Yeah, it was bad. Starting out with a high five is always a bad idea And I wonder why they don't choose someone more charismatic than Thorsten to do most of the talking on stage.

From the press conference:
    Canadian Press: Alicia what exactly are you doing for BlackBerry?

Alicia: I am dedicated to this project. It's something that fits my life.

Huh..?

Also, Alicia as part of the company? ... who thought that up?

It was so, so bad...

And the biggest issue is a March release, by far. Why even have a super bowl ad?
    I remember that Volkswagen had a Superbowl ad a couple of years ago for the new Beetle about a year before it was due to go on sale.

Also, the iPhone 5 took a long time to reach some major markets.
    01-30-13 11:41 AM
    The presentation wasn't nothing special. Lacked far too many things. Alicia Keys looked like a fish out of water, and stuck to the script.People watching want to know battery life, specs, big titles coming etc. People now have to dig for information about the phone to see if it's for them. There was a lot of gaps.
    This is key! I dont think people will do the research. Thats why an apple release is geared at the 'average' person and gives the info to them.
    01-30-13 11:43 AM
    I remember that Volkswagen had a Superbowl ad a couple of years ago for the new Beetle about a year before it was due to go on sale.

Also, the iPhone 5 took a long time to reach some major markets.
    The difference being, those two products had a good reputation, whereas BB is trying to make a comeback and pull themselves away from exactly what they showed today...a boring, behind the times, predictable company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    mikeo007 and 00stryder like this.
    01-30-13 11:44 AM
    I'm heading to the bar afterwork and having a few cold ones. I want to be feeling comfortable when my Apple friends start jabbing me with quotes and mishaps from today's event.
    barragan likes this.
    01-30-13 11:50 AM
    It was underwhelming - there didn't seem to be any excitement on Thorsten or the audience's part.
    01-30-13 11:58 AM
    Iphone 5 may have been released by a company with a "good reputation" but it certainly fell well short of the mark when it came to Iphone 5 performance didn't it? Or is a disasterously short battery life not a big deal to the "average" guy on the street? What about complete countries being missing from it's touted map app?

So far all I'm hearing is complaints built upon very little foundation. The unveiling happened. I thought Mr Heins was relaxed and well spoken. I thought Alicia Keys portion was good. I liked that they referred to the phone as the Zed-10.

If being unhappy is what you want to be, by all means indulge yourselves.

To my way of thinking, the BEST way to share the experience is to see an actual Zed 10 and what it can do. The Brits get to do that tomorrow. We Canadians get to do that next Tuesday. The Americans? Well I'd be blaming the US carriers for that one!
    01-30-13 12:00 PM
    I'm heading to the bar afterwork and having a few cold ones. I want to be feeling comfortable when my Apple friends start jabbing me with quotes and mishaps from today's event.
    i dont think there were any mishaps... just not any OMGs
    01-30-13 12:02 PM
    That's it?? That's going to turn Blackberry around?? Yes, I'm disappointed too..... I MAY still get a BB 10, but after all the hype, I think they truly blew their chance at a real come back. And that ladies and gentlemen is really too bad IMO.
    01-30-13 12:02 PM
    Coming from a customer that RIM lost, I was not surprised by what happened today. Nothing revolutionary, nothing to pull me back in. They finally released a modern smartphone. But they still can't compete with much better phones that are on the market now and they're certainly not winning back any lost customers with this device. My feeling is that the diehard BB fans will eat this up while the rest won't care. Too little too late. It's too bad, I always follow RIM out of nostalgia from my first smartphone but it's just time to move on I guess.
    01-30-13 12:06 PM
    Iphone 5 may have been released by a company with a "good reputation" but it certainly fell well short of the mark when it came to Iphone 5 performance didn't it? Or is a disasterously short battery life not a big deal to the "average" guy on the street? What about complete countries being missing from it's touted map app?

So far all I'm hearing is complaints built upon very little foundation. The unveiling happened. I thought Mr Heins was relaxed and well spoken. I thought Alicia Keys portion was good. I liked that they referred to the phone as the Zed-10.

If being unhappy is what you want to be, by all means indulge yourselves.

To my way of thinking, the BEST way to share the experience is to see an actual Zed 10 and what it can do. The Brits get to do that tomorrow. We Canadians get to do that next Tuesday. The Americans? Well I'd be blaming the US carriers for that one!
    I think you're missing the point. Apple has built a superb reputation with their products over the past 4-5 years, therefore they are able to make a mistake or two and get away with it. BB is not in that position...they have pissed off a lot of folks over the last few years and needed to be more than just OK today...and they were far from it (in my opinion of course). The fact that they made no mention whatsoever of the battery or battery life, or the screen technology, or the voice search technology or even the processor or launch dates or costs of the phone is just mind blowing to be honest. That's the stuff that BB naysayers expected and what they didn't need to happen to make a clean turnaround.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-30-13 12:08 PM
    I think Thorsten Heins has all the charisma and personality of a piece of wooden wall paneling.....monotone and not dynamic AT ALL...additionally, on another thread, I stated my disappointment at having to wait ANOTHER f***ing 60 days for a Z10....BUT, as I said in ANOTHER thread, I can't blame BB for flippin' the finger to the US....the media here has done EVERYTHING it can to make owners of a BB jokes, embarrassments, "uncool" and all the other nonsense they've done for four years.
    Am I happy about March? No....but what am I going to do? Support child slavery and buy an iPhone? No. Embrace a buggy virus magnet and buy a droid? No. But if I'm gonna wait....maybe I'll say "f" it and get the Ubuntu phone
    01-30-13 12:09 PM
    Yes, presentation seemed a little flat but the big thing will be these devices will now get in the hands of reviewers and that will be the turning point. The device can speak for itself as far as I am concerned. So, poor - Launch as a whole and delay of qwerty device Great - features and benefits of BB10. Now it is out, it will now speak for itself. It is, hands down, a big time saver. That means more production and efficiency for personal and business users. A later US launch could help as there should be more pent up demand. BNN in Canada just reported that BB can't produce enough units fast enough to keep up with order demands. We do need to remember, this was a global launch, not just the US as Apple's launches have been. BB did a good job of including those other markets where Apple tends to be very US centric and just assumes everyone will be the same around the world. The proof will be in the pudding. I think if they manage to sell 4 million units in the first few months, that will be good! They may do better. Get the qwerty out soon!!!!
    01-30-13 12:09 PM
    That's it?? That's going to turn Blackberry around?? Yes, I'm disappointed too..... I MAY still get a BB 10, but after all the hype, I think they truly blew their chance at a real come back. And that ladies and gentlemen is really too bad IMO.
    Yeah, the demo was the SAME demo that we've all seen Vivek give since May '12
    01-30-13 12:11 PM
    The US release date stinks. I see lots of practical use in the OS. They are missing a golden opportunity in free advertising in advance of the US release by not pushing a BB10 update to existing PlayBooks.
    01-30-13 12:13 PM
    Disappointed! Unable to update playbook OS to BB10

When Apple release new IOS it is available for immediate download on the Iphone, Itouch and Ipad.
    01-30-13 12:15 PM
    As soon as I see a reasonable post from someone who actually knows what they are talking about, I will leave this thread to the wanna-seem-experts with some pretty low post counts.

There were no "mishaps" and. As soon as your so-called "Apple friends" want to call names just remind them of the iPhone 5 battery & map fail. More than "little mistakes" & their customers really don't forgive them for it.
    01-30-13 12:18 PM
    The OS looks Amazing. The amount of tasks performed without even opening an app was impressive. Its a better way to use mobile.

Its just too bad it leaked as much as it did but when you look at it compared to your competition it really does offer a better way to be mobile IMO.

Ill be getting one...in March Fml the wait is still not over! This was the biggest disappointment for me.

Its doubtful my PLAYBOOKs will get BlackBerry10 anytime soon either so I'm back to counting..ugh it sucks. I want a Q10 now.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 12:20 PM
    Coming from a customer that RIM lost, I was not surprised by what happened today. Nothing revolutionary, nothing to pull me back in. They finally released a modern smartphone. But they still can't compete with much better phones that are on the market now and they're certainly not winning back any lost customers with this device. My feeling is that the diehard BB fans will eat this up while the rest won't care. Too little too late. It's too bad, I always follow RIM out of nostalgia from my first smartphone but it's just time to move on I guess.
    I'm still going to keep my eye out on the Q10 but by the time it releases in the US it will be competing with the IPhone 6 (?) and the Galaxy S4. Diehard BB fans will be pleased but RIM needed to try to make a dent in the mainstream consumer market if they hope to take on the big 2.
    01-30-13 12:21 PM
    As soon as I see a reasonable post from someone who actually knows what they are talking about, I will leave this thread to the wanna-seem-experts with some pretty low post counts.

There were no "mishaps" and. As soon as your so-called "Apple friends" want to call names just remind them of the iPhone 5 battery & map fail. More than "little mistakes" & their customers really don't forgive them for it.
    Greater post counts = more knowledge? Sweet...let me test that out
    01-30-13 12:22 PM
    [QUOTE=As soon as I see a reasonable post from someone who actually knows what they are talking about, I will leave this thread to the wanna-seem-experts with some pretty low post counts.

There were no "mishaps" and. As soon as your so-called "Apple friends" want to call names just remind them of the iPhone 5 battery & map fail. More than "little mistakes" & their customers really don't forgive them for it.[/QUOTE]

If I post more, then I am smarter
    01-30-13 12:25 PM
    If I post more I am more of an expert
    01-30-13 12:26 PM
    Greater post counts = more knowledge? Sweet...let me test that out
    You see? You misunderstood the statement. I never equated the post count with expertise. I did, however, call into question the motivations of some posters with a very low post count.
    IfI post more I am more of an expert
    If I post more I am more of anexpert
    01-30-13 12:27 PM
    Whew....you're right! I'm already up to 131 posts, and I feel MUCH more like an expert....and talk about the quality of posts....wow
    Get real....what? You think a scientist that publishes MORE papers than Einstein, Tesla or Fermi or whomever makes him smarter than them? Puh-lease
    01-30-13 12:29 PM
173 1234 ...