We will know for sure soon, Times of india were reporting from another website actually.. I've read the MobileBeat thing on several other websites too.. Its all rumors anyway but the sure thing is that they will talk about them in July.. There own conference is about security in general, so I don't know about that but BlackBerry's COO said the announcement will be “very, very imminent”.
    That's what these new phones will be about too.... End-to-End solution for enterprise customers with a security focus. BlackBerry will hope as many fans, consumers and other enterprise users as possible will also buy these phones, but I think Chen knows that BlackBerry can't do the things that must be done to sell phones to the general market.
    07-12-16 09:07 AM
    Wish they hadn't named one after a budget Chrysler vehicle but still I am glad they are in the game!

Periodic Table of Elements
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-12-16 09:22 AM
    I'm running low on RAM on my Passport every now and then when going hard with the multitasking...

3GB RAM won't cut it. 4 is better, 6 is awesome... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    True !
    07-12-16 09:25 AM
    "Reports now suggest that the company will introduce three new Android-powered smartphones that will cover various price listings, form factors as well as hardware specifications. The three phones to be introduced by BlackBerry will be unveiled during the MobileBeat 2016 Conference, which is set to take place on July 12-13 at The Village in San Francisco. Dubbed Neon, Argon, and Mercury, the three phones will be put up for public sale one by one, over the upcoming three quarters.

Neon, the most basic of the lot, will sport a 5.2-inch touch screen without a physical keyboard. The phone will run on a Snapdragon 617 chipset and sports 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory. The rear camera on the device will be 13MP while the front lens will be 8MP. A 2,610mAh battery will power the device which will come with support for QuickCharge 2.0 for a lowered charging time. The device should make an appearance for public sale around August.

Argon will land in the middle of the three releases and is expected sometime in October. With its high-end specs, it will target enterprise customers as well as those that require performance on-the-go. Argon will come with a 5.5" QHD display screen and be powered by a Snapdragon 820 chipset with 4GB of RAM.

The rear of the device will sport a 21MP camera while the front will come embedded with an 8MP lens. The device will offer 32GB of internal storage and come along with a powerful 3,000mAh battery with support for QuickCharge 3.0. Other hardware features include a fingerprint sensor as well as a USB Type-C port.

Mercury will make its debut sometime in the first quarter of 2017. The phone will be the only one of the three releases to come with a physical keyboard, but this won't be concealed like with the Priv. The images on VentureBeat suggest it will be more like the BlackBerry Passport with a 'squarish' appeal and an all-aluminum body.

The device will come with a 4.5" HD resolution screen, powered by a Snapdragon 625 chipset and 3GB of RAM. You will find 32GB of internal storage capacity on the phone along with an 18MP lens on the rear end and an 8MP lens on the front-face. Mercury will be powered by a 3,400mAh battery, but it's uncertain if it will offer support for QuickCharge 3.0 like Argon will."

Link to the article: Blackberry to launch three android smartphones in July: Report - Times of India
    Thanks for scoop OP . Something to cheer about .
    07-12-16 09:27 AM
    FTFY. Need to build the wall ten feet higher to block it out.
    Are you trying to say that it was manufactured in Mexico or only available in Mexico? Because if the latter, that isn't true. But if you're simply saying it was manufactured there, A LOT of cars and parts are manufactured there across many brands.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-12-16 09:28 AM
    I think he was joking around. I'm sure the Priv wasn't named after a toilet either...

07-12-16 09:29 AM
    Are you trying to say that it was manufactured in Mexico or only available in Mexico? Because if the latter, that isn't true. But if you're simply saying it was manufactured there, A LOT of cars and parts are manufactured there across many brands.

I was just saying the Dodge Neon is actually a Mexican Fiat now. As a joke.
    07-12-16 09:30 AM
    I do not believe this at all. Security Summit is much more likely, but "more likely" doesn't say much.
    What might say something though, is that Marty Beard at BlackBerry had an interview with CrackBerry (Bla1ze) and Bloomburg just ahead of the Security Summit.
    07-12-16 09:43 AM
    I was just saying the Dodge Neon is actually a Mexican Fiat now. As a joke.
    Oh ok. But chances are it probably was manufactured in Mexico, lol.

07-12-16 09:50 AM
    Oh ok. But chances are it probably was manufactured in Mexico, lol.

Actually a Mexican market car built in Turkey, with an American badge.
    07-12-16 09:51 AM
    For what it's worth, neon was a chrysler in the UK.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 10:06 AM
    What might say something though, is that Marty Beard at BlackBerry had an interview with CrackBerry (Bla1ze) and Bloomburg just ahead of the Security Summit.
    Is the interview available to watch or read?

Bla1ze ?
    07-12-16 10:30 AM
    For what it's worth, neon was a chrysler in the UK.

Posted via CB10
    Dodge is a subsidiary of Chrysler, that was never the discussion. The topic is about Neon, Argon, and Mercury. Someone made a joke about the Neon name, someone else thought he/she was talking about the Mercury name, Mercury was a subsidiary of Ford. Dodge/Chrysler, same thing pretty much now as you can see by them being almost interchangeable depending on the market...

07-12-16 11:43 AM
    I fail to see how BlackBerry would announce something at an event they aren't even registered as a speaker.

https://temp.venturebeat.com/profile...rPage=location

Unless they got inspiration to crash another speaker's event like Mr. Gold did....
    07-12-16 11:51 AM
    The Neon and Argon are the Noble (stable) phones while the the Mercury is a Transition phone?
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    07-12-16 12:41 PM
    Dodge is a subsidiary of Chrysler, that was never the discussion. The topic is about Neon, Argon, and Mercury. Someone made a joke about the Neon name, someone else thought he/she was talking about the Mercury name, Mercury was a subsidiary of Ford. Dodge/Chrysler, same thing pretty much now as you can see by them being almost interchangeable depending on the market...

I'm well aware of the subtext of the argument I was just adding that the neon was badged as a chrysler in the UK so the poster who originally said that was correct, also as a side the priv is a synonym for toilet in many parts of the UK also known as privvy hence the other poster saying the 'elemental' names are an improvement on that.
    That being said and to try and be on topic I think I will wait on the mercury since I can't upgrade till January it 'might' be available around then.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 01:00 PM
    So looking forward to the Mercury...the only one I am interested in
    Agreed!
    07-12-16 01:20 PM
    One of these phones better have a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 01:41 PM
    That's what these new phones will be about too.... End-to-End solution for enterprise customers with a security focus. BlackBerry will hope as many fans, consumers and other enterprise users as possible will also buy these phones, but I think Chen knows that BlackBerry can't do the things that must be done to sell phones to the general market.
    Did they unveil phones in their security conferences before?
    07-12-16 01:42 PM
    Did they unveil phones in their security conferences before?
    No they never have before that I know of... most were phone launching events or part of a large PHONE type event.

But with all the End-to-End talk and BlackBerry really not going to be able to compete in the consumer market. It kind of makes sense to use this security focus event to talk about these new phones. These customers are the customers that their security focused niche is going to be based on.
    ayngling likes this.
    07-12-16 01:49 PM
    Lol at a trending thread about a non event

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-12-16 02:21 PM
    I looked on the vendors and guest speaker list on the MobileBeat Conference 2016 and Blackberry wasn't even mentioned? I would think if they where going to introduce a new product their name would be listed somewhere?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-12-16 02:39 PM
    No they never have before that I know of... most were phone launching events or part of a large PHONE type event.

But with all the End-to-End talk and BlackBerry really not going to be able to compete in the consumer market. It kind of makes sense to use this security focus event to talk about these new phones. These customers are the customers that their security focused niche is going to be based on.
    Maybe they will unveil it there I don't know, but from I read about the conference its more about security in general and a lot of people in that business are attending, not your average type of tech reporters.. So that's what I think they should launch it in a phone event or large phone event like you said.
    07-12-16 03:13 PM
    Maybe they will unveil it there I don't know, but from I read about the conference its more about security in general and a lot of people in that business are attending, not your average type of tech reporters.. So that's what I think they should launch it in a phone event or large phone event like you said.
    The thing is I don't think your average tech reporter is going to care about midgrade phones bearing the BlackBerry brand at this point. Especially if they are just relabeled phones from another OEM. The PRIV was probably the last time BlackBerry gets that kind of attention, at least until they release another flagship phone.
    07-12-16 03:19 PM
    The thing is I don't think your average tech reporter is going to care about midgrade phones bearing the BlackBerry brand at this point. Especially if they are just relabeled phones from another OEM. The PRIV was probably the last time BlackBerry gets that kind of attention, at least until they release another flagship phone.
    I disagree, All tech websites are reporting about the upcoming phones and extensively talking about them.. I do think the average tech reporter still cares about phones bearing BlackBerry's Brand.. People don't dislike the brand, on the contrary, lots of people hope that this company can get back on its feet again with Android. Only the Finance & Stock market sector want to see them shelve the phones.

Whether you think the average tech reporter care or not, phones should be unveiled in phones conferences, not security. What they will do is unknown though, this is just my opinion.
    07-12-16 03:30 PM
141 ... 23456