Anything can happen. Look at Apple, they forced Steve Jobs out, twelve years later he was back in control of a sinking ship and the rest they say is history.

Posted via CB10
    Apple was doing well when the board ousted Jobs. The BlackBerry founders left because BlackBerry was failing.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Eumaeus likes this.
    03-18-16 12:42 PM
    NO

03-18-16 12:43 PM
    Why, why, why? The past cannot be changed. John Chen is executing the agreed plan. Let's see how this current plan plays out.

We need more Spocks, not Dr. McCoys. "He's dead Jim" doesn't apply yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 12:50 PM
    Bring back Mike, Jim, Heins to join Chen to form CEO Standing Committee for BlackBerry Future and Prosperity (CSCBBFP) and then we'll see a truly groundbreaking BB10 device soon. CB forum never ceases to entertain LOL.
    Plazmic Flame and JeepBB like this.
    03-18-16 01:43 PM
    I hope you are joking. So they can totally run it into the ground.

# love my bb10
    They already did that. BB as a device maker is dead!!!!
    03-18-16 02:11 PM
    I say lets make thurask the new ceo,
    zephyr613 likes this.
    03-18-16 02:21 PM
    Lazarus and Slim Jim can stay right where they are... Lets keep the BlackBerry train chugging along!
    03-18-16 02:31 PM
    Bring back Mike, Jim, Heins to join Chen to form CEO Standing Committee for BlackBerry Future and Prosperity (CSCBBFP) and then we'll see a truly groundbreaking BB10 device soon. CB forum never ceases to entertain LOL.
    LOLLL!
    03-18-16 02:32 PM
    Why, why, why? The past cannot be changed. John Chen is executing the agreed plan. Let's see how this current plan plays out.

We need more Spocks, not Dr. McCoys. "He's dead Jim" doesn't apply yet.

Posted via CB10
    Plan play out? Do you think that BBM not catching on, IoT not being a BlackBerry thing, BES12 flopping, and having to scramble to buy GOOD was THE PLAN. I don't know how things will end up for BlackBerry the company, but I do think that Chen is fluid enough to know when the plan ain't working.

MIKE and JIM had a plan that didn't include Apple or Google, but they still didn't adjust when their plans went up in flames.

And the hardware business... not even Bones could save it.
    03-18-16 02:39 PM
    Plan play out? Do you think that BBM not catching on, IoT not being a BlackBerry thing, BES12 flopping, and having to scramble to buy GOOD was THE PLAN. I don't know how things will end up for BlackBerry the company, but I do think that Chen is fluid enough to know when the plan ain't working.

MIKE and JIM had a plan that didn't include Apple or Google, but they still didn't adjust when their plans went up in flames.

The current plan is making android devices.
    03-18-16 02:44 PM
    Steve Ballmer for CEO of BlackBerry!

What could go wrong!
    03-18-16 03:06 PM
    Bringing back Mike and Jim is like getting back together with your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend; there's a reason you broke up in the first place.
    app_Developer and web99 like this.
    03-18-16 03:09 PM
    Bringing back Mike and Jim is like getting back together with your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend; there's a reason you broke up in the first place.
    Ya but I can't remember why,
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-18-16 03:11 PM
    Mike and Jim is why BlackBerry is in the mess it's currently in and why BlackBerry shareholders lost almost $70 billion as the company's market capitalization dropped from $83 billion to $13.6 billion, the biggest decline among communications-equipment providers.
    eshropshire and web99 like this.
    03-18-16 03:17 PM
    Chen is good, he has a vision and will make it happen. Turning around the mess that blackberry was 2 years ago was and is a big challenge and he already has made a big difference.
    03-18-16 03:18 PM
    Carly Fiorina for CEO of BlackBerry?
    Sorry, but Marissa Mayer already has an interview scheduled.
    03-18-16 03:59 PM
    Mike and Jim is why BlackBerry is in the mess it's currently in and why BlackBerry shareholders lost almost $70 billion as the company's market capitalization dropped from $83 billion to $13.6 billion, the biggest decline among communications-equipment providers.
    A lot of folks are quick to forget that point in time and they could have changed the outcome when they had the capital and resources to make it happen, the rest is water under the bridge.
    Last edited by bakron1; 03-18-16 at 04:57 PM.
    DrBoomBotz, JeepBB and web99 like this.
    03-18-16 04:34 PM
    the same jim that was hell bent on bringing an NHL team to hamilton(and failed miserably) instead of focusing on the company he built?
    03-18-16 04:57 PM

I actually think that we're on the same page. I agree that the plan isn't working. I agree that John Chen KNOWS that the initial plan didn't work. The only hope for the remaining CrackHeads is that BlackBerry can struggle on long enough to become profitable.

Even so, there is a high probability that the CrackHeads, of whom I include myself, will be severely disappointed.

But look at the hardware events that have transpired: the Q5 and Z3 seemed to be introduced in response to the complaint that BlackBerries were too expensive, the Classic was introduced to capture the OS7 people who found the missing toolbelt and trackpad a step too far, the Amazon App Store was a response to the 'app gap', the Passport was introduced to present a new "exciting" form factor, and the Priv is a full-on elimination of the app gap.

All of these steps were logical. All answered the real complaints of users. Everyone sees that none were remarkably successful. If there is a hardware visionary available, she doesn't work at Blackberry. I don't blame John Chen for this. Hardware is not developed successfully overnight.

John Chen's background is in the software system side of the business. To me and most CrackHeads the view from here is obscured. I cannot predict how well that end of the business is progressing.

I'll be watching in April to see whether my fog lifts.
    app_Developer and ediggity like this.
    03-18-16 05:03 PM
    Between the posts for bringing back Mike and Jim and people wanting to bring back BBOS, I think people need to really stop grasping for straws, stay away from drugs, and just realise it isn't 2005 anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 07:06 PM
    Can you imagine the ruckus when Apple starts to fall. Lmfao
    03-18-16 07:10 PM
    Carly Fiorina for CEO of BlackBerry?
    Or Marissa Mayer...? ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-18-16 07:50 PM
    How about Stephen Elop? Has deep mobile business experience and is a Canadian. He'll turn the ship.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-18-16 08:19 PM
    At least Heins had a vision. As someone said, even Trump advertising BlackBerry phones during his rallies, would make more sales than Chen.
    03-18-16 08:30 PM
    At least Heins had a vision. As someone said, even Trump advertising BlackBerry phones during his rallies, would make more sales than Chen.
    He also have a billion dollar write down.

03-18-16 08:45 PM
105 1234 ...