I agree but when Chen came on board his job was to stop chasing public opinion and get the financials in order (He made the classic just to please some old biz folk). The three year turnaround is coming to fruition and Chen was quoted in an interview recently ( I gotta see if I can find it) that the really innovative stuff is yet to come. The 2 or 3 phones he's releasing this year is to get back into enterprise with an end to end offering. No carrier support, no problem. He's going direct for the next year until they start making serious money again and then he'll choose which path to take. I really believe they have multiple innovative business plans in place with respect to end to end product offerings and the whole thing presently just feels like a huge public beta test.
    Just a difference in opinion.... I think these last couple of devices (if they come) are a last ditch effort to stay in the hardware business and to keep a portion of their EMM business that will probably leave without an end-to-end solution. Sorry but Chen says "I would like to", "maybe", "if possible" way too much for me to belive there is some innovative stuff yet to come.

And for US enterprise market... no carrier support could very well be a problem. I don't know about really large contracts, but with smaller companies only ordering a few hundred phones, carriers do still subsidize phones. And for use exchanging a bad phone is not an issue at all with Verizon, just call our account rep and most the time he brings it to us. Not sure how easy it would be going directly to BlackBerry for support.
    07-06-16 01:17 PM
    I think there will be ample carrier support and sales potential for the two upcoming VKB devices. BlackBerry is finally making devises that will appeal to the broad market, and we know that BB has learned its' lesson regarding pricing. I think these all touch high-end and mid-range devises will sit next to all of the other typical androids out there. They will be close to vanilla android with a few BB tweaks aimed at productivity and security, and BB is developing a very good reputation for timely security updates. There's no reason why these devises shouldn't grab a small slice of the very large android pie, and even a small slice is enough to make hardware profitable now that Chen has made the hardware business so light and efficient.
    07-06-16 01:31 PM
    jesus, if it's true, it ight be that I will spend my next bucks on Mercury.

because of keyboard. Otherwise - Xiaomi, for 100$ is all you want from android
    07-06-16 06:18 PM
    Is there any pictures of these phones anywhere? thanks
    07-06-16 11:11 PM
    Is there any pictures of these phones anywhere? thanks
    No, because they're not even confirmed to exist.

There are ample guesses and renders, though.
    07-07-16 02:43 AM
    So, i have a question for you all: Do you have a concern when considering the purchase of a BB Android phone about how quickly BB will adapt Android software upgrades to their phones? Since there are so many hardware alternatives available, isn't the speed of software upgrades a possible issue. It is one of the attractions of Nexus phones compared to other Android based phones, no?
    07-08-16 06:30 AM
    Hmmm very interestingly.....was going to get a priv.....but the Mercury seems very interesting....ill wait for that phone instead.....I love pkb
    07-08-16 06:35 AM
    Hmmm very interestingly.....was going to get a priv.....but the Mercury seems very interesting....ill wait for that phone instead.....I love pkb
    Most the rumors indicate the Mercury won't be here until 2017.... That does seem very strange considering the Classic is out of production and has been EOL. But then I think it's strange how little evidence there is these new phones are even coming. Think Chen should have been fully behind these new phones... befroe Verizon and AT&T started telling customers that BB10 was EOL.

Personally I'd go ahead and get the PRIV now.... if you want a PKB.
    07-08-16 07:36 AM
    So, i have a question for you all: Do you have a concern when considering the purchase of a BB Android phone about how quickly BB will adapt Android software upgrades to their phones? Since there are so many hardware alternatives available, isn't the speed of software upgrades a possible issue. It is one of the attractions of Nexus phones compared to other Android based phones, no?
    It is definitely something to consider. BlackBerry has demonstrated a real commitment to timely monthly security updates. I'm pretty sure they are the fastest at this. Regarding major updates, BB obviously won't be as fast as nexus, but a BB smartphone purchased directly from BlackBerry won't have to deal with the whole carrier approval process for updates, and that helps with the speed. Also, android on BlackBerry is very close to vanilla, so there is a better chance updates will come in a reasonable time.

What it comes down to is whether the BlackBerry tweaks to android are worth more than the immediate updates you get on nexus. For me, it is worth it. I love the hub, and BB's VKB.
    07-08-16 07:52 AM
    It is definitely something to consider. BlackBerry has demonstrated a real commitment to timely monthly security updates. I'm pretty sure they are the fastest at this. Regarding major updates, BB obviously won't be as fast as nexus, but a BB smartphone purchased directly from BlackBerry won't have to deal with the whole carrier approval process for updates, and that helps with the speed. Also, android on BlackBerry is very close to vanilla, so there is a better chance updates will come in a reasonable time.

What it comes down to is whether the BlackBerry tweaks to android are worth more than the immediate updates you get on nexus. For me, it is worth it. I love the hub, and BB's VKB.
    Can you purchase BB models directly from BB if you are a Verizon customer. I hate waiting on Verizon's rollout of software.
    07-08-16 07:59 AM
    Can you purchase BB models directly from BB if you are a Verizon customer. I hate waiting on Verizon's rollout of software.
    Currently no... as BlackBerry doesn't sell CDMA devices. We will see in the future if BlackBerry does make true universal phones like Google did with the Nexus line. Or maybe there won't be a need for CDMA capable phones... some were using GSM PRIV's on Verizon with just LTE.

Sadly the Alcatel Idol 4 is not a universal phone.. think BlackBerry will still have to have custom version made to meet their Global needs - IF the Alcatel rumors are even true.
    07-08-16 08:21 AM
    Currently no... as BlackBerry doesn't sell CDMA devices. We will see in the future if BlackBerry does make true universal phones like Google did with the Nexus line. Or maybe there won't be a need for CDMA capable phones... some were using GSM PRIV's on Verizon with just LTE.

Sadly the Alcatel Idol 4 is not a universal phone.. think BlackBerry will still have to have custom version made to meet their Global needs - IF the Alcatel rumors are even true.
    It irritates me knowing that people with phones that use the same operating system as mine, have or receive more current software than my phone. That is just a personal "pet peeve". But, it is one of the major factors in my phone purchasing decisions.
    07-09-16 06:27 AM
    I'm just worried about the heating issue really, I use my phone a lot and if it's going to be literally burning a hole in my pocket then I'll stick with the phone I have now.
    07-09-16 07:27 AM
    I'm sure by the time hear new phones come out the heating issue would have been fixed
    07-09-16 07:28 AM
    My Z10 has the software release of 10. 3. 2. 2474 is this the latest out there or is my carrier not releasing the new ones
    07-09-16 07:55 AM
    People should look up what the 3:2 aspect ratio means. IPhone has it. So no passport or classic form factor. Renders are correct. Just a reminder.
    That sucks... No bb for me.... It will be super narrow in comparison to the passport .... No excels or books.... Work wide is finished .... What a pity....
    07-09-16 09:40 PM
    That sucks... No bb for me.... It will be super narrow in comparison to the passport .... No excels or books.... Work wide is finished .... What a pity....
    Landscape mode?
    07-10-16 03:40 AM
    I really hope they priced it competitively, just it.
    07-10-16 05:28 AM
    I hope that's legit. I still would love to see BlackBerry as I grow old.
    07-10-16 06:21 AM
    I hope to take the right decision and make a new passport 2 as wide as the passport 1.

Ok android is not working on 1:1 screens correctly but who cares ? They can use a 3:2 screen with same width but with longer height. That would be fantastic. Work wide would me far better and could do also media consumption ...
    07-10-16 07:54 AM
    It's android, not BB10
    07-11-16 01:36 AM
71 123