone would bring. Since yesterday, I've not heard a single person express a desire to have the iPhone 5.

I'm not saying it won't sell, but I truely believe that people are starting to [I hate the ads that BB ran in Australia, but it's quite a useful phrase here, wake-up] realise that Apple are not being creative, that they are being patent bullies, and that the competition is producing (and will be releasing) better technology.

Will I be purchasing an iPhone5: no.
    Is the iPhone5 a "best in show" phone: no, that prize is currently held by the SGSIII
    Is Nokia going to start making in-roads: don't know, but I hope so.
    Has BlackBerry10 really got a chance: OH H3LL YEAH !!!

Si.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    09-13-12 07:32 AM

Of course the iPhone 5 will sell loads, but you have to believe that it won't be merited.
    What do you mean by this?
    09-13-12 07:35 AM
    People are locked into the Apple Ecosystem and THAT is what is a huge issue for anyone trying to get people away from iOS. They have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on applications, and its a hard pill to swallow to purchase those again (even a small percentage). It adds to the total cost of a new phone service. People will stay on even a mediocre platform if the applications they use and have purchased are available. They may think about moving, but to actually do it is something new entirely.
    With the upgrading of Apple accessories to work with the new phones, maybe some people will decide to go elsewhere.
    That has to be hundreds of dollars there.
    09-13-12 07:48 AM
    At least they have a product to sell.

Revolutionary? No
    Will sell like hotcakes? Yes
    09-13-12 07:51 AM
    I read an article from India where the author says that Apple is going to be like RIM in two years because their OS is becoming dated.
    With the upgrading of Apple accessories to work with the new phones, maybe some people will decide to go elsewhere.
    That has to be hundreds of dollars there.

Very possible, but I am sure there will be some kind of adapter made as well, which will make many things work. Remember, most manufacturers went through this before, going from miniUSB to microUSB a couple of years back.
    He's talking about RIM launching and selling the product..

Atleast we know RIMs already scored in a few places..

1. Unified inbox - iOS has no change in Messages (definitely needed).
    2. Time-lapse camera - This vs. Panoramic native on iOS which be better but I prefer Time-lapse
    3. Higher Res screen display and actual 720p.
    4. Real Multi-tasking

Not getting into BBM, Native RIM apps and many of the OS7 features carried over like sharing and super apps.
    And which of those features are going to make people break their contracts to buy? Or stop the next Android sale.

When was the last time you heard a consumer walk into Verizon and say "I would like to purchase this device because I demand a Unified inbox!"
    fabfreddie and aniym like this.
    09-13-12 07:57 AM
    RIM may not be able to compete with Apple but at least it has a stronger fan base than Apple's. We criticize BB's when we can and try to make it faster. While Apple Fanboys go around attacking non-iphone people, our community leaders, such as Kevin, go to Waterloo to actually contribute in the design process of RIM and give them valuable suggestions.
    What has CrackBerry Kevin contributed to the design process for BlackBerry 10? What valuable suggestions has the Oracle of the Berry communicated to the "la-la-la - I can't hear you" management team? Inquiring mind want to know. Seriously, some of us would appreciate the enlightenment. There is no excitement around the BlackBerry brand. People are not eagerly awaiting the arrival of BlackBerry 10 and standing in the frigid cold of another Canadian winter to lay down their money. if they cannot even put BlackBerry 10 on the BlackBerry PlayBook in a state ready for public release by now you are left wondering what they have been doing for 2 years.
    anon(832122) and Blacklatino like this.
    09-13-12 08:32 AM
    When Cook stated yesterday that "average iphone users where holding 100 apps" (approx. quote) you should have seen the cnet crew that was podcasting live on the event. They were 5, let's have a simple drawing : (one is a lady, I draw her in pink, but please replace by any previous smiley). Don't need to draw my face, I believe
    09-13-12 08:39 AM
    "The average customer is now using more than 100 apps". I must be below average.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-13-12 08:42 AM
    When Cook stated yesterday that "average iphone users where holding 100 apps" (approx. quote) you should have seen the cnet crew that was podcasting live on the event.
    It would be a rather simple task for Apple to have queried the Apple iStore / iTunes database(s) to determine an average. Are you saying Monseigneur Cook lied? If indeed his number was fabricated it is not as though he is the first CEO to lie. Cue Mike and Jim and Thorsten as exhibits one and two and three, respectively.
    Blacklatino and anon(832122) like this.
    09-13-12 08:48 AM
    And which of those features are going to make people break their contracts to buy? Or stop the next Android sale.

When was the last time you heard a consumer walk into Verizon and say "I would like to purchase this device because I demand a Unified inbox!"
    You know Joe Blow off the street asks for kernelized RTS before purchasing devices.
    Blacklatino and aniym like this.
    09-13-12 08:49 AM

Very poor argument. Is there a customer who demands thinner display?

Why is that someone has to switch in order to buy a BB10? You can stick with your iOS, Android or Win8. There are many new customers who want a smartphone..

What has CrackBerry Kevin contributed to the design process for BlackBerry 10? What valuable suggestions has the Oracle of the Berry communicated to the "la-la-la - I can't hear you" management team? Inquiring mind want to know. Seriously, some of us would appreciate the enlightenment. There is no excitement around the BlackBerry brand. People are not eagerly awaiting the arrival of BlackBerry 10 and standing in the frigid cold of another Canadian winter to lay down their money. if they cannot even put BlackBerry 10 on the BlackBerry PlayBook in a state ready for public release by now you are left wondering what they have been doing for 2 years.
    Blackberry has Beta & Feedback programs which are running rather successfully. Shows that there is a community. Complaints or suggestions, regardless.

People are actually waiting for BlackBerry 10. Specially those who have iPhone 4. They are waiting for a choice, then they can decide.

Regarding PlayBook and OS10.. You are not well informed.
    09-13-12 08:49 AM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD