An sales channel rep told me not to expect the Thunder sooner than October. I have little reason to believe him but even less to believe September. Could the device be that well under wraps given all the pictures of the Kickstart and such we've seen?

Has there been evidence of a JDE hitting insider channels to start getting apps "fit" for the screen and interface?

I'm starting to think Verizon is drumming up support to prevent iPhone 3G sales but it's still a ways off. Holiday reason at best.
    07-01-08 07:36 PM
    who knows when it will be coming out... not soon enough IMO! When it hits ill be getting 2 of them...One for the Wife and one for me... If I was to guess I would say your right with the Holiday launch....
    07-01-08 07:40 PM
    So since this is supposed to be hitting VOdaphone also, does anyone think it would be possible to buy it from Vodaphone and activate it on VZW? I really want this phone, but am stuck in Europe for a while, and wont be back for the VZW release.
    07-02-08 03:54 AM
    We had a RIM rep come in and show it off about 2 months' ago. He is adamant, as are my superiors that we will be shipping the device on September 16th.
    07-05-08 07:45 PM
    Love the BB but idk. A touch screen one? I have lots of speculations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 07:50 PM
    Yeah I'm a little hesitant for the Sept realease but it could happen. Also really hesitant about a touch BB. Sounds cool but I would def need to play with it first.

07-06-08 12:25 PM
    I'd love to get a Thunder. I'm not switching from AT&T to get i however. Think I could buy one from a VZW rep (then unlock it) without getting haggled about switching my service?
    07-06-08 02:09 PM
    Well the verizon phone runs on cdma and att uses gsm so they won't really be compatible.

07-06-08 05:26 PM
    THe Thunder will be dual mode, but even unlocked it is different frequencys than the US GSM providers use. So not a chance.
    07-07-08 04:18 AM
    The new pictures look great! Now I'm torn between this and the Kickstart. This will probably be it because I'm not switching carriers.
    07-07-08 11:55 PM
    THe Thunder will be dual mode, but even unlocked it is different frequencys than the US GSM providers use. So not a chance.
    say that again??? hmmmmm...any where I can get the specs for it? I have been looking for a replacement for my 8830 but nothing has the dual cdma/gsm capability and I dont see a replacement (except for the thunder) anytime in the near future.
    07-08-08 09:31 AM
    I just bough a 8310 Curve from Rogers in May. Does anyone know if I upgrade to a Thunder when they come out later this year if I'll get any break on the price since my Curve is so new. The Thunder looks irresistible!
    07-09-08 05:19 AM
    We had a RIM rep come in and show it off about 2 months' ago. He is adamant, as are my superiors that we will be shipping the device on September 16th.
    Any word on a ship date for the Javelin?

07-16-08 01:31 PM
    Definitely want to give the Thunder a test drive. I'm eligible for upgrade in November. So if it does get released in September or October, it will be a long month or two wait for me to get it.
    07-16-08 01:43 PM
    I REALLY hope they don't rush this out. Take the time... make sure the touchscreen is perfected...

The damage from rushing out their first ever touch screen and having it be a buggy/laggy piece of junk would do MUCH more damage than just poor Thunder sales.

I'm hoping November and I REALLY want this phone but if I have to wait until 2009... so be it.
    07-16-08 04:46 PM
    rumors are vodaphone are getting it first in the UK
    07-16-08 04:54 PM
    Why can't these companies have a worldwide launch date instead of rolling out in different areas at different times.

(realizing I wouldn't be complaining if they rolled them out in the USA first )
    07-16-08 04:58 PM
    I REALLY hope they don't rush this out. Take the time... make sure the touchscreen is perfected...

The damage from rushing out their first ever touch screen and having it be a buggy/laggy piece of junk would do MUCH more damage than just poor Thunder sales.

I'm hoping November and I REALLY want this phone but if I have to wait until 2009... so be it.
    Yeah i totally agree with you on this i really think they should not rush this phone because every major phone company is bringing out touchscreen phones now and the blackberry is classed as a luxury phone so it really cant have problems, so they should take there time and really make it perfect. Thanks Andrew
    07-22-08 05:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD