Today my sister called me because she was having issues with her BBM. I was busy so I told her to do a battery pull & see if that fixes the problem. She didn�t know what I was talking about. Turns out that this is the FIRST time she has EVER had an issue with her Bold 9780 since she purchased it 2 years ago. She got the 9780 shortly after it came out. The only time the phone has been rebooted is after having installed programs. This peaked my interest & so I started troubleshooting her issue. Turns out she had accidently hidden her BBM icon. We un-hid the icon & she was good to go, no battery pull needed. That means that she has had a Bold 9780 for 2 years & never had it lockup or had to pull the battery.

If you ask me, that�s pretty good.

DISCLAIMER:
    I�ve never had that kinda stability with any of my BB�s�.though I�m also always
    installing Beta Apps & leaked OS�s on them so I can�t expect absolute stability.
    Cesare21 likes this.
    08-05-12 10:34 PM
    Well, not two years, but actually the better-half's 9810 is in the same situation as your sister's 9780. Prev she was with Android (actually liked it quite) and iPhone (no good experience at all), but after getting the slider Torch - in love with it. It works so great for her, also the battery life is good - can make it for two days with her usage pattern, that I am not allowed to do any twaeking or upgrading the OS on the phone - just not to "mees" anything.

The same - no idea what's that a battery pull
    anjali_jain likes this.
    08-06-12 01:08 AM
    alt+right shift+delete.............when i need to reboot, no idea what's that a battery pull ............
    08-06-12 01:23 AM
    If you barely do anything with your BB, it'll be stable.

Let's hear her stories after adding 200+ BBM contacts, 2 emails and 4 BBM groups.
    08-06-12 12:28 PM
    If you barely do anything with your BB, it'll be stable.

Let's hear her stories after adding 200+ BBM contacts, 2 emails and 4 BBM groups.
    So, because I don't have hundreds of BBM contacts of belong to several BBM Groups, I must not do anything with my phone. I guess that explains why I don't have any issues, either. This statement is absurd. Name another platform that you can even do that on, and then you can complain all you want.

God help me.
    08-06-12 01:33 PM
    I work with a guy who would put every leaked and hybrid OS on his BB and never stop complaining about how bad it was. He sold it to another guy in our office who wiped it and has had zero problems with it.

My Torch and my lady's Torch never need rebooting except for app removal which we hardly ever do.
    08-06-12 04:34 PM
    So, because I don't have hundreds of BBM contacts of belong to several BBM Groups, I must not do anything with my phone. I guess that explains why I don't have any issues, either. This statement is absurd. Name another platform that you can even do that on, and then you can complain all you want.

God help me.
    Am I really supposed to name another platform that replicates one of RIM devices selling points?

Really?

The topic is about stability and reliability of BB devices...and I find that my flagship BB OS7 device is nowhere near stable and reliable when I make good use of a heavily touted first party messaging service called BBM. You know, the service that is keeping RIM out of bankruptcy right now.
    08-06-12 04:56 PM
    alt+right shift+delete.............when i need to reboot, no idea what's that a battery pull ............
    Seconded. In 8 years of BB use, no one has been able to convince me that a battery pull is a "better" way to reboot.

Although I use a reboot scheduler now, for immediate reboots, the key combo is the way to go.
    08-06-12 05:55 PM
    Battery pull works great for unskilled non computer people who have no ability to learn why these devices do what they do. People like me.
    08-06-12 06:08 PM
    Am I really supposed to name another platform that replicates one of RIM devices selling points?

Really?

The topic is about stability and reliability of BB devices...and I find that my flagship BB OS7 device is nowhere near stable and reliable when I make good use of a heavily touted first party messaging service called BBM. You know, the service that is keeping RIM out of bankruptcy right now.
    Yeah, name one. If BB does such a horrible job at something you find so important, then why aren't you using, you know, one of those myriad other devices which by your account does it as well or better, instead of taking the opportunity to come pi$$ on another initially positive thread?

McDonalds chicken sandwiches suck, but I won't go to KFC just so I can keep ******** about McDonalds. Pppffffffftttttttt.
    hpjrt, anjali_jain and Bobcat665 like this.
    08-06-12 06:24 PM
    Seconded. In 8 years of BB use, no one has been able to convince me that a battery pull is a "better" way to reboot.

Although I use a reboot scheduler now, for immediate reboots, the key combo is the way to go.
    Word I've heard is, if you pull the battery and leave it out for a minute or so, it discharges any residual current that may be remaining in the circuitry, which doesn't happen with the three-finger salute. Personally I think that's horsehockey, but that's what I heard.
    08-06-12 06:28 PM
    I never had to restart my flip phones either back in the day
    08-06-12 06:44 PM
    Yeah, name one. If BB does such a horrible job at something you find so important, then why aren't you using, you know, one of those myriad other devices which by your account does it as well or better, instead of taking the opportunity to come pi$$ on another initially positive thread?

McDonalds chicken sandwiches suck, but I won't go to KFC just so I can keep ******** about McDonalds. Pppffffffftttttttt.
    Perhaps I would if I could...perhaps. But there's no replacing BBM for me.

I will be first in line to get a BB10 device as I truly believe it will solve all these problems.

This is not about being a 'positive thread'...it's a discussion on OS6/7 stability/reliability in a public forum. Am i not supposed to share my own (sub-optimal) experiences again? Am I supposed to seek out a 'negative' thread or create one before I share my own views?

So please, name any other platform that by your account does BBM as good or better than Blackberry devices. That's what you meant by your opening paragraph and your McDonalds analogy, isn't it?
    08-07-12 01:00 AM
    Lol. No wonder i've never been able to do this...nobody ever mentioned that it was the 'right shift'. I've been trying in vain with the left shift for ages
    08-07-12 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD