Nice devices. But I guess all of them are android. BB10 dies.
    Bob Brown7 likes this.
    07-10-16 11:53 PM
    So are two of these the Rome and Hamburg?

Berry happy Q10, Q10, Passport, 9900, Z10 and now the ZED 30......
    Yes, it's actually the Acatel that was due to release this year, they cancelled it because BlackBerry hired them to build the phones. Acatel was a top seller last year and I think it's a great move by BlackBerry. I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Running 10.3.2 Powered By QNX Aaron's #BlackBerryZ10 🔟�
    Em2016 likes this.
    07-11-16 12:26 AM
    That will be great news for BB users in the near future. Three new devices would help customers have exciting experiences, maybe there would be little more people starting using BB when they come and explorer these phones in BB stores after a long time owning Android and Apple ones.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-11-16 12:50 AM
    Yes, it's actually the Acatel that was due to release this year, they cancelled it because BlackBerry hired them to build the phones. Acatel was a top seller last year and I think it's a great move by BlackBerry. I'm waiting for it to arrive.

Running 10.3.2 Powered By QNX Aaron's #BlackBerryZ10 🔟�
    Don't think so. BlackBerry branded devices will probably be just a small chunk of Alcatel overall sales. Don't spread stupid misinformation like that.

I can't find the exact figures but I'd bet that Alcatel sold at least 20 times the amount of BlackBerry devices in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 12:54 AM
    So, this is tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 02:18 AM
    if this will be a truth, I will splash my cash on Mercury!
    skinnymike1 and ayngling like this.
    07-11-16 04:55 AM
    The PKB device sounds underwhelming and underspec'd for 2017 considering that the Passport already has similar specs.

Can't we get a Q10/Classic form factor running Android, and get it sooner than 2017? I'll bet that none of these phones sells well
    07-11-16 05:07 AM
    The PKB device sounds underwhelming and underspec'd for 2017 considering that the Passport already has similar specs.

Can't we get a Q10/Classic form factor running Android, and get it sooner than 2017? I'll bet that none of these phones sells well
    Nonsense
    The device will come with a 4.5" HD resolution screen, powered by a Snapdragon 625 chipset and 3GB of RAM

SD625 is new chipset (announced in Feb 2016) and currently Samsung Galaxy C7 and Asus ZenFone 3 are coming with this chipset (release in June 2016?)
    have in mind that SD 616 has OUTPERFORMED (or similar performance in synth tests) as SD 820 on PRIV...

if it's going to be reasonable price - it's superb device. not top spec by any means, but more than capable.

my secondary phone - xiaomi redmi note 2 with mediatek and helios octacore is really just fine on android, so I see no issues with this one.
    07-11-16 05:17 AM
    Nonsense
    The device will come with a 4.5" HD resolution screen, powered by a Snapdragon 625 chipset and 3GB of RAM

SD625 is new chipset (announced in Feb 2016) and currently Samsung Galaxy C7 and Asus ZenFone 3 are coming with this chipset (release in June 2016?)
    have in mind that SD 616 has OUTPERFORMED (or similar performance in synth tests) as SD 820 on PRIV...

if it's going to be reasonable price - it's superb device. not top spec by any means, but more than capable.

my secondary phone - xiaomi redmi note 2 with mediatek and helios octacore is really just fine on android, so I see no issues with this one.
    Have a source for that?

I bet the Galaxy C7 and the ZenFone 3 are $200 less expensive. I think many of you are forgetting how BlackBerry is having to buy these from another OEM, and that BlackBerry's margins and overhead are much higher than OEM's with only a few hundred employees. These will be devcies that are sold mainly to enterprise. I'd almost be surprised if many Carriers that have lost money on the PRIV, even bother with more than one of these phones, and even then they will be for online purchase only.

It's good that BlackBerry will keep making phones (if these do come) and it's nice that PKB lovers will get one more chance at that form factor. But let's not try fooling anyone that these are going to make BlackBerry a competitor once again.
    07-11-16 07:24 AM
    So looking forward to the Mercury...the only one I am interested in.

Nice news..at last something to be excited about.

Edit:
    Why the heck would one present a phone in July...and make it available first quarter 2017? That's a long way to go....

Posted via CB10
    these phones are debuting about a year and a half too late for many BB fans. Shame. You can get much more in an Android now ( or a year ago like i did). Too bad BB is always late to the party!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-11-16 07:30 AM
    Have a source for that?

I bet the Galaxy C7 and the ZenFone 3 are $200 less expensive. I think many of you are forgetting how BlackBerry is having to buy these from another OEM, and that BlackBerry's margins and overhead are much higher than OEM's with only a few hundred employees. These will be devcies that are sold mainly to enterprise. I'd almost be surprised if many Carriers that have lost money on the PRIV, even bother with more than one of these phones, and even then they will be for online purchase only.

It's good that BlackBerry will keep making phones (if these do come) and it's nice that PKB lovers will get one more chance at that form factor. But let's not try fooling anyone that these are going to make BlackBerry a competitor once again.
    did you notice the "IF" part of the sentence: "if it's going to be reasonable price "??

even C7 or zenphone will be 200$ cheaper (as I doubt!) it still is worthless, because all those tap screen phones for ME are all the same with few additional gimmicks. so for this reason, if it's without keyboard - it is CHEAP chinese upper spec'd phone to go for. 120� and you got all bits and bobs.

because for me, the main differentiator is PKB.
    07-11-16 07:49 AM
    these phones are debuting about a year and a half too late for many BB fans. Shame. You can get much more in an Android now ( or a year ago like i did). Too bad BB is always late to the party!
    show me ANY Android phone (or iOS or Windows Mobile for that matter), released in last two years, with PKB, except horribly overprices Priv??
    07-11-16 07:50 AM
    At my grocery store Kroger in the US, there are several pre-paid cheap phones with keyboards

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 08:03 AM
    android smartphones?!
    because if you are talking about something like this:
    Samsung Guru Plus - Full phone specifications
    or
    Samsung Xcover 550 - Full phone specifications

well, it's not what I am talking about.
    I talk about full QWERTY keyboard + android smartphone
    07-11-16 08:06 AM
    because last Samsungs, for example, were those:
    Samsung Ch@t 333 - Full phone specifications - July 2013 - horrible. - not even Android
    Samsung Ch@t 357 - Full phone specifications - 2012 September. Not even an Android
    Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II I415 - Full phone specifications - 2012 November

So, again - PKB phone, Android, released in at least last 2 years??
    07-11-16 08:10 AM
    Wish they hadn't named one after a budget Chrysler vehicle but still I am glad they are in the game! Looking foreword to them.
    Better than a toilet! This is progress!
    07-11-16 08:18 AM
    Hmm there's no mention of Blackberry sponsoring or presenting on the MobileBeat 2016 site.

But there's the BlackBerry Security Summit taking place July 19 in New York City...
    07-11-16 08:19 AM
    But what will the general public say when by then a more popular phone that is entrenched has "better" specs?
    BlackBerry is a low volume producer with inherently higher costs. They can't and aren't trying to compete in the main consumer market. Their targeted market is government and enterprise and their main product is device management and security software, not hardware.

We as BlackBerry fans, get what we get -- take it or leave it. At least they are still making new devices.
    07-11-16 09:57 AM
    because last Samsungs, for example, were those:
    Samsung Ch@t 333 - Full phone specifications - July 2013 - horrible. - not even Android
    Samsung Ch@t 357 - Full phone specifications - 2012 September. Not even an Android
    Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II I415 - Full phone specifications - 2012 November

So, again - PKB phone, Android, released in at least last 2 years??
    Just not much of a market for one... thus the lack of options in the form factor.

Some here what to belive that the OEMs are the ones driving users away from the form factor... but the simple truth is for the most part users don't want the form factor. And apparently those that do, are pretty cheap.
    07-11-16 10:15 AM
    Mercury will make its debut sometime in the first quarter of 2017. The phone will be the only one of the three releases to come with a physical keyboard, but this won't be concealed like with the Priv. The images on VentureBeat suggest it will be more like the BlackBerry Passport with a 'squarish' appeal and an all-aluminum body.
    The image on Venture beat does not really suggest a "squarish" or Passport like device. All indications are that the Mercury will have a shorter 3:2 ratio rectangular screen in order to accommodate the keyboard, with the keyboard being similar in size and style to the Classic's, and will be a device having more in common with the Q10 than the Passport.
    07-11-16 10:18 AM
    Reissue Bolds and BB10 handsets. They are the best
    07-11-16 10:39 AM
    Better than a toilet! This is progress!
    Better than Priv.
    07-11-16 12:37 PM
    The image on Venture beat does not really suggest a "squarish" or Passport like device. All indications are that the Mercury will have a shorter 3:2 ratio rectangular screen in order to accommodate the keyboard, with the keyboard being similar in size and style to the Classic's, and will be a device having more in common with the Q10 than the Passport.
    I think now its all speculation and rumors.. Personally I've no idea how it will be.. I don't bother with trying to predict the future, I just prefer to wait and see it when its unveiled xD.
    07-11-16 12:39 PM
    I would like an Argon. I accept BB10 is dead and there will be no successor to my Z30. The Neon may be workable but I think I can wait until October / December and pick up an Argon.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 1REDRUM; 07-11-16 at 01:19 PM.
    07-11-16 12:45 PM
    The really interesting tidbit there is will the PKB device be like a Passport 2, or will it resemble the renders we've seen?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 02:31 PM
141 1234 ...