My Last Day at BlackBerry

Tim Neil is the genius behind the bbUI framework which gives webworks apps that BlackBerry 10 "look and feel." If you've used Willow or SiteBook, you'll know what I mean

It was Tim's bbUI that got me interested in trying my hand at BB development. His talents will be seriously missed amoungst BB HTML developers
    07-23-14 08:26 AM
    Fairly big loss in my opinion. Basically anyone I interacted with while developing is now gone.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 11:27 AM
    What? Why? No! (*devastated*)

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-23-14 12:15 PM
    What? Why? No! (*devastated*)
    He mentions on his BBM Channel taking time off to spend with his family and renergize for whatever is next.

I'm surprised it's not bigger news in the BB community, but I guess his contributions are better known amoungst developers than consumers. I'm sad for Tim on a personal level, but also wondering what it means for the future of bbUI and BB HTML app development.
    imcurved and DueNorthBB like this.
    07-23-14 12:52 PM
    Doing good here. No one has said "he sucked anyway, and JC is getting rid of the chaff!"
    07-23-14 12:57 PM
    He mentions on his BBM Channel taking time off to spend with his family and renergize for whatever is next.

I'm surprised it's not bigger news in the BB community, but I guess his contributions are better known amoungst developers than consumers. I'm sad for Tim on a personal level, but also wondering what it means for the future of bbUI and BB HTML app development.
    This is a big loss.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    Gerii likes this.
    07-23-14 01:29 PM
    This is a huge, and I mean HUGE loss.

It also explains why I just got a ton of emails last week saying all my issues were closed on the BBUI project. Tim was IMO one of the most talented people at Blackberry in recent years. I wish him luck in wherever his career path takes him next, but I don't think he'll need it. A talented individual like that should have a ton of people knocking at his door very soon.
    DueNorthBB likes this.
    07-23-14 01:57 PM

Well this sucks, I've loved his work and ideas. Hope to see his talent elsewhere in the future then.
    He states the same reason as Vivek, leaving to spend time with his family. Hoping to see the finalized BatBerry soon!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 01:58 PM
    Doing good here. No one has said "he sucked anyway, and JC is getting rid of the chaff!"
    He's not Thorstein Heinz or any of his incompetent hires like Frank Boulben
    07-23-14 04:53 PM
    I hacked in to the crackberry hive mind and changed the default response.
    JeepBB and MarsupilamiX like this.
    07-23-14 05:53 PM
    He's not Thorstein Heinz or any of his incompetent hires like Frank Boulben
    LOL. You know you ain't right...

I hacked in to the crackberry hive mind and changed the default response.
    You really need to share this power...
    07-23-14 06:16 PM
    Very disappointing to see, however, I can't say I'm surprised.
    Most of the dev relations team (or the ones I have encountered) are all leaving.
    Tim, was a great guy, great personality, and he, as I, loved Batman! Can't wait to see where the BatBerry goes!
    07-23-14 06:21 PM
    Trying to stir the pot i see.
    07-23-14 06:28 PM
    Trying to stir the pot i see.
    Doesn't seem like anyone's pot was stirred. In fact, we've been able to laugh about it. For folks looking to be emotionally hurt on the internet, I guess it's a concern.

Relax, and use the ignore button. It helps.
    07-23-14 07:32 PM
    Very disappointing to see, however, I can't say I'm surprised.
    Most of the dev relations team (or the ones I have encountered) are all leaving.
    Tim, was a great guy, great personality, and he, as I, loved Batman! Can't wait to see where the BatBerry goes!
    I talked to him once, and came away highly impressed.
    07-23-14 07:33 PM
    Doesn't seem like anyone's pot was stirred. In fact, we've been able to laugh about it. For folks looking to be emotionally hurt on the internet, I guess it's a concern.

Relax, and use the ignore button. It helps.
    Who are we in this thread? You're the only one that laughed about it.

If you're talking about other threads then carry along I guess.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then laugh along. If you can't, and a post of mine stirs the pot of you or yours, I humbly suggest not getting overly wound up by the ramblings of someone who is probably unable share angst.

And the ignore button is a great tool.
    mikeo007 and JeepBB like this.
    07-23-14 07:51 PM
    The last person I remember reading about leaving was Vivek or something? And everyone had a similar response to that too... I don't really remember the others, I'm not a developer or anything so most of these names don't mean anything to me...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-23-14 08:12 PM
    One has to appreciate all the effort of Tim. He finished all the bbUI stuff for 10.3 before leaving.

He obviously has a bright future.

I hope others will step in to contribute as he has.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 08:14 PM
    ... and the thread is derailed already. Man, there is some crazy efficiency here with some people...

07-23-14 08:14 PM
    One has to appreciate all the effort of Tim. He finished all the bbUI stuff for 10.3 before leaving.

Posted via CB10
    JC probably been pushing them hard...

07-23-14 08:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    He'll do well.

I think the big thing is what you noted: hopefully someone can fill his shoes.

The Brain Drain is beginning to bother me though.
    07-23-14 08:21 PM
    What phone is he using in the the photo? My Last Day at BlackBerry | Building The BatBerry

Looks kinda like a iPhone 5C lol
    07-23-14 11:54 PM
    What phone is he using in the the photo? My Last Day at BlackBerry | Building The BatBerry

Looks kinda like a iPhone 5C lol
    Developer Red Z10 version with a black battery door.
    07-24-14 12:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I chuckled.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-24-14 01:20 AM
32 12