EDIT: mods please delete this useless thread. I just realised the PB has this exact "Demo mode" i was talking about below, obviously many stores don't know about it though.

Just thinking about the demo models of playbook when I go into stores. They are usually sitting there blank, or what I call the black screen effect, as some people simply are not used to the swiping controls.

Since BB10 is the next iteration of swiping controls would it make sense for RIM to have a demo mode (screen saver mode) that runs a little video loop on the phone itself, showing how to control the phone?

I think we will all agree you don't always get the best customer service now-a-days, and I think this would help stem the black screen effect, where the phone is just sitting there because no one knows how to use it. I'm sure they will have display booths too, but not all stores have lots of room for big displays.

Anyway, just a thought.
    Last edited by playboldbook; 01-18-13 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Didn't do proper research, thread is not useful to community
    01-18-13 10:40 AM