Crackberry have always been posted articles positive about BlackBerry, even to the point of ignoring the obvious. Now, even Crackbery are posting articles laying out the facts about the negative sides of BlackBerry (facebook app article), and thats a sign of how bad things truly are in the world of BlackBerry.

Sad times we live in my friends... I wouldn't even recommend the Priv at this point, as it's a situation that the time will come when BlackBerry get bored about there android venture and cease support. When that happens, you're up the proverbial creek without a paddle, as without root privileges you couldn't root your Priv and flash it with a custom rom updating it to the latest version of android.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Maxxxpower and Q10Bold like this.
    03-15-16 05:04 PM
    I'm with you!
    And I can't describe in words how frustrated I am.
    ZeBB45 likes this.
    03-15-16 05:17 PM
    I wouldn't even recommend the Priv at this point, as it's a situation that the time will come when BlackBerry get bored about there android venture and cease support. When that happens, you're up the proverbial creek without a paddle

Well, you would still have a top of the line 2015 Android flagship device running (at least) Marshmallow. You will be able to use it until it wears out, as Google Play Store will support it for a long, long time.
    03-15-16 05:18 PM
    Well, you would still have a top of the line 2015 Android flagship device running (at least) Marshmallow. You will be able to use it until it wears out, as Google Play Store will support it for a long, long time.
    Where is marshmallow for the priv? Did I miss something? Did I miss BB10 on a PlayBook? For now its the same: Priv with Android Marshmallow and BB10 update for the PlayBook!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-15-16 05:34 PM
    Where is marshmallow for the priv? Did I miss something? Did I miss BB10 on a PlayBook? For now its the same: Priv with Android Marshmallow and BB10 update for the PlayBook!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    If BlackBerry discontinues its foray into Android sometime in the future, the Priv will have had Marshmallow for a long time. We know it's imminent, carriers are testing it, and we have seen a screen shot.
    03-15-16 05:36 PM
    If BlackBerry discontinues its foray into Android sometime in the future, the Priv will have had Marshmallow for a long time. We know it's imminent, carriers are testing it, and we have seen a screen shot.
    We have seen a Priv with BB10 too :P.
    But for real, not just in dreams: Ok i hope you are right- but I dont trust BB anymore!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-15-16 05:38 PM
    I'm with you!
    And I can't describe in words how frustrated I am.
    It's a serious wake-up call, that's for sure! I've been eyeing up the Passport SE, not now.

03-15-16 05:46 PM
    It's a serious wake-up call, that's for sure! I've been eyeing up the Passport SE, not now.

I'm done with BlackBerry - they even let the most loyal fans down.
    Even if BlackBerry makes non-profit with OS10-devices (and only profit with software) they should honor the small hard core that carried them trough their transition - because of trust!
    Letting this core down, even lying with "BlackBerry 10 will still get support" is the worst thing ever!
    03-15-16 05:54 PM
    they should honor the small hard core that carried them trough their transition
    This is something I have never understood.

I was one of those BB10 users from the beginning. They had devices I liked, and I choose to purchase them. They did exactly what they were advertised to do. I don't need any further "honours", as I never purchased any of my devices as a favour to BlackBerry.
    JeepBB, RoseBud68, web99 and 3 others like this.
    03-15-16 06:14 PM
    This is something I have never understood.

I was one of those BB10 users from the beginning. They had devices I liked, and I choose to purchase them. They did exactly what they were advertised to do. I don't need any further "honours", as I never purchased any of my devices as a favour to BlackBerry.
    Don't get me wrong!
    I don't want a price or something like that!

I just want to use my OS10 device as I was used to - to communicate!

Whether you like Facebook or not - has been a good source to keep in touch with people, even if you have frequent contact or not!
    If you have a phone number or a E-mail address - it will eventually get obsolete at any time!
    With the Facebook app it syncs everything automatically when a contract changes a detail.

What should I use the Hub for?
    SMS and E-mail only?
    That's a joke!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 06:24 PM
    It's really funny what people expect out of a company. The fact is BlackBerry is not your best friend, it is a company that is looking to make a profit. Let's face it they tried with BlackBerry 10, and it didn't work.

Please don't state marketing would have made a difference. No it wouldn't have. They did do a lot of marketing at first, and it didn't work. I also think the term marketing is thrown around here a lot but yet people don't know what marketing is. In fact BlackBerry does a lot of marketing! Right now! I'm serious!

BlackBerry are doing well with their software portfolio. Hardware is less important, and loyal BlackBerry consumers do not pay the bills.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-15-16 06:26 PM
    Whether you like Facebook or not - has been a good source to keep in touch with people, even if you have frequent contact or not!

What should I use the Hub for?
    SMS and E-mail only?
    That's a joke!

Posted via CB10
    Set up Facebook to send all notifications via email. They will appear in your HUB.
    Last edited by conite; 03-15-16 at 06:45 PM.
    03-15-16 06:29 PM
    Set up Facebook to send all notifications via email. They will appear in your HUB.
    But what about the contacts in the device.
    This section will be gone.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 06:36 PM
    But what about the contacts in the device.
    This section will be gone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Facebook contact sync will be lost.

But I'm not sure what any of this has to do with BlackBerry.
    03-15-16 06:48 PM
    Yes, Facebook contact sync will be lost.

But I'm not sure what any of this has to do with BlackBerry.
    It has to do with BlackBerry because it's my main device that I use to communicate.
    The other one is my computer - which I rarely use compared to my BlackBerry and because of my BlackBerry.

They can't be serious about "just use your browser" when you should have all your contact in your "smart"phone.

Using a smartphone and the Hub just for e-mail & SMS is like having a Ferrari without tires.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 06:56 PM
    It has to do with BlackBerry because it's my main device that I use to communicate.
    The other one is my computer - which I rarely use compared to my BlackBerry and because of my BlackBerry.

They can't be serious about "just use your browser" when you should have all your contact in your "smart"phone.

Using a smartphone and the Hub just for e-mail & SMS is like having a Ferrari without tires.

Posted via CB10
    Your analogy makes no sense at all... a Ferrari without tires won't go anywhere at all (at least not very far or fast and with sparks flying everywhere) but a BlackBerry using the hub for just sms and email will still work fine

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:16 PM
    The hub also does phone calls, BBM and software notifications. Personally, I can't wait to stop having inane Facebook notifications in the hub.

As far as no new bb10 devices are concerned, again I see that as a potential positive: no temptation to buy a new phone when my z10 and also my q5, z30 backups are showing no signs of wearing out.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:26 PM
    Your analogy makes no sense at all... a Ferrari without tires won't go anywhere at all (at least not very far or fast and with sparks flying everywhere) but a BlackBerry using the hub for just sms and email will still work fine

Posted via CB10
    But then for what do I need a Hub?
    Now it manages ALL my different accounts.

Soon Facebook (with the option to text with users), WhatsApp and surely Twitter will be gone.

The Hub is the Ferrari part in my BlackBerry and with each missing integration it loses a wheel.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:28 PM
    But your initial proposition was that BlackBerry is somehow not honouring its loyal supporters.

The fact that Facebook chooses not to develop a BB10 app, and that BlackBerry is now forced to use the mobile website because of the poor Facebook public APIs, is not on BlackBerry.
    Lawrie Sherratt and bakron1 like this.
    03-15-16 09:33 PM
    But your initial proposition was that BlackBerry is somehow not honouring its loyal supporters.

The fact that Facebook chooses not to develop a BB10 app, and that BlackBerry is now forced to use the mobile website because of the poor Facebook public APIs, is not on BlackBerry.
    So how do 3rd part developers have access to it?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:13 AM
    I dont trust BB anymore!!!
    Exactly.

Blackberry literally pissed on their most loyal customers:
    -Playbook owners (no BB10 update)
    -BBOS7 owners (no updates after Heins left)
    -BB10 owners (Chen)
    Why should I be so stupid and keep on buying stuff (Priv) from this company?
    Slash82 and Q10Bold like this.
    03-16-16 03:23 AM
    So how do 3rd part developers have access to it?

Posted via CB10
    They don't - not legally anyway. The alternative is to hack the private APIs, but a large company like BlackBerry cannot violate a TOS like that.
    03-16-16 05:10 AM
    And no security patches, which for android is a must. So no, Priv will be useless, more useless than a bb10 phone if BlackBerry decides to quit hardware.
    outlooker likes this.
    03-16-16 05:43 AM
    And no security patches, which for android is a must. So no, Priv will be useless, more useless than a bb10 phone if BlackBerry decides to quit hardware.
    Well, 1/3 of Android devices still run Kitkat, and get no security patches at all. Not ideal of course, but far from useless. They still enjoy the full support of almost every app on Google Play. Another 1/3 are still using OSes prior to Kitkat, and are still getting along. These two groups number in the 100s of millions.
    03-16-16 05:52 AM
    Well, 1/3 of Android devices still run Kitkat, and get no security patches at all. Not ideal of course, but far from useless. They still enjoy the full support of almost every app on Google Play. Another 1/3 are still using OSes prior to Kitkat, and are still getting along. These two groups number in the 100s of millions.
    But Priv is all about security, isn't it?
    03-16-16 05:54 AM
33 12