definitely need someone who will market more aggressively

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    06-30-13 06:14 PM
    Thor has exceeded everyone's expectations and won an award for CEO of the year for the amazing accomplishments to date. It is time for Crackberry to crack down on the armchair CEO's, trolls and whinners and complainers who are now so numerous that I might have to leave this site for some time........
    06-30-13 06:22 PM
    There is no disputing, Thor has turned things around. Definitely stopped the bleeding. Yes, some mistakes along the way, but wow, things are better. My only real problem is that he wanted to change the publics perception of BlackBerry and for the most part, that has not happened. I've said this about 6 times today, If BlackBerry does not have effective marketing, just pack it in. I know they have tried, but it hasn't worked. You can have the best product, but if nobody knows or gets excited about it , why bother? This is the one remaining same old problem BlackBerry has hanging over them. NO BUZZ. If Thor does not turn this aspect around this quarter, then yes...good-bye. I for one, have faith he will.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 06:34 PM
    This thread is stupid. If only you guys used this same attitude towards the current president of the US maybe we could make some progress. Thor has turned things around, BlackBerry is slowly making profit, let things simmer for a while before making such hasty decisions.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    bradu1 and Jerale Hoard like this.
    06-30-13 06:42 PM
    This thread is stupid. If only you guys used this same attitude towards the current president of the US maybe we could make some progress. Thor has turned things around, BlackBerry is slowly making profit, let things simmer for a while before making such hasty decisions.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    ?

Let me remind you that last Q's profit was primarily due to aggressive cost-cutting rather than robust performance.
    06-30-13 06:48 PM
    Thor has exceeded everyone's expectations and won an award for CEO of the year for the amazing accomplishments to date. It is time for Crackberry to crack down on the armchair CEO's, trolls and whinners and complainers who are now so numerous that I might have to leave this site for some time........
    Yep. TH deserves the award for the following:
    - Lying, not telling the truth
    - Being as vague as possible
    - Making fun of other platforms
    - Overpromising and underdelivering
    - Not keeping his word
    - Mismanaging expectations and possibly manipulating the market.
    06-30-13 06:51 PM
    ?

Let me remind you that last Q's profit was primarily due to aggressive cost-cutting rather than robust performance.
    Yes they made some cuts, and allocated funds elsewhere. It's profit nonetheless, it's a start.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-30-13 06:51 PM
    Yes they made some cuts, and allocated funds elsewhere. It's profit nonetheless, it's a start.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    You probably missed the 6/28 earnings call.
    06-30-13 06:53 PM
    You probably missed the 6/28 earnings call.
    What they sold wasn't up to expectations, but Again its miles ahead of where they where a few months ago.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    bradu1 likes this.
    06-30-13 06:55 PM
    What they sold wasn't up to expectations, but Again its miles ahead of where they where a few months ago.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    A few months ago they were still #3 with a larger subscriber base and more phones shipped even with an outdated OS.

But again, my comment was in response to "making profit"
    06-30-13 07:01 PM
    A few months ago they were still #3 with a larger subscriber base and more phones shipped even with an outdated OS.

But again, my comment was in response to "making profit"
    A few months ago they almost went bankrupt.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-30-13 07:04 PM
    A few months ago they almost went bankrupt.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    When did that happen? And how is today any different?
    06-30-13 07:05 PM
    When did that happen? And how is today any different?
    You should research last year's news. They are releasing new products and a new OS, it'll take time and hopefully better marketing to be able to see a difference.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-30-13 07:09 PM
    You should research last year's news. They are releasing new products and a new OS, it'll take time and hopefully better marketing to be able to see a difference.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    So no answer to my questions? Well, I thought so.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-30-13 07:10 PM
    And I think back to the smarmy grin he had all the way through Crackberry's interview in NYC. He probably knew then.
    Yeah. Now, it's more like how many knew and went along with it.
    06-30-13 07:11 PM
    So no answer to my questions? Well, I thought so.
    I don't need to tell you what has been said last year, I'm sure you read all the news on BlackBerrys downfall. It's there for you to go back and read. All im saying is BlackBerry has a decent chance.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-30-13 07:13 PM
    I don't need to tell you what has been said last year, I'm sure you read all the news on BlackBerrys downfall. It's there for you to go back and read. All im saying is BlackBerry has a decent chance.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    Oh, I know what has been happening to BBRY. But I wanted you to tell me, because you made the claim.

Now, the most important question - How is today any different from where BBRY was a few months ago?
    06-30-13 07:16 PM
    To be honest, TH got this job by luck, when Mike and Jim were fighting each other. Hardware of both Z10 and Q10 were in late developing stage when they were in control. Software caused the delay. They were not TH's work. I don't care if BB10 is coming to PB or not. PB is almost 3 years old now. I replace my laptop every 3-4 years. Why do I expect PB working longer than that? It is interesting to see the next flagship product, maybe A10. Look forward to it. If A10's sale is still mediocre, TH is done. He knows it. If A10 is good, reserve 2 for me.
    06-30-13 07:26 PM
    Oh, I know what has been happening to BBRY. But I wanted you to tell me, because you made the claim.

Now, the most important question - How is today any different from where BBRY was a few months ago?
    If it wasn't for bb10 there would be no BlackBerry right now, put it that way.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-30-13 07:37 PM
    Thor: CEO or Con Artist?
    wow,,, things are gettin' pretty crazy when they ban a good guy like belfast...
    06-30-13 08:04 PM
    I have generally been a Thor fan, however I was just thinking about the last five to six years and wonder if it may be time for him to go. Was he not pretty high up through the Storm and Tour fiasco?
    06-30-13 08:09 PM
    wow,,, things are gettin' pretty crazy when they ban a good guy like belfast...
    I guess he did something he shouldn't have.
    06-30-13 08:27 PM
    This seems a bit pre-mature...considering all the products he intended to sell have yet to be released. I'm thinking it's going to take a couple of years to truly gauge his performance.
    The issue is does BB have two more years? To me he is the rebound CEO after Jim and Mike. Time to vacate the seat for someone with a better vision.
    06-30-13 08:47 PM
    Thor is intelligent and sincere but may not be the right man for the job. They need someone who is willing to take some risks and shake things up.

Posted via CB10
    Sincere?
    He lied about sales by twisting words to give the impression that sales were good "Z10 sales in the UK were better than any other product launch" , what is supposed to mean? if they sold 10 BB7 devices and the Z10 sold 11 is that so incredible? It is like saying, this bag of cereal has 50% less sugar than that one...still means nothing because they never tell you how much sugar was in them to begin with. BB always omit to give numbers so all those claims were/are bogus.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-30-13 08:51 PM
    ?

At the end of the day, all that matters is the bottom line of the P&L. Do you know how many companies in this economy are currently making their plan numbers by cutting costs. Is there anyone with any financial responsibility in their positions that haven't been told to try to keep costs down over the last couple years? Because that's what I hear non stop. I'm in a completely unrelated industry, and sales are down, same for my competition, and cutting costs is the order of the day for all of us. Sales are down from projection, the absolute first thing you do us cut costs. He did. And resulting profit is less valuable because of that? That's just....stupid, for lack of a better word.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 09:04 PM
103 ... 2345