The really interesting tidbit there is will the PKB device be like a Passport 2, or will it resemble the renders we've seen?

Posted via CB10
    There is no way they limit themselves by doing a Passport 2, BlackBerry needs a fleet device. If sales are good and there is a future for hardware... who knows where things will go.
    07-11-16 02:42 PM
    Hm so tomorrow finally some news?? It's about time.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 04:07 PM
    Hm so tomorrow finally some news?? It's about time.
    Or, maybe it's just another rumor.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-11-16 04:25 PM
    Thats BlackBerry man, they never learn, other manufacturers make an announcement and have the phone available with two weeks or so. But not BlackBerry, no they announce the thing 8 months before availability
    Posted via CB10
    Could worse, could be like ubuntu, announced the OS ten years ago and people are still trying to get it to work! LOL
    07-11-16 04:35 PM
    Or, maybe it's just another rumor.
    Exactly, that's what I want to stress, its all rumors until it really happens.
    07-11-16 04:42 PM
    "Reports now suggest that the company will introduce three new Android-powered smartphones that will cover various price listings, form factors as well as hardware specifications. The three phones to be introduced by BlackBerry will be unveiled during the MobileBeat 2016 Conference, which is set to take place on July 12-13 at The Village in San Francisco. Dubbed Neon, Argon, and Mercury, the three phones will be put up for public sale one by one, over the upcoming three quarters.
    Why MobileBeat? They have their own conference on the 19th lol. Aside from that, BlackBerry is nowhere to be seen on the agenda, speakers list or even sponsors - https://temp.venturebeat.com/profile...bId=0x24145bbb. And if having their own event and not being on the agenda isn't enough, why would BlackBerry unveil stuff in participation with a place who 'leaked' their info given how much Chen hates leaks? Not saying it can't/won't happen but just like some of the leaks, just doesn't add up. This is why no one trusts Times of India. No research.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-11-16 05:49 PM
    Why MobileBeat? They have their own conference on the 19th lol. Aside from that, BlackBerry is nowhere to be seen on the agenda, speakers list or even sponsors - https://temp.venturebeat.com/profile...bId=0x24145bbb. And if having their own event and not being on the agenda isn't enough, why would BlackBerry unveil stuff in participation with a place who 'leaked' their info given how much Chen hates leaks? Not saying it can't/won't happen but just like some of the leaks, just doesn't add up. This is why no one trusts Times of India. No research.
    Yep I said this a few posts earlier. But one thing is almost certain... I think we'll know more about at least 1 new Android device by the end of next week ! :-) Not long to go now!
    Bla1ze, skinnymike1 and ayngling like this.
    07-11-16 06:40 PM
    We will know for sure soon, Times of india were reporting from another website actually.. I've read the MobileBeat thing on several other websites too.. Its all rumors anyway but the sure thing is that they will talk about them in July.. There own conference is about security in general, so I don't know about that but BlackBerry's COO said the announcement will be “very, very imminent”.
    07-11-16 07:11 PM
    There own conference is about security in general, so I don't know about that but BlackBerry's COO said the announcement will be “very, very imminent”.
    Yeah, I know. I spoke with him this morning lol.
    07-11-16 07:36 PM
    Ah the chief lucky you , I only knew about it very recently from the Bloomberg interview.. The public get the news late.
    07-11-16 07:44 PM
    LOL. Share some gossip Chief! He must have dropped some news on your call! :-)
    07-11-16 09:03 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing the designs for the phones. BlackBerry always has great designs!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 09:30 PM
    Glad we're seeing some form of announcement shortly.

Slightly surprised at the order these form factors are coming out in, I was hoping that the PKB Rome- Mercury would be first (or maybe second) and the budget Argon, which we only heard of recently, would be the final one.

So my Q5 needs to keep going for another 6 months minimum- and I'll lose whatsapp for a while. Think I'll keep looking for good deals on genuinely unlocked PRIVs.
    07-11-16 09:37 PM
    LOL. Share some gossip Chief! He must have dropped some news on your call! :-)
    He must have, but of course it's not for publication yet, and Bla1ze will be in New York on the 19th.
    07-11-16 09:54 PM
    So looking forward to the Mercury...the only one I am interested in.

Nice news..at last something to be excited about.

Edit:
    Why the heck would one present a phone in July...and make it available first quarter 2017? That's a long way to go....

Posted via CB10
    Yes and every phone vendor in the world agrees with you except BlackBerry. They still think they have all the time in world and customers would wait for their phones.
    07-11-16 10:19 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing the designs for the phones. BlackBerry always has great designs!

Posted via CB10
    That is very true!.. Its the only thing they get it right, some great looking phones.. Hopefully people would appreciate that and go towards Green Android BlackBerries.
    07-11-16 10:34 PM
    Wish they hadn't named one after a budget Chrysler vehicle but still I am glad they are in the game! Looking foreword to them.
    Ford

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 11:22 PM
    I hope they show all three phones @ 19th.
    ayngling likes this.
    07-12-16 12:21 AM
    Ahhh, almost too good to be true!! It would be great news!
    07-12-16 06:24 AM
    That's why nobody goes to MSN Money for tech news either.
    Nobody should go to MSN for any kind of news... *shutters*

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-12-16 06:44 AM
    I'm running low on RAM on my Passport every now and then when going hard with the multitasking...

3GB RAM won't cut it. 4 is better, 6 is awesome... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    "BB10 is much more efficient with QNX, it doesn't need great specs."
    07-12-16 06:45 AM
    I do not believe this at all. Security Summit is much more likely, but "more likely" doesn't say much.
    07-12-16 06:47 AM
    Ford

Posted via CB10
    Neon is Dodge. He wasn't talking about Mercury.

07-12-16 07:39 AM
    Neon is Mexican Dodge. He wasn't talking about Mercury.

FTFY. Need to build the wall ten feet higher to block it out.
    07-12-16 08:21 AM
    Neon is Dodge. He wasn't talking about Mercury.

Ah!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    07-12-16 08:58 AM
141 12345 ...