Maybe CX or someone can confirm, but is threaded messaging even being worked on or thought about? I just don't see why we don't have it yet. Every other smartphone has it.

It's something really simple that I'm sure would make a lot of people happy. From what I read on BGR, even the new enV's are going to have it! They should definitely not have it before us.

I love my BB to death, but I wish we had real threaded messaging.
    05-30-09 04:16 PM
    There are applications that do this, but SMS messaging works as is. it also works as the other messaging does on the device, so there is little reason to change it. It is possible it will show up in the future, but it wouldnt be a priority.
    05-30-09 04:28 PM
    Just because it works doesn't mean there's 'little reason to change it.' I know it works, and I don't mind it, but it wouldn't be too hard to add it in and I'm sure many people would certainly enjoy it.
    05-30-09 05:00 PM
    With 5.0 coming out and significant resources being devoted to new devices and Argon, (as well as its updates) I do think it is low on the totem pole. Keeping things like SMS/MMS/PIN/Email all in the same format makes it easier for people to adopt how the BlackBerry OS works.
    05-30-09 05:05 PM
    Making sms messages threaded like BBM wouldn't change anything about how people adopt to the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 05:08 PM
    I personally don't like regular sms. I don't even have it set to merge my email inbox and texts. Coming from windows mobile, I really miss threaded texting. I think rim should include it.

05-30-09 05:11 PM
    Excuse my cluelessness but what is thread texting?

05-30-09 07:06 PM
    Read here: TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

For some reason crackberry kept messing the link up so I had to use Tiny URL, sorry.
    Last edited by Jonneh; 05-30-09 at 07:14 PM.
    05-30-09 07:12 PM
    i would love an app that enhanced the sms on the BB, (threaded) i really think thats the only thing that needs serious improvement!!
    06-01-09 06:09 PM
    I personally am fine the way it is. It's clean, simple, and easy to read.

Then again, I don't feel the urge to keep days and days worth of sms at a time, like a lot of people do.

06-01-09 06:10 PM
    hey sith, since u know so much.. lol... does threaded txting take a lot of memory up?
    06-01-09 06:45 PM
    there is/was a threaded SMS application that was relatively small i believe.
    06-01-09 06:48 PM
    kk. thanks for the response
    06-01-09 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD