How exactly is creating a 3" larger version of a sales failure a good idea?

As to the laptop issue, I agree with the rest. This is not an area RIM should give
    even a passing thought to at this point.
    Easy answer: The PlayBook failed because the OS was and still is stripped down and basic.

BlackBerry10 will be anything but stripped down and basic. The transition from bbos to Qnx is going to be over "soon".
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-19-12 01:30 PM
    Easy answer: The PlayBook failed because the OS was and still is stripped down and basic.

BlackBerry10 will be anything but stripped down and basic. The transition from bbos to Qnx is going to be over "soon".
    The BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0 is QNX for those who've chosen to sleep through the last 2 years.
    07-19-12 01:41 PM

While we will disagree on why the Playbook did / does not do well in the market place I have to ask where exactly did I mention BB10 or QNX?

My point was regarding a 10" Playbook. Nothing more.
    07-19-12 02:33 PM
    i would agree with him that building a laptop is not ideal as they are slowly dying off, but a good idea sould be once the BB10 platform has stabilized to license a PC platform to compete with Microsoft and Mac
    07-19-12 03:22 PM
    No, god, just no. God no please. Noooooo.
    07-19-12 03:48 PM
    Guess everyone forgot Motorola already tried this with the LapDock and failed miserably along with ASUS although, at least ASUS had minor success with it.
    Before 2001, there was no market leader in the digital music. Many had tried and failed. It took one company with a solid brand to become the leader. Countless times, RIM has said they want to be the leader in mobile computing.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN0SVBCJqLs[/YT]

The first :50 seconds apply to RIM in many ways.
    07-21-12 04:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD