I'm using a WP 8.1 phone right now: the browser, even after a clean wipe, crashes on almost 60-70% of the pages. WP must die, I'm glad BlackBerry chose Android.
    Which device do you have? If it supports Windows 10 you should definitely upgrade, Edge is a much better browser.
    02-05-17 10:52 AM
    A Lumia 630, which doesn't officially support Windows 10: I tried installing it, but it was painfully slow because of the lack of RAM.
    02-05-17 01:43 PM
    Where are all the windows phones? I have NEVER seen one in the wild, outside a windows store. Geesh they are rarer than BlackBerry phones...

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    Recently got one given... Nokia 800/WP 7.5

:-))

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    02-06-17 01:20 AM
    Recently got one given... Nokia 800/WP 7.5

:-))

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    That makes it a Prem-ier device
    02-06-17 03:18 AM
    Would have to agree with @Tim-ANC, while i think it would be awesome to have a W10M device, The OS is actually really cool.

They would have to pay Microsoft for the use of the software and the W10m market share is also very small. Plus, they have a similar situation to BB10 with Apps. Not everything is available. So i think it would be a very poor decision to go down that road. Especially since they have spent so much time investing in securing Android as best as possible

A nice thought though.
    Yeah, I don't expect much to come of Windows and Blackberry but, it would've been cool.
    02-06-17 06:49 AM
    Probably very unlikely, but it would be pretty cool to see a Blackberry smartphone run Windows Mobile. Alcatel did it with the Idol 4s, which was also TCL, so maybe another DTEK in the future?

In my opinion, Blackberry already has their own version of Android so I'd like to see what they could do with Windows, and just a Windows Blackberry in general sounds great.
    Sounds like putting a Yugo engine into a Chevy Aveo.
    02-06-17 07:02 AM
    I'll take that wouldn't be very preferable or just outright bad.
    02-07-17 06:58 AM
    Hahahaha the yugo nowhere motor in a car like the aveo is a perfect comparison

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-07-17 07:08 AM
    Apprently the ones built for the European market were much better and basically sent the crap to the US. Apparently easy to fix as well

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-07-17 07:09 AM
    Why go from one dying platform to another?

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    02-07-17 07:25 AM
    A Lumia 630, which doesn't officially support Windows 10: I tried installing it, but it was painfully slow because of the lack of RAM.
    Really don't understand why Microsoft's Phone lineup is full of dead ends... they were worse than BlackBerry about building devices that were obsolete before they went on sale, and were clearly not going to be in line for future major updates..... and expecting consumers to embrace them.
    02-07-17 07:44 AM
    I use Lumia 650 for work, as it is a corporate phone.

I receive 20 to 60 mails daily and countless whatsapp.

I don't like Window's UI at all, i find it somekind of stupid-simple if this word can explain, not Smart at all. And I don't know why but Windows OS seems to me as an incomplete effort.

Anyway, as a working phone, it is absolutely inconsistent and moreover, with only 1 G RAM, it is very slow, which makes it completely unbearable in switching between applications. It totally lacks the grafic clarity of a BlackBerry.

This is supposed to be a smartphone of a generation later than our BlackBerry10 Z30's or Passport but really after only one week with that Lumia as a daily driver and having a nervous breakdown it's normal.

Sorry for my bad english

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 08:00 AM
    Windows Phone is as dead as BB10.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/30/11...s-mobile-plans

Once you lose momentum in this race, you will struggle to get it back; much like Blackberry discovered with BB10.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-07-17 10:21 AM
    Go from one dead/dying OS to another. Would be a terrible move.
    02-07-17 10:23 AM
    Yeah. Anyone considering Windows Phone may want to read this article (and the comments below it) on CB's sister site:

Does Windows 10 Mobile have a future? | Windows Central
    02-07-17 10:38 AM
    Yeah. Anyone considering Windows Phone may want to read this article (and the comments below it) on CB's sister site:

Does Windows 10 Mobile have a future? | Windows Central

(Any thing Troy posts is worth repeating)

I read that a few days back. I'm going to give it a whirl anyway just to try it out if nothing else. I ordered a used Lumia 950XL yesterday. Yes, the future of WM is cloudy. However the future of BB10 is quite clear: It is going away. MS on the other hand is intent on progressing. Whether they salvage WM or achieve the goal of Universal Windows Platform remains to be seen.
    the1 likes this.
    02-07-17 11:49 AM
    Really don't understand why Microsoft's Phone lineup is full of dead ends... they were worse than BlackBerry about building devices that were obsolete before they went on sale, and were clearly not going to be in line for future major updates..... and expecting consumers to embrace them.
    Yeah, Microsoft initially listed it (along with other Lumias) as eligible for the updated, then... PlayBook-style on the RAM. They were right, though.
    02-07-17 01:42 PM
    Probably very unlikely, but it would be pretty cool to see a Blackberry smartphone run Windows Mobile. Alcatel did it with the Idol 4s, which was also TCL, so maybe another DTEK in the future?

In my opinion, Blackberry already has their own version of Android so I'd like to see what they could do with Windows, and just a Windows Blackberry in general sounds great.
    Exactly! I was a BB10 fan and now have to switch to Windows 10. Would be incredibly nice to buy BlackBerry with Windows 10.
    02-08-17 06:21 AM
    Why go from one dying platform to another?

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    Dying platform is better, than dead. And some platforms never had been alive, actually. (I'm talking not about Windows 10 or BB10 )
    Last edited by Kot Prada; 02-19-17 at 06:29 AM.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-08-17 06:23 AM
    Exactly! I was a BB10 fan and now have to switch to Windows 10. Would be incredibly nice to buy BlackBerry with Windows 10.
    Thank you! I hope Windows gets more popular so it can happen.
    02-08-17 07:41 AM
    02-17-17 04:34 AM
    A Mercury with Windows 10 Mobile would be nice.

The live tiles, once correctly configured, are really nice and efficient.

The Microsoft Store is not as bad as BBW, there is still support from Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp...

I wonder if TCL could just licence the keyboard from BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 10:43 AM
    A Mercury with Windows 10 Mobile would be nice.

The live tiles, once correctly configured, are really nice and efficient.

The Microsoft Store is not as bad as BBW, there is still support from Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp...

I wonder if TCL could just licence the keyboard from BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    There is a difference in those apps being "supported" and just still being there. The fact that TCL pulled the plug on the Windows powered Idole 4 Pro, and that no one else is making really doing anything with Windows 10 Mobile.... just don't see any future there.

As for the keyboard... who knows what the current licensing deal requires.... but I bet TCL has some flexibility.

Of course TCL owns Palm fully now, so they could do whatever they wanted with a keyboard based Palm keyboards.

But again, what's the point if 1) most people don't want a keyboard 2) most people don't want Windows Mobile. Some will argue both points, or claim we just haven't had the right form factor with the right OS.....
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-17-17 11:01 AM
    Our local mall Microsoft store stopped stocking windows phones quite a while ago.
    02-17-17 11:23 PM
    So according to a recent market share report, one zero meets another zero to deliver a product that nobody wants, that's what you sayin, right?

Babbu Maan fan club.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-17-17 11:48 PM
51 123