Not going to comment on the presentation but BlackBerry should advise all US Carriers that March is not acceptable. You(BlackBerry) just launched two devices. You plan to launch four more this year with one rumored(so far, rumors have been panning out) to be the monster Aristo. Why would a consumer(not a BlackBerry/CrackBerry nut) get a Z10 now?
    rcab and rjkolo like this.
    01-30-13 01:21 PM
    I do agree but I am afraid that BlackBerry is not (currently) in a position to dictate anything to the US carriers. Sad, but true.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-30-13 01:30 PM
    I do agree but I am afraid that BlackBerry is not (currently) in a position to dictate anything to the US carriers. Sad, but true.
    You know I wonder if the carriers are in no position to carry the device. There is a lot of background noise recently about phone deals that need time to make the carriers money, wonder how much of that plays into it. A lot of the global you buy the phone vs getting it subsidized.
    araskin likes this.
    01-30-13 01:58 PM
    Not going to comment on the presentation but BlackBerry should advise all US Carriers that March is not acceptable. You(BlackBerry) just launched two devices. You plan to launch four more this year with one rumored(so far, rumors have been panning out) to be the monster Aristo. Why would a consumer(not a BlackBerry/CrackBerry nut) get a Z10 now?
    It's all on the U.S. carriers, not BlackBerry. They've done their part to create a fantastic and truly innovative product. Several people working for BlackBerry have literally volunteered their lives to give us everything we've ever wanted and needed for our phones and platform as a whole. Carriers have to accept a build to work according to their network structures, and sadly, not by the time-frame we would like.
    01-30-13 02:31 PM
    Do you really believe that RIM gave all four US carriers the option to start selling the devices any time after today, and all four decided to wait until March? That is not plausible. Obviously RIM is not giving the US carriers product to sell until March if all four are releasing in March. The question is why. Can they produce enough product for global launch? Is the software still not 100% ready and they'll let the smaller markets work out the kinks? Is there some major US app that won't be ready till then that they would get pummeled for not having by the US tech press.

All of you saying the carriers are the delay really need to think it out better unless you want to imply they are all in collusion to delay BB10 to the market!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    rjkolo likes this.
    01-30-13 02:44 PM
    Is there some major US app that won't be ready till then that they would get pummeled for not having by the US tech press.
    Bingo. There was not a lot of apps news today. RIM.. ahem BlackBerry will get its a$$ kicked in the carrier stores if the big name apps are not out.
    01-30-13 02:47 PM
    Bingo. There was not a lot of apps news today. RIM.. ahem BlackBerry will get its a$$ kicked in the carrier stores if the big name apps are not out.
    I see it the other way around. BB may get kicked in the a$$ because they are not released in the US until March. This is terribly disappointing for so many reasons and I can't imagine any app that is big enough to have caused this delay - could be wrong but can't think of any.
    01-30-13 02:55 PM
    Do you really believe that RIM gave all four US carriers the option to start selling the devices any time after today, and all four decided to wait until March? That is not plausible. Obviously RIM is not giving the US carriers product to sell until March if all four are releasing in March. The question is why. Can they produce enough product for global launch? Is the software still not 100% ready and they'll let the smaller markets work out the kinks? Is there some major US app that won't be ready till then that they would get pummeled for not having by the US tech press.

All of you saying the carriers are the delay really need to think it out better unless you want to imply they are all in collusion to delay BB10 to the market!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    It makes more sense that the US carriers cant lay out more money for subsidized costs over what they already have to peddle. Its all about the bottom line, when Sprint comes out and says it wont make money on the iPhone for 6 yrs, why would they want to hurt themselves in the short term even further with an unproven BB10 device.

On your flip side, there was a consolidation of hardware manufacturers back a while ago...possible supply issue?

I still think the US carriers are clowning around with this release.
    01-30-13 03:04 PM
    Regarding the apps they kept using the word "committed" which is probably marketing code for "its not there yet but its coming soon but we don't want to say that" . . which is what rim was always in trouble for, the infamous "coming soon" bit
    01-30-13 03:09 PM
    Do you really believe that Blackberry has the power to tell the US carriers you better have it by launch day or else? Please. Only one company has that kind of pull and even then, they don't have 100% control.
    01-30-13 03:35 PM
    Why everyone seems to think its all on the US carriers? This is Blackberry come back party...They didn't do enough to make sure the US will be ready.
    01-30-13 03:39 PM
    Regarding the apps they kept using the word "committed" which is probably marketing code for "its not there yet but its coming soon but we don't want to say that" . . which is what rim was always in trouble for, the infamous "coming soon" bit
    Right. Coming is not the same as here. The carriers want this phone to be able to go head to head with Android and the iPhone in this area. That is a key part the marketability of the phone.
    01-31-13 05:00 AM
    Why everyone seems to think its all on the US carriers? This is Blackberry come back party...They didn't do enough to make sure the US will be ready.
    And don't forget it's not just the US carriers who are/have been silent. None of the Australian carriers except Vodafone (who are declining to carry the Z10) have made announcements.
    01-31-13 05:23 AM
    i think they are launching first in the big countries that they're still leaders.
    01-31-13 05:50 AM
    Do you really believe that RIM gave all four US carriers the option to start selling the devices any time after today, and all four decided to wait until March? That is not plausible. Obviously RIM is not giving the US carriers product to sell until March if all four are releasing in March
    Could be that. Or it could be contractual negotiations since the US carriers know they have RIM over a barrel. Or it could be US specific testing and regulations.

The point is, that unless you personally have been involved in discussions with RIM and the carriers, it's pointless to guess.
    01-31-13 05:54 AM
    The Z10 is going to see a **** of battle against the GS4 that will release around the same time.
    01-31-13 06:04 AM