I disagree, All tech websites are reporting about the upcoming phones and extensively talking about them.. I do think the average tech reporter still cares about phones bearing BlackBerry's Brand.. People don't dislike the brand, on the contrary, lots of people hope that this company can get back on its feet again with Android. Only the Finance & Stock market sector want to see them shelve the phones.

Whether you think the average tech reporter care or not, phones should be unveiled in phones conferences, not security. What they will do is unknown though, this is just my opinion.
    Man, where do you live? Every one here whenever BB is brought up childishly talks about how they hope it would die already, as if competition is a bad thing, but whatever, people oddly taking pride in the brand phone they own. Strange...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-12-16 03:51 PM
    I disagree, All tech websites are reporting about the upcoming phones and extensively talking about them.. I do think the average tech reporter still cares about phones bearing BlackBerry's Brand.. People don't dislike the brand, on the contrary, lots of people hope that this company can get back on its feet again with Android. Only the Finance & Stock market sector want to see them shelve the phones.

Whether you think the average tech reporter care or not, phones should be unveiled in phones conferences, not security. What they will do is unknown though, this is just my opinion.
    I have to kindly disagree. Not many people care nor talk about Blackberry anymore and only a tiny fraction of a percentage of people are hoping they can get back on their feet again. At least on earth.

Sad, I wish it wasnt this way, but it is.
    07-12-16 04:53 PM
    Man, where do you live? Every one here whenever BB is brought up childishly talks about how they hope it would die already, as if competition is a bad thing, but whatever, people oddly taking pride in the brand phone they own. Strange...

Where I live doesn't concern you.. "Everyone here"? Sorry but I didn't talk about everyone here.. I'm talking about the tech reporters and tech websites' interest in reporting about the devices. All the Major tech websites like Cnet, Ubergizmo, Etc. have reported the devices in articles which still states they're interested in talking about them.. They certainly do not want to see the brand die, Why would they?.. Now the finance and investing websites have a different opinion but lets not get into that.

I'm discussing Tech reporters and then you changed the topic into everyone here xD.. Why? I've not talked about people here.. Lets stay on topic, Please.

Who told you I've a BB device? .. Its utterly weird to assume I own a BlackBerry device and oddly taking pride in it.. I don't own one xD.. Plenty of people here don't own one too.. “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.".. You should've asked me what device I own first before assuming and saying "oddly" & "strange"
    07-12-16 04:54 PM
    I have to kindly disagree. Not many people care nor talk about Blackberry anymore and only a tiny fraction of a percentage of people are hoping they can get back on their feet again. At least on earth.

Sad, I wish it wasnt this way, but it is.
    I salute you for kindly disagreeing .. Lets define it more narrowly because I was talking about Tech reporters & websites with the relation to the unveiling.. Not People, Not the masses..

So What about all the websites that have reported or talked about the new devices?.. Aren't they tech reporters.. Why do we still see a lot of news about the company whether its negative or positive.. If they talk about something they don't care about then its strange.. The Priv generated a strong hype and a lot of tech people were curious about it but the device failed in sales for all the reasons we know.
    07-12-16 04:59 PM
    I salute you for kindly disagreeing .. Lets define it more narrowly because I was talking about Tech reporters & websites with the relation to the unveiling.. Not People, Not the masses..

So What about all the websites that have reported or talked about the new devices?.. Aren't they tech reporters.. Why do we still see a lot of news about the company whether its negative or positive.. If they talk about something they don't care about then its strange.. The Priv generated a strong hype and a lot of tech people were curious about it but the device failed in sales for all the reasons we know.
    I guess I'm comparing (kindly) with tech news of their competitors. It's like people pointing out they saw a Blackberry phone in some movie, when there are Samsung's in every movie. That doesn't mean the movie industry is talking about Blackberry.

Let's let these 3 devices come out and, if people show interest, then the tech reporters will too. Believe me, I hope it takes off and it's on the front page of every tech site.
    07-12-16 05:06 PM
    I guess I'm comparing (kindly) with tech news of their competitors. It's like people pointing out they saw a Blackberry phone in some movie, when there are Samsung's in every movie. That doesn't mean the movie industry is talking about Blackberry.

Let's let these 3 devices come out and, if people show interest, then the tech reporters will too. Believe me, I hope it takes off and it's on the front page of every tech site.
    Well, my original point was.. in reply to dunt's comment.. that Tech reporters are still interested in going to a BlackBerry unveiling.. And that it should be unveiled in a phone conference not a security one. If we compare to Samsung, then the amount of interest is far lower of course.. I didn't go into that..

My simple point was:"Are tech reporters interested in going to an unveiling of BlackBerry phones or not"? I think they're..

Its not the aftermath or what people will think, Its just the unveiling.. We were just discussing that, not other topics.. The whole thread is about the unveiling.
    07-12-16 05:11 PM
    Well, my original point was.. in reply to dunt's comment.. that Tech reporters are still interested in going to a BlackBerry unveiling.. And that it should be unveiled in a phone conference not a security one. If we compare to Samsung, then the amount of interest is far lower of course.. I didn't go into that..

My simple point was:"Are tech reporters interested in going to an unveiling of BlackBerry phones or not"? I think they're..

Its not the aftermath or what people will think, Its just the unveiling.. We were just discussing that, not other topics.. The whole thread is about the unveiling.
    Maybe if they serve beer and bratwurst.
    07-12-16 05:53 PM
    One of these phones better have a keyboard.
    Mercury will.
    07-13-16 08:07 AM
    Who told you I've a BB device? .. Its utterly weird to assume I own a BlackBerry device and oddly taking pride in it.. I don't own one xD.. Plenty of people here don't own one too.. “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.".. You should've asked me what device I own first before assuming and saying "oddly" & "strange"
    Personally I (apparently wrongly) assumed everyone here on the Crackberry forums had a BlackBerry device. And took pride in it. I know I do. I would not go to the Android or iOS forums and participate with hundreds of posts unless I actually use the platform. This is a fan site... at least I thought it was, maybe I am wrong.

I don't mean to criticize, I am glad this forum is active, but I don't think it is utterly weird if someone assumes it.
    07-13-16 08:14 AM
    Personally I (apparently wrongly) assumed everyone here on the Crackberry forums had a BlackBerry device. And took pride in it. I know I do. I would not go to the Android or iOS forums and participate with hundreds of posts unless I actually use the platform. This is a fan site... at least I thought it was, maybe I am wrong.

I don't mean to criticize, I am glad this forum is active, but I don't think it is utterly weird if someone assumes it.
    Guess people have lots of time.
    07-13-16 08:20 AM
    I would be interested in the one that might be similar to current Passport.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-13-16 08:58 AM

Which is why I'm not sure what was the decision to have the Android devices forums as actual forums here instead of a link to AndroidCentral's corresponding forums. I certainly don't want to be around here to listen to BB10 diehards going on and on about how they hate Android.
    07-13-16 12:11 PM
    Which is why I'm not sure what was the decision to have the Android devices forums as actual forums here instead of a link to AndroidCentral's corresponding forums. I certainly don't want to be around here to listen to BB10 diehards going on and on about how they hate Android.
    In my book, Android with BlackBerry's software enhancements (I have a Priv myself, though admittedly went back to my Q10) is as much the "platform" as is BB10 (maybe more, seeing it is the more future focused one). It is a different matter not even using a BB device, though. At least I feel it is.
    07-13-16 12:26 PM
    [info]Mobile Nations consists of several sister sites each dedicated to a particular platform. CrackBerry has traditionally been the home of BlackBerry fans, but in recent years has grown to include Android as a topic with the inclusion of the runtime in BB10, and now has fully embraced as the OS for their devices. The CB android subforums are a holdover from a time before Mobile Nations included everyone, and some CrackBerry members wanted a home even though they were using some Android and other platform.[/info]And with that out of the way, let's get back on topic, shall we? Thanks.
    Sairos likes this.
    07-13-16 12:41 PM

Nope, lots of people here are BlackBerry fans yet they don't have a BlackBerry device.. They contributed lots of good posts and if you open their list of devices you won't find a BlackBerry.. Everyone is free to contribute and like the brand even without having a BlackBerry, Nothing wrong in that.

I had a BlackBerry during the golden days and I've been wishing them the best ever since, Mine is still in great condtion but sleeping in a drawer xD.

Your assumption that everyone here has a BlackBerry, like you said is not right at all .. That being said I love the devices, the brand and everything about it.. I would love to get one but with the current and upcoming devices, I choose to wait to see what suits me better, otherwise I would just go buy them all because I find them great.
    kvndoom likes this.
    07-13-16 05:51 PM
    People don't dislike the brand, on the contrary, lots of people hope that this company can get back on its feet again with Android.
    You're right, you never mentioned what people think, only tech websites.

Edit: Whoops, looks like I quoted the wrong message. I'm such a clutz sometimes. ;-)

07-13-16 11:58 PM
    Where I live doesn't concern you.. "Everyone here"? Sorry but I didn't talk about everyone here.. I'm talking about the tech reporters and tech websites' interest in reporting about the devices. All the Major tech websites like Cnet, Ubergizmo, Etc. have reported the devices in articles which still states they're interested in talking about them.. They certainly do not want to see the brand die, Why would they?.. Now the finance and investing websites have a different opinion but lets not get into that.

I'm discussing Tech reporters and then you changed the topic into everyone here xD.. Why? I've not talked about people here.. Lets stay on topic, Please.

Who told you I've a BB device? .. Its utterly weird to assume I own a BlackBerry device and oddly taking pride in it.. I don't own one xD.. Plenty of people here don't own one too.. �It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.".. You should've asked me what device I own first before assuming and saying "oddly" & "strange"
    Never implied that you owned a BB or was proud of it... Think you misunderstood my last sentence completely, lol.

07-14-16 12:00 AM
    It's fine if they use android phone with a passport form factor. But the OS should have a BlackBerry 10 experience in navigation and quality apps from Google play.

This kind of user experience will get them new customers.

Sent from Passport
    07-14-16 12:05 AM
    So what happened? No phones announced although I notice the idol popped up on review sites yesterday.
    07-14-16 02:50 AM
    Anyone know about any sort of news?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 04:00 AM
    You're right, you never mentioned what people think, only tech websites.

Edit: Whoops, looks like I quoted the wrong message. I'm such a clutz sometimes. ;-)
    The whole comment was about the tech reporters and the unveiling.. The word "People" comes within the context, I mean the tech people are not hating on the brand or wishing its death.. I've not spoken about people here.. You said "everyone here".. Here its quite the struggle, BB10 fans are hating on Android and vice versa.

If you follow back my comments you would find the topic is about tech reporters and their interest in attending an unveiling about BlackBerry.. You took the comment into a love or hate contest.. We wouldn't be wasting our times with these useless comments if you just stayed on topic "Tech Reporters and their interest in attending an unveiling".
    Last edited by Sairos; 07-14-16 at 04:25 AM.
    07-14-16 04:03 AM
    So what happened? No phones announced although I notice the idol popped up on review sites yesterday.
    Rumors ended up being rumors.. I hope it doesn't get unveiled in the security conference.. I don't think they should it unveil in a sec conference that's full of other companies like Samsung, Microsoft, Google and others.. Its not like these companies would be interested in buying their cell phones.. Haha Since when companies unveil phones to other companies in a security conference.
    07-14-16 04:15 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 04:23 AM
    The whole comment was about the tech reporters and the unveiling.. The word "People" comes within the context, I mean the tech people are not hating on the brand or wishing its death.. I've not spoken about people here.. You said "everyone here".. Here its quite the struggle, BB10 fans are hating on Android and vice versa.

If you follow back my comments you would find the topic is about tech reporters and their interest in attending an unveiling about BlackBerry.. You took the comment into a love or hate contest.. We wouldn't be wasting our times with these useless comments if you just stayed on topic "Tech Reporters and their interest in attending an unveiling".
    If you say so ;-) Don't be so defensive, relax, lol. You said people, then followed up by saying you never mentioned people. I didn't know that you would have needed to specifically say "non-reporter people." I guess typing "reporters" is a lot harder than typing "people."

07-14-16 08:30 AM
    I'm totally looking forward to the debut of the Mercury. Haven't owned a Blackberry in some years... I was leaning towards replacing my HTC with the Passport... but now they've gone and made things more interesting. Still getting that Passport though 2017 is just to long to wait to experience the technological sophistication of a Blackberry....
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    07-14-16 09:41 AM
141 ... 3456