Can I understand why aren't you already on Samsung or HTC or other Android smartphones?

Just to understand why...

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    08-25-15 07:37 AM
    I see one obvious reason.

The physical keyboard.
    08-25-15 07:41 AM
    That's what I would like to know. If some of the people here on CrackBerry love android so much, then go buy android devices and go hang out at android central and leave us loyal BlackBerry and BB10 users alone instead of trying to convert BlackBerry and it's users to trashdroid.
    08-25-15 07:42 AM
    Good point. Perhaps they want the android experience with BlackBerry enhanced features and software.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 07:42 AM
    Can I understand why aren't you already on Samsung or HTC or other Android smartphones?

I would rather have a vibrant BB10 ecosystem and a BB10 OS that is continuing to be developed amid great sales figures.

But since none of that is true, I prefer a BlackBerry-branded Android to vanilla Android, Windows Phone, or iPhone. There are no other options on the table.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-25-15 07:45 AM

Many didn't understand the move from BBOS to BB10....

A true modern smartphone needs to be able to run apps.... BB10 is "stealing" for the Google platform, and to make the most of it you have to install "patches".... something that NO self respecting IT Department is going to approve. BlackBerry isn't doing this for a few CrackBerry fans that want apps, they are doing it for their enterprise customers that are leaving BlackBerry due to the devices not providing what they need... in an official and approved way.

I think there was a poll here that showed the majority don't want it happen.... but that doesn't change the fact that BB10 isn't getting the job done.
    08-25-15 07:46 AM
    BB10 is "stealing" for the Google platform
    Wow are you delusional. It's a runtime and there is nothing "stealing" about it.
    zlatno, flightmech and z3user like this.
    08-25-15 07:49 AM

Maybe they just like BlackBerry hardware. Just like how some may prefer Samsung's, LG's or Sony's hardware. If they're going to switch to android and they would just prefer to be using Android on BlackBerry's hardware then that's a possible reason. On the other hand, it's better for stick to a company that will offer good software update support. If they're to go with a "less-premium", then it's quite possible that they'd be stuck with what ever OK it was still with. Some people want apps. I mean I'm here still stuck in Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582, and another friend of mine with the same device has the same OS, no updates received to date. I don't mind using BlackBerry OS, but if they going offer the option to run android apps and it doesn't work as well as it does on a low end android device (based on my experience) then they might as well switch to offer a better end user experience.

* just my thoughts *

Posted via CB10
    zlatno and Xaiux like this.
    08-25-15 07:52 AM
    Wow are you delusional. It's a runtime and there is nothing "stealing" about it.
    He's not talking about the runtime. He's referring to the fact that a growing majority of Android apps require Google Play Services in order to function, which requires elaborate and extralegal workarounds.
    08-25-15 07:55 AM
    That's what I would like to know. If some of the people here on CrackBerry love android so much, then go buy android devices and go hang out at android central and leave us loyal BlackBerry and BB10 users alone instead of trying to convert BlackBerry and it's users to trashdroid.
    Perhaps because they love BBRY but they don't let their appreciation of an OS, device or brand history so overwhelm them with emotion that they throw a tantrum about the realities of ROI, timing and brand fatigue. I think that could be the reason.
    08-25-15 07:57 AM
    He's not talking about the runtime. He's referring to the fact that a growing majority of Android apps require Google Play Services in order to function, which requires elaborate and extralegal workarounds.
    Sorry, I didn't know YOU knew exactly what HE was talking about.
    08-25-15 07:57 AM
    Not really stealing. Piggybacking is a better description. Still can't deny though that BB10 is heavily dependent on Android apps. The numerous workaround threads here at CB confirms that.

Posted via C5303
    08-25-15 07:59 AM
    To those who want BlackBerry to go Android-untitled-11-_edit_edit_edit_edit.jpg

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    08-25-15 07:59 AM

I feel like a lot of the most devout Blackberry loyalists frequently misunderstand more neutral forum members.

Not many on the board want Blackberry to go Android or are ecstatic about it. We're just calling as it is. Blackberry is likely going Android and it makes financial sense.

Now there probably are some forum members who have always wanted a Blackberry Android since the beginning; but, I don't think I've come across more than 5 such members after all my time on here.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 08-25-15 at 08:19 AM.
    08-25-15 08:03 AM
    Uh because I like BlackBerry phones. It's a pretty easy answer I am surprised you had to start a thread to find out. Android BlackBerry will be my third BlackBerry operating system java os ->bb10->android. BlackBerry makes great hardware software has always been their weakness.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:05 AM

To pi$$ off BB10 fanboys... Kidding!

I prefer BlackBerry's hardware (Venice) and Android's versatility.

Posted via C5303
    Xaiux likes this.
    08-25-15 08:07 AM
    Sorry, I didn't know YOU knew exactly what HE was talking about.

Call it what you want..... hacks, cracks, patches, backdoors, side stepping the rules. SNAP and Cobalt's solutions are not usable for Enterprise, they are hobbyist tools.

Chen has seen the sales info. He knows who is and who isn't buying BB10 phones. And he knows who he has more of an opportunity to increase revenues with. ENTERPRISE.

But I imagine that enterprise is telling his sales people that BB10 doesn't "officially" meet their needs...and if it isn't official, it really doesn't existing. I don't know if Chen can make Android as secure as BB10... but I don't believe Chen really cares. If he can sell more Android Devices than he did BB10 devices... that is all his stockholder expect of him. Chen is not EMOTIONAL about hardware or software.. he is a businessman.
    techvisor and BB4matt like this.
    08-25-15 08:23 AM
    I feel like a lot of the most devout Blackberry loyalists frequently misunderstand more neutral forum members.
    Talk about diplomacy. " Devout" is a kind characterization LOL.
    LazyEvul, DrBoomBotz and reeneebob like this.
    08-25-15 08:26 AM
    BlackBerry themselves contemplate a migration to Android. Thank those who are willing to adapt. They are true BlackBerry loyalists who stand by the Brand through thick and thin.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:29 AM
    It is really as simple that the vast majority of people don't care about the ease of use that BlackBerry brings. That may sound stupid but Android and IOS do 90% of the same things that BB10 does though not as nice. But the tradeoff comes in that it isn't as easy to get all the apps that are out there, developers are going to make their apps for ecosytems where they can make money and with BB having a low single digit marketshare the money isn't there to be made.

BlackBerry in my opinion is/will only be in the hardware business to show off what their software can do. They have to go after every major OS out there to get some money rolling in so what better way that to build a phone with a competitors OS with BB software baked in to secure it and show them what BB can do.

I myself have been using BlackBerry's since the first phone came out and have had almost every BlackBerry ever made, I switched phones constantly to try everything out. I recently switched to the S6 Edge. The biggest thing I miss is the Hub, really nothing else that BB10 brings doesn't make me miss BlackBerry.
    08-25-15 08:30 AM
    I would rather have a vibrant BB10 ecosystem and a BB10 OS that is continuing to be developed amid great sales figures.

But since none of that is true, I prefer a BlackBerry-branded Android to vanilla Android, Windows Phone, or iPhone. There are no other options on the table.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    ^^^This. It's not a matter of *want* as much as it is a concession to what's likely to come. You can fight it if you want, but it won't change anything. I'm a BlackBerry user/stockholder for a reason and the OS won't change that.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:33 AM
    In my opinion, BB10 is the best mobile OS by a long way. I'm sure this is a point of view shared by the majority of people on this site.

The trouble is the rest of the world doesn't think the same. The 'app gap' is a real problem. Had BB10 arrived much earlier then things might be different but they are not, no matter how you look at it BB10 has failed. It is not unsustainable as a niche OS that is used by a vanishingly small percentage of the smartphone market. If Blackberry is to survive making any kind of phone then building on Android looks like the best possibility for them to be able to sell enough smartphones to remain in this market.

I don't like it, I bet the BlackBerry board doesn't like it, I'm also sure most of us BB fans don't like it but that doesn't matter. Currently, building on Android is probably the best way for BB to survive as a smartphone manufacturer.

And. yes, it is the end of BB10 and I am very sad about that too.
    08-25-15 08:34 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled(11)_edit_edit_edit_edit.jpg 
Views:	2255 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	368335

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    I prefer crankberry myself....cranberry.com domain might be taken already :P

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    08-25-15 08:38 AM
    Also Snap is against the "Terms of Service" of Google play. So in theory Google could block access to Snap at any time.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-25-15 08:43 AM
    I understand that BlackBerry is a private company that must look for profit... if BlackBerry 10 is not the way then they must move forward.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:48 AM
286 123 ...