....not the "Only post articles that makes RIM look good" forum. The article I posted about Oracle being a suitor to buying RIM I thought was a "rumor"...I guess not.
    08-25-11 10:15 PM
    Because it isn't plausible.

It gets old to us.
    I stopped even looking at them. lol
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    08-25-11 10:32 PM
    ....not the "Only post articles that makes RIM look good" forum. The article I posted about Oracle being a suitor to buying RIM I thought was a "rumor"...I guess not.
    Apparently you haven't been reading this sub-forum for very long. As of 3 weeks ago or longer, this sub-forum more resembled a "Let's bash RIM every moment we can" forum. Things have quieted down recently.
    08-25-11 10:52 PM
    RIM can't be acquired. Mike L and Jim B hold the balance of the voting shares and want to remain independent.
    Actually... Mike and Jim combined hold about 10% of the stock. That's not a whole lot if a big name player wanted to jump in and throw their weight in. Mike and Jim simply hold the largest combined share out of all the shareholders at the moment. If somebody were to come in with billions and make a move, there's not a whole lot they could do about it.
    08-25-11 10:55 PM
    Actually... Mike and Jim combined hold about 10% of the stock. That's not a whole lot if a big name player wanted to jump in and throw their weight in. Mike and Jim simply hold the largest combined share out of all the shareholders at the moment. If somebody were to come in with billions and make a move, there's not a whole lot they could do about it.
    There's a difference between common shares and voting shares, or at least there can be. I don't know the details for RIM specifically, but it's very possible to have different classes of stock in a company, and I believe that's what BLACKBERRY_FANBOY_ was saying. They only own 10% of common shares, if they own more of a different class I don't know.
    08-26-11 01:09 AM
    NOOO!!!!!! Keep iCoke Apple free

This is the thinnest lightest can of Coke to date, it has no Coke. Less is not more.

I love freaking out to unsubstantiated rumors.
    you have to buy the iCokeCan

then buy the Coke from the iBeverage service products purchased from iBeverage service can be stored in non iCokeCans but may need conversions, non iBeverage products may be used in iCokeCan's but may not taste the same because of improper labeling
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-26-11 02:37 AM
    Apparently you haven't been reading this sub-forum for very long. As of 3 weeks ago or longer, this sub-forum more resembled a "Let's bash RIM every moment we can" forum. Things have quieted down recently.
    Not so much bashing RIM, but we have seen a huge increase in pasting third party opinion articles, often inadequately disguised as reviews or stock manipulation reports. They are neither news nor real rumor about BlackBerry products. All they achieve is to push the useful content - real information which interests users - off the first page and out of sight.
    drjay868 likes this.
    08-26-11 05:12 AM

Please show me how the Orcale Article was a RUMOR or NEWS?
    It was a speculation and conjecture piece, not founded on anything.

I could write a "rumor" that Apple was buying Coke Cola, they have the funds, it is a successful brand, and they have excellent marketing.

is that a valid rumor? or blatant speculation?
    08-26-11 05:28 AM

I could write a "rumor" that Apple was buying Coke Cola, they have the funds, it is a successful brand, and they have excellent marketing.

NOOO!!!!!! Keep iCoke Apple free

This is the thinnest lightest can of Coke to date, it has no Coke. Less is not more.

I love freaking out to unsubstantiated rumors.
    08-26-11 06:02 AM
    I believe that one also has to look at the intent of the posted material.
    There is an enormous difference between a well written albeit speculative article and an inflamatory load of unsubstantiated and indefensible rhetoric.
    The oracle article more closely resembled the latter.
    08-26-11 06:42 AM

I actually saw that article posted(RT'd) on Twitter from 3 long time BlackBerry users one of who is a Moderator of BlackBerry forums. I agree it was speculation for sure but the author wasn't trying to bash RIM with the article. Simply trying to offer a good alternative to who could buy RIM. Other acquisitions in the mobile industry were mentioned so it wasn't inflammatory. We didn't delete Kevin's article when he posted about Google buying RIM.
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    08-26-11 07:37 AM
    I actually saw that article posted(RT'd) on Twitter from 3 long time BlackBerry users one of who is a Moderator of BlackBerry forums. I agree it was speculation for sure but the author wasn't trying to bash RIM with the article. Simply trying to offer a good alternative to who could buy RIM. Other acquisitions in the mobile industry were mentioned so it wasn't inflammatory. We didn't delete Kevin's article when he posted about Google buying RIM.
    I actually have no issue with the Article being posted I read it, I thought it was foolish to think Oracle had the money, or the ability to Manage and improve RIM so I moved on.

I have the issue with the OP's crying his post was closed as he felt it should have stayed open because it was a rumor, it was a speculation opinion piece not a rumor.
    08-26-11 07:51 AM
    I actually have no issue with the Article being posted I read it, I thought it was foolish to think Oracle had the money, or the ability to Manage and improve RIM so I moved on.

I have the issue with the OP's crying his post was closed as he felt it should have stayed open because it was a rumor, it was a speculation opinion piece not a rumor.
    Hey you need to get off the forums and watch Suits!! It was great last night.

About the thread, I think the OP is new & was more just wondering what happened to the thread. I dunno. But yes, no Oracle. No buyout period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 08:37 AM
    The one area that bugs me is the lack of interest or fairplay when it comes
    to Shape Serrvices and IM+ by Crackberry.com.

CB has not put anything on the front page about the continued abuse
    that Shape is going through at the hands of RIM.

RIM has the program and has once again gone silent and broke a promise.

It took tons of pressure to get CB to post the first one and they don't seem interested in following up.

Friendly to RIM but not so friendly to Devs that have a problem with RIM.

Too bad. CB has some pull with RIM but choose not to use it.

Yes, if it's good news then its on the website. Bad news is moved, deleted or
    simply ignored.

Yes, the bashing gets/got old, but I think CB has gone too far the other way and is now appears to be part of the cover-up.

When several other websites carry something and CB is silent it does not reflect well on CB as being a place for news...and news can be good and bad.

Tim
    08-26-11 08:50 AM
    As stated above, an article where a blogger speculates about his opinion as to who may be a suitable buyer for RIM is neither news, nor rumour. Had the article claimed knowledge that Oracle is interested in buying RIM, then the OP may have had a valid complaint.
    Last edited by murnende; 08-26-11 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Stupid errors
    08-26-11 09:07 AM
    Not so much bashing RIM, but we have seen a huge increase in pasting third party opinion articles, often inadequately disguised as reviews or stock manipulation reports. They are neither news nor real rumor about BlackBerry products. All they achieve is to push the useful content - real information which interests users - off the first page and out of sight.
    People take time to contribute articles from valid news sources (Forbes, WSJ, Canada News, other) to your forum under the "NEWS & RUMORS" category and because the articles might mention stock price you think stock manipulation? Do you really think Crackberry forums will drive a stock price? More than a little grandiose, but let's run with it...

Perceived Posting Rule #1 - No mention of stock price or post gets deleted for fear of a "vast right wing conspiracy" to manipulate stock price by virtue of posting said article to Crackberry.com

Perceived Posting Rule #2 - Post must include a "real rumor" or it gets deleted. Where do I get my rumor substantiated as real? I must have missed that memo.

Perceived Posting Rule #3 - If the moderator doesn't like the content and can't refute the views presented the OP gets labeled a "troll" and submitted content categorized as "spam"

Perceived Posting Rule #4 - If the post under "NEWS & RUMOR" does not include "useful content" it will be deleted. "Useful content" must have been defined in the same memo from #2 above.

Perceived Posting Rule #5 - The article or blog submitted under "RIM/Blackberry NEWS & RUMOR" must never, ever, contain any opinion, analysis or original thought or it is immediately declared nefarious. Evidently no room for opinion, analysis or original thought in a forum for "NEWS & RUMOR"

Perceived Posting Rule #6 - Yes, it IS your sandbox and your rules. You do what you like (and you will), but hasty generalizations on your part is stifling a whole slew of interesting debate and banter which can be both enlightening and entertaining, as long as a civility between posters is honored and the evident RIM bashing that can exist doesn't take over the thread.

If you seriously want to examine stock price manipulation, the first five people you may want to confer with are the two CEO's and three CFO's in Waterloo.

I enjoy Crackberry.com in general... but I am tepid on heavy-handed whimsied censorship.
    Last edited by Buzz_Dengue; 08-26-11 at 10:31 AM.
    08-26-11 09:35 AM
    The problem is that RIM bashing *had* in fact taken over so many of the threads. A few months back the forum was an unpleasant place to visit...I used to come in, read a few posts from select members, and run. Then Kevin did his cleanup act and the site is enjoyable again.
    Don't be too dismissive of articles on forums being used in stock manipulation attempts. I still have seen nothing to get me off the idea that those anonymous letters were not in fact a nicely orchestrated plan to bring stocks down. The market is a nasty place. It's cut throat. And interested parties will use whatever means at their disposal. An article on a blog or website has enormously long legs.
    08-26-11 11:48 AM
    I didn't catch that Tweet, but I've Tweeted and Retweeted many articles that do not necessarily always paint RIM (or Apple or Google or Microsoft) in a positive light.
    08-26-11 12:14 PM
    The one area that bugs me is the lack of interest or fairplay when it comes
    to Shape Serrvices and IM+ by Crackberry.com.

CB has not put anything on the front page about the continued abuse
    that Shape is going through at the hands of RIM.

RIM has the program and has once again gone silent and broke a promise.

It took tons of pressure to get CB to post the first one and they don't seem interested in following up.

Friendly to RIM but not so friendly to Devs that have a problem with RIM.

Too bad. CB has some pull with RIM but choose not to use it.

Yes, if it's good news then its on the website. Bad news is moved, deleted or
    simply ignored.

Yes, the bashing gets/got old, but I think CB has gone too far the other way and is now appears to be part of the cover-up.

When several other websites carry something and CB is silent it does not reflect well on CB as being a place for news...and news can be good and bad.

Tim
    People take time to contribute articles from valid news sources (Forbes, WSJ, Canada News, other) to your forum under the "NEWS & RUMORS" category and because the articles might mention stock price you think stock manipulation? Do you really think Crackberry forums will drive a stock price? More than a little grandiose, but let's run with it...

Perceived Posting Rule #1 - No mention of stock price or post gets deleted for fear of a "vast right wing conspiracy" to manipulate stock price by virtue of posting said article to Crackberry.com

Perceived Posting Rule #2 - Post must include a "real rumor" or it gets deleted. Where do I get my rumor substantiated as real? I must have missed that memo.

Perceived Posting Rule #3 - If the moderator doesn't like the content and can't refute the views presented the OP gets labeled a "troll" and submitted content categorized as "spam"

Perceived Posting Rule #4 - If the post under "NEWS & RUMOR" does not include "useful content" it will be deleted. "Useful content" must have been defined in the same memo from #2 above.

Perceived Posting Rule #5 - The article or blog submitted under "RIM/Blackberry NEWS & RUMOR" must never, ever, contain any opinion, analysis or original thought or it is immediately declared nefarious. Evidently no room for opinion, analysis or original thought in a forum for "NEWS & RUMOR"

Perceived Posting Rule #6 - Yes, it IS your sandbox and your rules. You do what you like (and you will), but hasty generalizations on your part is stifling a whole slew of interesting debate and banter which can be both enlightening and entertaining, as long as a civility between posters is honored and the evident RIM bashing that can exist doesn't take over the thread.

If you seriously want to examine stock price manipulation, the first five people you may want to confer with are the two CEO's and three CFO's in Waterloo.

I enjoy Crackberry.com in general... but I am tepid on heavy-handed whimsied censorship.
    I would suggest following some of the sites that post these articles on Twitter and retweeting them or replying to them if you find them useful.

Twitter is probably a better place than CrackBerry for news, since you will find tweets from just about everyone, so you can examine all viewpoints, not just the viewpoints that fit a certain opinion. It's like general news. If you want all sides of the story, you need to check CNN and Fox News, not just the news site that conforms to your own political opinion.
    08-26-11 12:23 PM
    Hey you need to get off the forums and watch Suits!! It was great last night.

About the thread, I think the OP is new & was more just wondering what happened to the thread. I dunno. But yes, no Oracle. No buyout period.

The OP registered in 2008 . That's as new as me

As for Suits I have it on my computer watching it tonight!!

Saw your tweet about it!

08-26-11 12:42 PM
    you have to buy the iCokeCan

then buy the Coke from the iBeverage service products purchased from iBeverage service can be stored in non iCokeCans but may need conversions, non iBeverage products may be used in iCokeCan's but may not taste the same because of improper labeling
    Aw man, you try to make it sound so bad. It isn't a bad way to run things to offer the best services for your products on your own - especially if Apples services are easily the best for their own product.
    08-26-11 01:19 PM
    i thought the issue was simply that the section has been overrun with TONS of "RIM to be sold" RIM to be bought" etc etc... and it simply is not going to happen.
    08-26-11 03:04 PM

Very true! Please rename this forum to the following....

"Valid News & Valid Rumors"

...ya know - for those overly sensitive and technical types.

Goodness people. It's as simple as moving on to the next thread rather than trying to impose more rules.
    08-26-11 04:24 PM
    Where's the news or rumor in this thread? Shouldn't this thread be in Rants & Raves?
    08-26-11 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD