Curious to see everyone's thoughts on what they saw today.

I can't say I was impressed. Thorsten looked uncomfortable and awkward. I thought he should have left the guy onstage by himself to do the overview vs standing over his shoulder begging the crowd for applause. There was no mention of specs, pricing, battery size/life, screen technology, or solid release dates. And where were the "surprises" he promised? It looked like a high school project.

Overall I give the unveil a 5 out of 10. I honestly think this could be the beginning of the end for BB...it was that bad in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Rainforrest likes this.
    01-30-13 10:52 AM
    They unveiled what I wanted in a smart phone. I am satisfied

Sent from my BlackBerry Laguna using Tapatalk 2
    Pegon_Fighter and jafrul like this.
    01-30-13 10:58 AM
    I was impressed until he said March for US carriers. Then I just walked away, disappointed.
    trsbbs, rnhld, hudsong and 7 others like this.
    01-30-13 11:00 AM
    I was slightly disappointed as well. Being big Blackberry followers we didn't really see anything new from the other demos posted here on Crackberry the last few months. I was SUPER stoked to see Skype and Rdio coming to BB10! Those are 2 of the 3 big apps I wanted.
    lexsteryo and robkd like this.
    01-30-13 11:01 AM
    Yeah, it was bad. Starting out with a high five is always a bad idea And I wonder why they don't choose someone more charismatic than Thorsten to do most of the talking on stage.

From the press conference:
    Canadian Press: Alicia what exactly are you doing for BlackBerry?

Alicia: I am dedicated to this project. It's something that fits my life.

Huh..?

Also, Alicia as part of the company? ... who thought that up?

It was so, so bad...

And the biggest issue is a March release, by far. Why even have a super bowl ad?
    jegs2, bk1022 and 00stryder like this.
    01-30-13 11:03 AM
    Didn't anybody "professional" look that presentation over before the event?? That was one of the worst presentations I've seen in a very long time. This was our big chance to show and tell the world how great this software is and we blew it. Stumbled through a pathetic presentation. Ok, venting here, but dang guys... Big launch in NY and the phones don't come out until March? What about current software updates?? What about all the new software capabilities other corporations are buying into?? Who put that together????
    01-30-13 11:03 AM
    I have to admit that the presentation didn't have that WOW factor for me but I have only myself to blame. It's my fault that I have been so overly obsessed these passed months. I have seen every leak and every possible detail so for me to expect a surprise is kind of silly.

That being said I did see some really cool features that I had known about but not seen in action. Not to mention the insane amount of awesome apps on the platform before it has even launched!

My biggest disappointment was like you said, it seemed awkward. I can't say much because if I was unveiling a brand new platform and I was being broadcast live across the globe with ALL eyes on me, I wouldn't be the most comfortable either. Good job to Thorsten and the gang, I will be pre-ordering my Z10 today in about an hour!
    01-30-13 11:04 AM
    I was impressed until he said March for US carriers. Then I just walked away, disappointed.
    You and a ton of other folks as well.

Tim
    01-30-13 11:05 AM
    Vapor ware isn't here yet this is what we will do in the future. Where is my OS for the PB.
    01-30-13 11:06 AM
    So what were the BIG surprises that they announced? Everyone was saying they would "wow" us with something big, so i'm just curious what it was?
    01-30-13 11:10 AM
    So what were the BIG surprises that they announced? Everyone was saying they would "wow" us with something big, so i'm just curious what it was?
    I honestly think that was supposed to be Alicia Keys. However, no one I spend time around cares about celebrities. I guess some people do...
    01-30-13 11:12 AM
    Alicia's *** is pretty big and her coming on stage was a bit of a surprise. You do the math

01-30-13 11:12 AM
    I did feel like RIM could of spent more time unveiling more of the software. Don't get me wrong I like the presentation, and I think this is a good step for RIM. But, I was expecting a mention of Voice control, Maps, BB Travel and maybe even a glimpse of what there working on for the PB as well as a better look at the q10, Which looks gorgeous.
    npisano and 00stryder like this.
    01-30-13 11:13 AM
    Skype and Alicia Keys wowed me. Didn't see that coming. Another thing that wowed me was how much your able to do in the hub without opening a single app.

Very impressive for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    si001, undone, 416to604 and 2 others like this.
    The whole unveiling of BB10 looked like a bored shareholders meeting complete with stiff presenters and dead air. The platform itself looked pretty impressive but one wouldn't know given the lukewarm responses coming from the audience and people present.

Thorsten looked like he just left the office and was forced to make a eulogy speech
    Acumenight likes this.
    My wow factor was WOW this presentation sucks.lol
    01-30-13 11:14 AM
    Poorly executed.

Alicia Keys? Come on.

March for USA? Come on.

Get it together RIM...errr I mean BlackBerry.
    trsbbs and OMGitworks like this.
    01-30-13 11:15 AM
    Some people are never satisfied. Some people like to moan for the sake of hearing their own whines.
    01-30-13 11:15 AM
    My wow factor was WOW this presentation sucks.lol
    Where the F was Alec? He is the only decent speaker in the company when it comes to big events.
    01-30-13 11:17 AM
    Some people are never satisfied. Some people like to moan for the sake of hearing their own whines.
    I didn't start this thread for us to attack each other...I just wanted to get an idea of what people thought of the presentation.

mikeo007, jafrul and 00stryder like this.
    01-30-13 11:18 AM
    ...Or some people just found it underwhelming. I did. It wasn't a disaster, it was just "meh" (which, unfortunately from the reviews, seems to match the product). Even the crowds at the events seemed disengaged. It kinda seemed half backed like they didn't prepare enough for it. This was supposed to be a big marketing event that would save the company - instead we got an hour long tech demo showing what we've already seen with pauses by the presenters for applause that never came (or came from a couple people in the front row who felt bad Heins was the only one clapping).
    Acumenight and 00stryder like this.
    01-30-13 11:22 AM
    I didn't start this thread for us to attack each other...I just wanted to get an idea of what people thought of the presentation.

Thanks for starting the thread. I'm positive there were many out there thinking the same thing. I sure hope somebody that works in the corporate HQ reads these.
    Monsterlad and ELavar like this.
    01-30-13 11:25 AM
    The presentation wasn't nothing special. Lacked far too many things. Alicia Keys looked like a fish out of water, and stuck to the script.People watching want to know battery life, specs, big titles coming etc. People now have to dig for information about the phone to see if it's for them. There was a lot of gaps.
    01-30-13 11:25 AM
    I was disappointed too.... I mean, no fireworks? Come on.
    01-30-13 11:30 AM
    It started with a few promo videos and a long haired geek getting a hair cut.... and went down from there.

What they showed of the OS did look really cool and there were a few surprises. But RIM/BlackBerry let too much info out before hand.

Even the news of Skype isn't that great, because they didn't show it... just said they have a commitment.
    mabaseball28 likes this.
    01-30-13 11:40 AM
173 123 ...