Well, I've stopped screaming now, but yesterday I spilt an entire medium coffee over my beautiful BB Bold, which I had app'd up to the max, and set up exactly the way I wanted!! It was in my car, and I had to pull-over and just stare stunned at my coffee-logged paper-weight. The little water damage tab turned immediately pink, assuring me I had voided the warranty!

I am not rich by any means, but I can't be without my Berry! I drove immediately to a Rogers Plus store at a nearby mall and plonked down $730.00 for a new Bold. I spent the entire rest of the day downloading all the apps and themes I had before. Thankfully I had recently backed up my contacts etc, when I switched from my Curve, so I didn't loose too much!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-08-09 10:35 AM
    Wow. Just moved my Tims over to the other side of my desk. Sorry about your berry. I'd try to at least repair it for a spare.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 10:39 AM
    Thats one expensive coffee...730 big ones. Ouch!
    03-08-09 10:40 AM
    Well Tim Hortons, is the best.

03-08-09 10:43 AM
    Yeah, I now have a $700 spare battery and track ball..........OMG, I'm gonna cry!!!
    03-08-09 10:47 AM
    Sue Tim Hortons and say that no where on their cup it states a warning that if your bold drinks their coffee it will die
    03-08-09 10:51 AM
    Sue Tim Hortons and say that no where on their cup it states a warning that if your bold drinks their coffee it will die
    HAHAHA..too funny.
    03-08-09 10:53 AM
    Lmao!

03-08-09 10:54 AM
    This topic is the very reason I'm OCD about where my berry is in relation to anything liquid . Even on a desk / table it's always sitting on something above the surface so if something spills my berry is safe

Sorry to hear about your bold...but it's an expensive life lesson
    03-08-09 10:57 AM
    Do you have insurance on the phone.
    I know whenever something like that happens I can call sprint and order another phone through insurion for 100 bucks

03-08-09 11:14 AM
    Do you have insurance on the phone.
    I know whenever something like that happens I can call sprint and order another phone through insurion for 100 bucks

Insurance won't cover water damage
    03-08-09 11:15 AM
    Sadly no, but an excellent idea for future.....I'll look into it, thanks.
    03-08-09 11:15 AM
    Sorry about your loss. I hope you give you ex-Bold a good funeral.
    03-08-09 11:28 AM
    i sent back a water damaged Bold back to rogers and they sent me a refurb no questions asked
    03-08-09 11:32 AM
    At the very least, I hope you won something on your cup for Rrrroll up the Rrrrim. Something worth more than the cost of the Bold.

03-08-09 11:36 AM
    Lol this is why when i buy coffee my BB always stays opposite of the cup or its stays in the pocket depending on the size of the cup I bought or if I went to either starbucks, Tim Hortons, or krispy kreme...

Last edited by chatkiller; 03-08-09 at 01:05 PM.
    03-08-09 01:00 PM
    BeanieBeanie, I never win a damn thing on Rrrroll up the Rrrrrim, I'm starting to think its a big scam!!!
    03-08-09 01:05 PM
    shutterbuggy: I don't win either, but my wife has won a free coffee on every tea she's had this year! (I get the freebies!) I think the trick is to order Tea!
    03-08-09 02:34 PM
    Well, I've stopped screaming now, but yesterday I spilt an entire medium coffee over my beautiful BB Bold, which I had app'd up to the max, and set up exactly the way I wanted!! It was in my car, and I had to pull-over and just stare stunned at my coffee-logged paper-weight. The little water damage tab turned immediately pink, assuring me I had voided the warranty!
    I am not rich by any means, but I can't be without my Berry! I drove immediately to a Rogers Plus store at a nearby mall and plonked down $730.00 for a new Bold. I spent the entire rest of the day downloading all the apps and themes I had before. Thankfully I had recently backed up my contacts etc, when I switched from my Curve, so I didn't loose too much!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dude, your insurance sucks!!! I could literally drop kick my Curve into a boiling, overflowing septic tank and still be able to pay the deductable and get a refurb.

I'm sorry you had to go and pay full retail for another one.
    03-08-09 02:37 PM
    Dude, your insurance sucks!!! I could literally drop kick my Curve into a boiling, overflowing septic tank and still be able to pay the deductable and get a refurb.

I'm sorry you had to go and pay full retail for another one.
    I was going to say the same thing about his/her insurance!!!

Wow I can feel your pain!!! I take my Blackberry into the bathroom while getting ready for work and I am constantly leary about putting it anywhere near the sink, toilet or bathtub!!! Never thought about spilling my coffee while driving!!!
    03-08-09 02:53 PM
    I guess it depends on what your carrier will allow because this is not a restriction for many carriers.
    03-08-09 02:58 PM
    well damn that is indeed a very expensive cup of coffee
    and it truly sucks on what happened
    03-08-09 03:46 PM
    Yesterday while at Starbucks iw as sitting with the GF and 6month old....6 month old drools near the Curve and GF decides to spaz-rescue my berry from the drool.....in the process spilling her coffee on it. After some real b****ing and cleaning in the restroom, we finished shopping and I took it apart last night as coffee was still visible around the keys, only to find no reason to have taken it apart (UGH!). So she will get my curve later this week after I get my NEW bold set up.

Silver linings........
    03-08-09 03:47 PM

Mine does...... you would figure all the carriers would pry just use one INS. co..... but apparently not
    03-08-09 04:57 PM
    Yesterday while at Starbucks iw as sitting with the GF and 6month old....6 month old drools near the Curve and GF decides to spaz-rescue my berry from the drool.....in the process spilling her coffee on it. After some real b****ing and cleaning in the restroom, we finished shopping and I took it apart last night as coffee was still visible around the keys, only to find no reason to have taken it apart (UGH!). So she will get my curve later this week after I get my NEW bold set up.

Silver linings........
    I'm sorry, but THAT is a funny story!
    03-08-09 05:04 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD