"Reports now suggest that the company will introduce three new Android-powered smartphones that will cover various price listings, form factors as well as hardware specifications. The three phones to be introduced by BlackBerry will be unveiled during the MobileBeat 2016 Conference, which is set to take place on July 12-13 at The Village in San Francisco. Dubbed Neon, Argon, and Mercury, the three phones will be put up for public sale one by one, over the upcoming three quarters.

Neon, the most basic of the lot, will sport a 5.2-inch touch screen without a physical keyboard. The phone will run on a Snapdragon 617 chipset and sports 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory. The rear camera on the device will be 13MP while the front lens will be 8MP. A 2,610mAh battery will power the device which will come with support for QuickCharge 2.0 for a lowered charging time. The device should make an appearance for public sale around August.

Argon will land in the middle of the three releases and is expected sometime in October. With its high-end specs, it will target enterprise customers as well as those that require performance on-the-go. Argon will come with a 5.5" QHD display screen and be powered by a Snapdragon 820 chipset with 4GB of RAM.

The rear of the device will sport a 21MP camera while the front will come embedded with an 8MP lens. The device will offer 32GB of internal storage and come along with a powerful 3,000mAh battery with support for QuickCharge 3.0. Other hardware features include a fingerprint sensor as well as a USB Type-C port.

Mercury will make its debut sometime in the first quarter of 2017. The phone will be the only one of the three releases to come with a physical keyboard, but this won't be concealed like with the Priv. The images on VentureBeat suggest it will be more like the BlackBerry Passport with a 'squarish' appeal and an all-aluminum body.

The device will come with a 4.5" HD resolution screen, powered by a Snapdragon 625 chipset and 3GB of RAM. You will find 32GB of internal storage capacity on the phone along with an 18MP lens on the rear end and an 8MP lens on the front-face. Mercury will be powered by a 3,400mAh battery, but it's uncertain if it will offer support for QuickCharge 3.0 like Argon will."

Link to the article: Blackberry to launch three android smartphones in July: Report - Times of India
    07-10-16 04:46 PM
    Sounds interesting, but one thing I would like to see would be a device with 64GB internal storage.
    Witmen and IndianTiwari like this.
    07-10-16 04:49 PM
    So are two of these the Rome and Hamburg?

Berry happy Q10, Q10, Passport, 9900, Z10 and now the ZED 30......
    07-10-16 05:41 PM
    I'll support them by waving around my BB10 phones in the background. The only way I'd purchase the keyboard one is if it has the hub and swipe gestutes.

skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-10-16 05:44 PM
    Not impressed with the Mercury specs. It should be on par with the Argon at least.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 05:51 PM
    So looking forward to the Mercury...the only one I am interested in.

Nice news..at last something to be excited about.

Edit:
    Why the heck would one present a phone in July...and make it available first quarter 2017? That's a long way to go....

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 and ayngling like this.
    07-10-16 06:00 PM
    So are two of these the Rome and Hamburg?

Neon = Hamburg .. Rome = Mercury.

I'll support them by waving around my BB10 phones in the background. The only way I'd purchase the keyboard one is if it has the hub and swipe gestutes.
    I'm sure they will all have the hub
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-10-16 06:07 PM
    "Reports now suggest that the company will introduce three new Android-powered smartphones that will cover various price listings, form factors as well as hardware specifications. The three phones to be introduced by BlackBerry will be unveiled during the MobileBeat 2016 Conference, which is set to take place on July 12-13 at The Village in San Francisco. Dubbed Neon, Argon, and Mercury, the three phones will be put up for public sale one by one, over the upcoming three quarters.

Neon, the most basic of the lot, will sport a 5.2-inch touch screen without a physical keyboard. The phone will run on a Snapdragon 617 chipset and sports 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory. The rear camera on the device will be 13MP while the front lens will be 8MP. A 2,610mAh battery will power the device which will come with support for QuickCharge 2.0 for a lowered charging time. The device should make an appearance for public sale around August.

Argon will land in the middle of the three releases and is expected sometime in October. With its high-end specs, it will target enterprise customers as well as those that require performance on-the-go. Argon will come with a 5.5" QHD display screen and be powered by a Snapdragon 820 chipset with 4GB of RAM.

The rear of the device will sport a 21MP camera while the front will come embedded with an 8MP lens. The device will offer 32GB of internal storage and come along with a powerful 3,000mAh battery with support for QuickCharge 3.0. Other hardware features include a fingerprint sensor as well as a USB Type-C port.

Mercury will make its debut sometime in the first quarter of 2017. The phone will be the only one of the three releases to come with a physical keyboard, but this won't be concealed like with the Priv. The images on VentureBeat suggest it will be more like the BlackBerry Passport with a 'squarish' appeal and an all-aluminum body.

The device will come with a 4.5" HD resolution screen, powered by a Snapdragon 625 chipset and 3GB of RAM. You will find 32GB of internal storage capacity on the phone along with an 18MP lens on the rear end and an 8MP lens on the front-face. Mercury will be powered by a 3,400mAh battery, but it's uncertain if it will offer support for QuickCharge 3.0 like Argon will."

Link to the article: Blackberry to launch three android smartphones in July: Report - Times of India
    They must really have something up their sleeves, that will those touchscreen devices stand out.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-10-16 06:09 PM
    They must really have something up their sleeves, that will those touchscreen devices stand out.

Posted via CB10
    Make.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 06:13 PM
    While BlackBerry announced 3 devices for the next six month, another Android brand like BLU, are selling millions of devices.

In my country, BLU is like BlackBerry six years ago when the Torch, Classic and 9300,9320 dominated the market, BLU is the most selling brand in Venezuela right now.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 06:20 PM
    Not impressed with the Mercury specs. It should be on par with the Argon at least.

Posted via CB10
    I'm running low on RAM on my Passport every now and then when going hard with the multitasking...

3GB RAM won't cut it. 4 is better, 6 is awesome... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-10-16 06:44 PM
    The mercury is supposed to be a mid-range device according to BlackBerry's standards.. So that's why we're seeing such specs.. If they get the Specs to Software optimization right then it will be smooth enough..
    07-10-16 06:54 PM
    Not really sure if Times of India is a dependable source of tech news
    07-10-16 07:01 PM
    The mercury is supposed to be a mid-range device according to BlackBerry's standards.. So that's why we're seeing such specs.. If they get the Specs to Software optimization right then it will be smooth enough..
    But what will the general public say when by then a more popular phone that is entrenched has "better" specs?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 07:06 PM
    On the surface none of theses devices are compelling enough to move me from the Priv.

Posted one-handed via Priv
    qwerty4ever and hoytbowhunter like this.
    07-10-16 07:09 PM
    Why do you say that?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 07:10 PM
    Why do you say that?

Posted via CB10
    Times of India does not have the track record of breaking tech news - in the past they just repeat other tech news from other sites and worse they just get their info from questionable sources.
    07-10-16 07:16 PM
    No source of news is 100% dependable, They all get it right or wrong sometimes.. This might be plausible because Chen said he'll talk about the devices in July.. We'll know soon enough if its true.
    07-10-16 07:18 PM
    But what will the general public say when by then a more popular phone that is entrenched has "better" specs?

Posted via CB10
    We've been over this discussion many times.. A lot of brands out there have better offerings.. BlackBerry will never match them.. Its disappointing but it was never their game, They're into the security thing apparently.. This doesn't mean they can't sell..
    07-10-16 07:22 PM
    No source of news is 100% dependable, They'll get it right and wrong sometimes.. This might be plausible because Chen said he'll talk about the devices in July.. We'll know soon enough if its true.
    Except times of india tends to just repeat older tech news. And for breaking tech news - not so much. The article you posted gives credit to this site

Technology News & Updates | PC-Tablet
    07-10-16 07:25 PM
    Except times of india tends to just repeat older tech news. And for breaking tech news - not so much. The article you posted gives credit to this site

Technology News & Updates | PC-Tablet
    Yup I Know it gives credit to PC-Tablet.. But I read it on times of india so that's why I posted their link.. And the article was featured on MSN Money's BBRY stock news.. so you can see how the whole thing is, Gotta mention one of them only.
    07-10-16 07:26 PM
    Yup I Know it gives credit to PC-Tablet.. But I read it on times of india so that's why I posted their link.. And the article was featured on MSN Money's BBRY stock news.. so you can see how the whole thing is, Gotta mention one of them only.
    That's why nobody goes to MSN Money for tech news either.
    07-10-16 07:34 PM
    That's why nobody goes to MSN Money for tech news either.
    Haha Mate, you seem to have a serious problem with the article.. Let me tell you something, MSN Money doesn't have tech news xD.. MSN money generates results about BlackBerry from Bing Search engine.. So You see a big list of all articles related to BlackBerry.

The specs has been reported by everyone and its all rumors.. Even the news in the article is not real until it becomes real.. People just share the news.. Chen talked about July and MobileBeat 16 is very soon so we'll see whether its true or not xD..
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-10-16 07:43 PM
    Wish they hadn't named one after a budget Chrysler vehicle but still I am glad they are in the game! Looking foreword to them.
    07-10-16 08:01 PM

Edit:
    Why the heck would one present a phone in July...and make it available first quarter 2017? That's a long way to go....
    Thats BlackBerry man, they never learn, other manufacturers make an announcement and have the phone available with two weeks or so. But not BlackBerry, no they announce the thing 8 months before availability
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 07-11-16 at 03:45 PM.
    07-10-16 11:42 PM
141 123 ...