I just watched the replay of the facebook live event and it was painful to watch. It seemed like they were in a closet sized room with no diversity in colors of the background/area. They did not sound enthused at all and seemed like they were not taking any questions or maybe there were no good questions, i dont know. But this facebook event is exactly what Blackberry has turned into... boring. :/
    Other FB live events are in cool glass rooms, on a couch, showing a laid back look. They should always have a fun/bubbly female reading the questions, to lighten the mood and it makes it welcoming to other females that may be watching. BB get your stuff together and hope you learn for the next FB event.

What were your thoughts? Am i the only who thought this way?
    07-29-16 08:34 AM
    Am i the only who thought this way?
    Maybe..........seriously though, I thought their first attempt at this was ok except for the bad quality of Facebook. On my laptop, at least, the sound kept stuttering throughout the whole webcast. Video quality was good, sound not so good. As far as your "have a fun/bubbly female" comment, better start ducking lol.
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    07-29-16 08:40 AM
    by fun/bubbly i mean like a cheery person to bring a fun vibe to the room. I think diversity in these kinds of forums are needed.
    07-29-16 08:42 AM
    Yup, but is rough. These guys are probably stretched thin after so many layoffs. Preparing an event takes resources that at this point they don't have. You can see it across the board on their events. Usually look like a start up rather than a company well established.
    07-29-16 09:16 AM
    Yup, but is rough. These guys are probably stretched thin after so many layoffs. Preparing an event takes resources that at this point they don't have. You can see it across the board on their events. Usually look like a start up rather than a company well established.
    I definitely agree on the being stretched thin, especially BlackBerry's Global Head of Device Sales, Alex Thurber. But these are things they need to spend money on, they have cash at hand. they need to be more presentable.
    07-29-16 09:28 AM
    Haven't seen the Facebook Live Q&A, but I attended the Security Summit in NY. It was sparse compared to other BB events I have attended in the past, but also John Chen and Rudy Giuliani were there. That being said, I was shocked at the "stage" that was used for the DTEK50 announcement. Looks like it was broadcast from the garage..
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    07-29-16 09:32 AM
    Haven't seen the Facebook Live Q&A, but I attended the Security Summit in NY. It was sparse compared to other BB events I have attended in the past, but also John Chen and Rudy Giuliani were there. That being said, I was shocked at the "stage" that was used for the DTEK50 announcement. Looks like it was broadcast from the garage..
    SMH they brought Rudy Giuliani, probably not the best person to speak. this is how you know BB gripping for anything
    07-29-16 10:20 AM
    I think that a Canadian company especially in a security type of business well never be good at creating excitement or hoopla over their products.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 10:25 AM
    also what really bothered me was why werent they both in full view/frame... smh
    Attached Thumbnails Thoughts on BlackBerry's first Facebook Live Q&A-full-img.jpg  
    Last edited by nyplaya610; 07-29-16 at 11:12 AM.
    07-29-16 10:25 AM
    They look like a couple of stiffs in funeral suites, I agree a female touch would go over really well to lighten up the conversation.

Any suggestions on which female to hire I am sure the Yahoo CEO, will be looking for a new gig shortly.

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    07-29-16 12:04 PM
    SMH they brought Rudy Giuliani, probably not the best person to speak. this is how you know BB gripping for anything
    Actually he is (and has been) a big fan of Blackberry especially since he was Mayor in NYC during 9/11. BB's were extensively used during that time when the cellular grid went down. What pains me is how much BB must have paid to fly him in from the Republican Convention where he spoke the night before and then flew him back...
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    07-29-16 12:23 PM