The moderator of the Howard forums seems to have been correct with his insider info. This new article gives info on all of the new phones including specs. BlackBerry is working on 3 new Android phones, codenamed Neon, Argon, and Mercury | VentureBeat | Mobile | by Evan Blass Sounds like the Mercury won't be out until after Christmas and that is my choice.
    yasmin_m likes this.
    06-30-16 08:06 PM
    Seems odd that they would release the keyboard device last.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 08:10 PM
    Considering that the last two phones they've released have had keyboards, it's not surprising that they release new all touch devices first, especially the Argon. I've been waiting for them to release this phone for almost three years, and know there's a lot like me out there. No keyboard for me, and I prefer BlackBerry's take on Android, so it's time to move on from my trusty Z30 as my daily driver.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Gayle Lynn, luc4625 and JeromeM like this.
    07-01-16 12:08 AM
    I guess the other 2 are pkb devices.
    07-01-16 04:52 AM
    From what I've read the first two are vkb and the last (mercury) is the pkb that will be released March 2017.
    07-01-16 05:18 AM
    I hope the Argon comes in October as that article hypothesizes it will. I love my Z30, but it is starting to show signs of old age. Also, today when I opened whatsapp I got a notification that it would no longer work after years' end. Need a VKB BB before that time comes.
    07-01-16 01:03 PM
    Let's hope this is true about the Argon release being in October. The thing that always hurts BlackBerry is the delays and by the time of release everyone has something with better specs.
    Price this one right and I will take this over my waiting for the next nexus Google phone or the HTC ten I've been checking out at Verizon and liking!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 08:42 PM
    07-01-16 09:05 PM
    Considering that the last two phones they've released have had keyboards, it's not surprising that they release new all touch devices first, especially the Argon. I've been waiting for them to release this phone for almost three years, and know there's a lot like me out there. No keyboard for me, and I prefer BlackBerry's take on Android, so it's time to move on from my trusty Z30 as my daily driver.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Bla1ze says his sources tell him Argon actually has a PKB...
    07-01-16 10:51 PM
    I haven't read that or seen that anyplace in everything I've seen on it so far and I've seen a lot online about it too

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 12:26 AM
    Wouldn't make sense for another high end device released in such a short time span after the release of the priv to have another physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 12:28 AM
    Some of the online things I've read about Argon state that with all of the improved typing experiences with different apps and such and speech recognition that most people do not desire physical keyboards.

I know it's been stated in the past by Chen himself that most of the phones will have physical keyboards, its sink or swim time now and they need to do whatever is necessary to move more phones.

Diehard fans may want the pkb but that's not enough to attract new buyers. Overkill in any situation is never a good thing

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 12:35 AM
    I sure hope not! BlackBerry does not need another high-end PKB device. I'm planning on waiting to buy a new phone for when BlackBerry delivers the high-end VKB, but if i find out there isn't one coming I will buy from another brand that day.
    Last edited by JJStripes; 07-02-16 at 06:31 AM.
    heepman and CranksterBB10 like this.
    07-02-16 01:01 AM
    I'm right along with you on that!

Posted via CB10
    heepman likes this.
    07-02-16 01:10 AM
    Not to mention how insanely ridiculous a phone of the size of the Argon would look with a physical keyboard weather it's a slider or not

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 01:12 AM
    Not to mention how insanely ridiculous a phone of the size of the Argon would look with a physical keyboard weather it's a slider or not

Posted via CB10
    You know what they say about the Passport when it first came out, and look at the diehards that swear by it.

But then rumours are rumours.
    07-02-16 06:14 AM
    Curious what people with threads " BlackBerry hardware division is dead" are going to say about it

Posted via Priv
    07-02-16 07:05 AM
    Curious what people with threads " BlackBerry hardware division is dead" are going to say about it

Posted via Priv
    IMO it's "dead" as in it can't pull the margins the board of directors are expecting, and what Chen mentioned about "rethinking what to do when it's not profitable".

And never say never. HP announced three webOS devices, even held a big event for it, and without warning it just decided to scrap and kill it all. Besides we haven't made it pass the rumour phase yet for those 3 phones.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-02-16 07:15 AM
    This article implies two phones to be released in October. BlackBerry 'Neon,' 'Mercury,' And 'Argon' News And Rumors | Digital Trends
    The Digital Trends article is based mainly on the Venture Beats article which say the Mercury PKB model is expected in Q1 which is consistent with earlier reports and what John Chen has said.

The author also say that the Mercury is similar to the Passport, but all of the renders to date show it with a full four row keyboard making it closer in form to the Classic, but with a 3:2 rectangular screen ratio instead of the Classic's square 1:1 screen.
    07-02-16 11:04 AM
    Really hope the high end vkb holds true for october. Release dates seem to get pushed back regularly, and im in need of an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 12:49 PM
    Really hope the high end vkb holds true for october. Release dates seem to get pushed back regularly, and im in need of an upgrade.

Posted via CB10

I couldn't agree more! I feel like BlackBerry could actually sell a lot of them too.
    07-02-16 01:33 PM
    Bla1ze says his sources tell him Argon actually has a PKB...
    That's not exactly what I said. I said there was conflicting reports. I've had people tell me both ways on more than one occasion at this point.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12489546

Wouldn't make sense for another high end device released in such a short time span after the release of the priv to have another physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Uh, it doesn't make sense at all to release a high end device after basically telling people Priv was too high priced and the market is saturated as John Chen did lol. His deals with Alcatel must be pretty killer if he plans on not repeating that mistake.
    07-02-16 01:34 PM
    That's not exactly what I said. I said there was conflicting reports. I've had people tell me both ways on more than one occasion at this point.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12489546
    Well considering all the conflicting, confusing sources, let's just assume source A says it's PKB, source B says it's touch... let's not figure out who's who. Bottomline nobody knows except for the few within BlackBerry. :P
    07-02-16 02:32 PM
    After all, one thing is sure and stated by John Chen: at least 2 phones one full touch and one with keyboard. If the leaked images of Mercury are true then is going to be unique on the market and it will trigger a lot of attention. Spec wise and good dimensions will be the key factor in his success. Physical keyboard is needed on the market.
    07-02-16 05:07 PM
    After all, one thing is sure and stated by John Chen: at least 2 phones one full touch and one with keyboard. If the leaked images of Mercury are true then is going to be unique on the market and it will trigger a lot of attention. Spec wise and good dimensions will be the key factor in his success. Physical keyboard is needed on the market.
    He did say 2 phones, but I don't think he mentioned anything about keyboards.

And as much as I'm enthusiastic about keyboards too... the Priv was also unique on the market but it certainly didn't trigger "a lot of attention". Maybe some tabloid blogs trashing it and "putting BlackBerry on death watch", just maybe.
    07-02-16 06:47 PM
71 123