An easy fix for those who don't like touchwiz: Install Nova Launcher.

But I agree with OP. I've been using an Android touchscreen phone since my Q5 died. I'm definitely feeling the pkb (and even BB10) withdrawal, too.
    04-07-16 10:00 AM
    iPhones are designed to be easier, or as easy to use as possible. The most common complaints I hear from a couple android Sammy phone friends is some kind of survey that pops up when they are trying to download an app, or something like that. Hearing those stories I think iOS is the better choice......for me.....in the end.
    i have an Android (not a Samsung) and i never have surveys pop up when installing apps. Weird. I have no issues and I have to say coming from all Blackberries as far back as the 8330, switching took about a two weeks learning curve only
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-07-16 10:21 AM
    jaydee5799. Since you've changed hardware hope you will continue your writing here as I have enjoyed your insights.
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-07-16 12:32 PM
    An easy fix for those who don't like touchwiz: Install Nova Launcher.

But I agree with OP. I've been using an Android touchscreen phone since my Q5 died. I'm definitely feeling the pkb (and even BB10) withdrawal, too.
    Most of the Samsung, HTC, Motorola along with Carrier bloatware, can at the very least be disabled. And like you said their are other Launchers.... NOVA is probably the best out there, but I'm using the BlackBerry one right now... pretty basic, but familiar.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-07-16 01:01 PM
    i have an Android (not a Samsung) and i never have surveys pop up when installing apps. Weird. I have no issues and I have to say coming from all Blackberries as far back as the 8330, switching took about a two weeks learning curve only
    Z30 to G4 correct?. (I have a Z30 as well as other BlackBerry 10 devices. My pops has a Z30, G4, Nexus 5, Note 4 and probably some other Android) Did you add a launcher to get rid of LG's UI? Do you still find yourself trying to swipe? I used a Note 3 on Lollipop 5.1 my dad gave me to try and his G4 as well. Despised the Note 3, even with Nova Prime I have on my Samsung tablet. The G4 is better (like the ergonomics of the device) but did not care for the stock UI, call quality and or speakers. Camera and screen are nice. G4 is also a bit plastic for me. The leather back does help. (would dig that on an all touch BlackBerry) Also don't care for having to add an app for everything on Android. Textra, file manager, Blue Mail, BBM, etc. IMO it's as much a work around as the 3 easy steps to add Cobalt's GPS. I know it's irrelevant at this point but I'll happily use my BlackBerry 10's through the next couple of updates and then look around. (Thinking Surface Pro type phone and integrate Win 10 across all my devices)

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-07-16 01:12 PM
    Most of the Samsung, HTC, Motorola along with Carrier bloatware, can at the very least be disabled. And like you said their are other Launchers.... NOVA is probably the best out there, but I'm using the BlackBerry one right now... pretty basic, but familiar.
    Are you doing work arounds on your Droid 2 to get it to function like BlackBerry 10?

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    04-07-16 01:14 PM
    I made the switch a while back to Android. It does take some learning curve. Originally I missed the BB Hub but not enough to switch back, now with Cobalt bringing over all those features to non-priv Androids my life is a little more complete.
    04-07-16 03:03 PM
    BB10 Os is the best period!

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 and saxxman like this.
    04-07-16 06:26 PM
    I have a Priv and have been using it for a month. But I still miss my Classic dearly. In fact been considering switching to it for a week or so. Apps aside, OS10 is quite good for communication. If only Google Play could work on it. Sigh.

Posted via my Priv
    04-07-16 10:16 PM
    I just don't like samsung phones. They add too much bloat to the OS. I cringe whenever my fianc�e has a problem on her Note3 and I have to fumble with it.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    That has been pared down substantially in Note 5 and it makes the experience a lot better.
    04-08-16 12:12 AM
    Ad far as your files go, they are now found in Samsung's MyFiles folder, probably in a folder labeled Samsung Apps. They used to be under Downloads, but it changed, and took a but to figure out.
    04-08-16 12:14 AM
    It will get somewhat easier....

Android is really just a cluster of apps around a narrow core of an os.

Once you realize that almost everything you need just another app developed by 3rd party yahoo's just trying to make a buck it will make sense. Almost every app has a different user flow, share flow, menu system and all built separately.

This is not appealing to me which is why I was happy on a purpose-built mobile OS like BB10.

I have the Priv now but it's really a computer first and then a phone. BB10 is far more phone/messaging first and entertainment second.

But the masses speak with cash and they want snapchat and to feed the facebook machine.

Good luck

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I think when push comes to shove., eventually I'll go back to windows mobile for the same reasons you just outlined about android. Windows atleast has a unified experience throughout the OS and is the most unique and elegant to use I'd say after bb10. Android is a cluttered jarring experience to the say the least. Sure it can do everything, but the question isn't can it do everything, it's can it do everything you need well?

I dream of the day when somebody ressurects webOS.. guess Bb10 is next

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 12:27 AM
    I know exactly how you feel OP. I own both a Passport as an iPhone 6s (received from work) and believe me, the latter frustrates the **** out of me.
    BB10 for me really is the best OS ever built for a phone. Nothing can replicate it's flow.

Posted with my BB Passport
    I'm in the same position totally agree with you. Dreading replacing my passport when it gives up!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    04-08-16 12:54 AM
    I thought i was gonna be able to make my switch to samsung and boy i was sooo wrong. Im having serious withdrawals from not using a physical keyboard and a simpler os...
    Well there's your 1st mistake, purchasing a Samsung android device and expecting a 'simple' OS, their TouchWiz Android launcher / skin is horrible and turns a clean OS into a mess.

Purchase a Nexus 5X or 6P for a stock Android experience, or next best will be a Moto device which is relatively close to stock.
    04-08-16 03:39 AM
    That has been pared down substantially in Note 5 and it makes the experience a lot better.
    So much about that phone frustrates us. It constantly turns WiFi and bluetooth off, so she's using up her cell data when she's in the house and doesn't realize it. Turn WiFi on, it eventually turns itself back off. We will reconnect with the BT car radio and then a few days later it's unpaired or turned off again.

I was downloading the Lollipop update for it a couple months ago to see if that would fix some things, and then started reading user forums about how much WORSE it made everybody's phone, and canceled the download. When her phone is paid off this fall I will either get her a Nexus or an iphone.

One thing nobody can take away from BlackBerry - I have had almost zero bluetooth or WiFi issues that were the phone's fault. And that applies to all of the ones I've had, from the horrendous Tour to my current Classic. These things are communication powerhouses.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-08-16 04:11 AM
    It just takes time... to get use to all touch and to a new OS. I have had my Droid for about a month now and Android isn't as "complicated" as I at first taught, it's just different.

Have you installed the PRIV's apps on your phone via Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager? That might help you a little, they are working very will on my Android 6.0 Droid Turbo - just have to go in and manually give each BlackBerry app full permissions.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm now flicking my words. Sucks that's sprint didn't take the PRIV like they said they would.
    04-08-16 08:52 AM
    my 2 friends with Android that have that issue are with Sammy phones. I have another friend with a Google Nexus (sp?) and he does not have that problem.

I listen to a few different tech podcasts and one was recommending that if one feels they must use any android phone, to "make sure it is a Nexus" because you supposedly get the software updates sooner than say.......on a Sammy. (the idea is that Google will push major updates to their own supported phones FIRST)

There might be something to this considering the new OS installs with Android are about 70% less adaption rate than anything ios.

As for the surveys and annoying pop ups I have also seen a buddy on a Sammy tablet experience this annoyance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-08-16 05:50 PM
    I agree 100% with the OP. I am in no hurry to switch off of my Z10/Classic combo.

If BB10 ceases to meet my needs I'll look around and pick something else. But I haven't seen anything remotely close yet.

To me a smart phone is NOT a platform for third party apps. It's an integrated communications device that allows me to stay connected to work when away from my desk. Almost every feature I use daily was developed by BlackBerry and came with my phone, and I have never paid a red cent for a third party app. (My apologies to those loyal BlackBerry developers who I know take their work seriously, but I just don't need the apps.)

That makes me a terrible customer for Apple or Android, I know. But I don't carry a mobile device to make money for them. I carry it to stay in touch with the people I care about and work with.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 01:42 PM
    I have never paid a red cent for a third party app. (My apologies to those loyal BlackBerry developers who I know take their work seriously, but I just don't need the apps.)

That makes me a terrible customer for Apple or Android
    this sounds a lot like my friend last year who still had a flip phone. I talked him into an iphone (and he wanted a simple OS he could figure out and he is good with it) but he buys the 128 GB Iphone 6 and the 2 apps he has on it are the 2 I suggested, Whatsapp for communication and IMDB (because he watched a lot of movies) He is not into apps.

Meanwhile here I am trying to squeeze every last drop of space out of my 16GB 5C with 2GB left

irony

04-09-16 02:04 PM
    Then you just need a dumbphone, not a smartphone, in today's standards.
    04-09-16 02:04 PM
    this sounds a lot like my friend last year who still had a flip phone. I talked him into an iphone (and he wanted a simple OS he could figure out and he is good with it) but he buys the 128 GB Iphone 6 and the 2 apps he has on it are the 2 I suggested, Whatsapp for communication and IMDB (because he watched a lot of movies) He is not into apps.

Meanwhile here I am trying to squeeze every last drop of space out of my 16GB 5C with 2GB left

irony

I need to manage thousands of contacts, hundreds of emails a day for 4 different companies and three personal accounts; 20-30 appointments per week on behalf of the four different companies and my own calendar, One Drive, Dropbox and Box accounts, a reference library of several dozen books, tasks, notes, and reminders synchronized with different MS Exchange server, etc.

Pretty hard to do that on a flip phone, and very, very inefficient on iPhone and Android. Believe me, I've tried.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-09-16 02:26 PM
    Then you just need a dumbphone, not a smartphone, in today's standards.
    Not even close. See my response above. I use my phone constantly throughout a 10-12 hour day, six days a week. What I don't do is use it for entertainment. When I stop working, I turn the darned thing off!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 02:28 PM
    Not even close. See my response above. I use my phone constantly throughout a 10-12 hour day, six days a week. What I don't do is use it for entertainment. When I stop working, I turn the darned thing off!

Posted via CB10
    People do the exact same thing with Android and iPhone. You just prefer Blackberry. That's fine but please refrain from throwing the entertainment tag around like that somehow makes Blackberry better. It preference, that is all.
    04-09-16 02:43 PM
    I need to manage thousands of contacts, hundreds of emails a day for 4 different companies and three personal accounts; 20-30 appointments per week on behalf of the four different companies and my own calendar, One Drive, Dropbox and Box accounts, a reference library of several dozen books, tasks, notes, and reminders synchronized with different MS Exchange server, etc.

Pretty hard to do that on a flip phone, and very, very inefficient on iPhone and Android. Believe me, I've tried.

Posted via CB10
    Now that we know you need it for serious buisness applications, I would agree that Blackberry is probably more in tune to your needs.
    04-09-16 02:51 PM
    It really has very little to no with subjective "preference." it's about not having to open, close, and switch between different apps for different tasks. I own and use both iPhone and Android tablets. One of my companies develops and sells educational technology products that are only available on Android and iOS. I know the different OSes inside and out.

It comes down to efficiency for my particular use case. Both Apple and Android require lots of distinct switching between apps to accomplish the same tasks that I can do without leaving the Hub on BB10.

I've seen people who try to claim that there is no difference between using the "home" button on Android and iOS and using the BB10 swipe gestures. It's hogwash. That would be the same as the Blackberry apologists who say there's no difference between using Android apps properly via the Google Play Store and having to geek out to get BB10 to run the same apps.

BB10 is objectively a better integrated OS for core email, phone and other traditional corporate MS Exchange-oriented communication functions, and both iOS and Android are much better than BB10 for users who like using third party apps.

BB10 is the equivalent of a Ford Transit Van. If you don't need one for professional reasons, it's unlikely you would choose to drive one for pleasure. But if you need one for work, you understand why it's far superior to any consumer-oriented vehicles for the purpose, even the best designed ones.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-09-16 03:06 PM
54 123