Am I the only one who feels ticked off that RIM has yet to colaborate with Microsoft regarding the most profound BIS obstacle to ever hit Blackberry users!?!?! Arghhhhh!!!

How hard can it be to integrate an instance that will allow BIS users access to authenticated emails?
    07-18-08 01:58 PM
    .......I am not quite sure what you are asking or commenting on here. I am up on most stuff, but ISA? If what you are saying is that it would be nice for outlook to work with BIS like yahoo or gmail do, that will likely not happen as that is what BES is for from a security side. Or maybe I missed something......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 02:42 PM
    Microsoft's Internet Security and Acceleration Suite. BIS users who rely on OWA are not able to authenticate through the new ISA versions.

07-20-08 09:37 AM
    Most(90%) of BIS users have no need to access authenticated emails. As SLVR6 said, that is what BES is for, and most that need this function are already on BIS. I understand there might be a small need for some users, but as a whole, the need is very small. Of course, I could say that Microsoft needs....but I won't. I will stay on topic.

07-20-08 11:00 AM
    Where are you getting that data, That 90% do not have the need? Just curious. The way I see it. . . Any BB owner using their own BB to retrieve corporate email through OwA is SOL if their organization upgrades to an ISA server. No small problem. My corp email setup, for example, does not allow server-side or client rules to auto forward email AND they don't support IMAP or POP3 either. In short, since the ISA upgrade, I can no longer get corp email on my BB. Why not jut go to BES you may ask. . . Well, that would replace my IT Policy that I have pushed to my BB, which allows me to enjoy split-pipe connections, and other non-supported functions. I think that as more and more organizations upgrade to the new generations of ISA servers you will see more frustrated BB users such as myself that need to use BIS for corp email. I guess for now I'm willing to accept that I'm in the minority if that what the research shows. Still ticks me off though.

07-20-08 12:25 PM
    Where are you getting that data, That 90% do not have the need? Just curious. The way I see it. . . Any BB owner using their own BB to retrieve corporate email through OwA is SOL if their organization upgrades to an ISA server. No small problem. My corp email setup, for example, does not allow server-side or client rules to auto forward email AND they don't support IMAP or POP3 either. In short, since the ISA upgrade, I can no longer get corp email on my BB. Why not jut go to BES you may ask. . . Well, that would replace my IT Policy that I have pushed to my BB, which allows me to enjoy split-pipe connections, and other non-supported functions. I think that as more and more organizations upgrade to the new generations of ISA servers you will see more frustrated BB users such as myself that need to use BIS for corp email. I guess for now I'm willing to accept that I'm in the minority if that what the research shows. Still ticks me off though.

Have you ever thought that the IT security guys want it just like that?

That they don't want you to be able to access your corp emails from a Blackberry?
    10-26-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD