Edit title "into cars"

Also thought I read about a deal with audi, hmm.. Audi and Google bringing Android to next generation of cars | Digital Trends

Z30, a bit in the heavy side but the Carbonate beta case rocks!
    12-30-13 10:55 PM
    I do believe they've been a little preoccupied with survival to be able to branch out into other things right now. Google and Apple both have money to burn, so if they want to get into the in-car infotainment business, there's little to stop them.
    12-30-13 11:43 PM
    Have you guys not seen the car they are going to be reveling and CES? Check the QNX website looks pretty interesting!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:07 AM
    BB may not be first, but it sounds like they def have an eye on this space and it will be sooner than later... from Chen's latest letter (the one quoted in the front-page CB article);

"QNX has always been one of our most exciting technologies and it is poised for further growth. Already the dominant machine-to-machine technology of the automotive industry, new capabilities and cloud services are being unveiled at CES in January, and we're looking toward adjacent verticals for expansion."

i know a lot of people here have been calling for this for a while, me included... as BergerKing said, I think they might not have been in financial position to try something like this before (and might not technically still be), but Chen seems to be recognizing it's a market at the very early stages with a lot of growth potential- much like smartphones were when BB captured a large market share there, and is dedicated to being one of the early players no matter the cost...
    12-31-13 01:21 AM
    Well the truth is QNX is already in cars today and has been for years. You just can't see it.

The concepts they've demo'd for the last few years have been fantastic, but as we all know none of it has come to market yet.. hopefully sooner then later or they will be beat to the punch.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 01:25 AM