Thorsten Heins appeared very confident during his interview today on Bloomberg TV. Lots of positive input but what will most likely resound in the ears of existing and prospective investors is that Thor expects 10s of millions of Q10s to be sold.

Giddy up!!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/black...iloiVDscw.html
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-29-13 at 01:10 PM.
    04-29-13 11:56 AM
    I would believe it.

Posted via CB10
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-29-13 12:23 PM
    do we know current numbers on Z10?

also, 10s of millions to be sold in the first year? decade?

there is a lot of slight remarks that are unqualified by blackberry, and none of them are negative in any way but just not overly positive. I believe that the Q10 will sell A LOT, but if Heins believes it then he should be very specific and show his confidence.
    04-29-13 12:33 PM
    Not that it matters much but I'm sure he said several tens of millions.
    04-29-13 12:34 PM
    Can anyone provide a link?
    04-29-13 12:40 PM
    Link please... Did anyone record it?
    04-29-13 12:45 PM
    Link please... Did anyone record it?
    Blackberry's Heins on Q10, Z10 Phones and Strategy: Video - Bloomberg
    04-29-13 12:51 PM
    I can guarantee that atleast 2 will be sold

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    04-29-13 12:56 PM
    Nice to see Heins is confident! The Q10 looks awesome. I hope to get a Q10...but by the time I'm ready to upgrade, there may be rumours of the next QWERTY. If there are, I may wait it out
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    04-29-13 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the link.

Great interview. I found this quote very interesting:

Thor: .. the tablet is very challenging from a pure hardware perpective so if we want to do it, we need a service value proposition on top of that [the tablet] and some of that will be shown at Blackberry Live.

Now I'm excited to see what they will show at Blackberry Live..
    04-29-13 01:10 PM
    He was giggling a lot during the interview. I never noticed when I first watch it because I was watching so intently for her to ask him a zinger and for him to shag it up. I'm so glad he seems to be becoming a much stronger communicator.
    04-29-13 01:14 PM
    Apparently there is another interview with Thorsten Heins at 6PM (Eastern) on Bloomberg West.
    CecilTsunami likes this.
    04-29-13 01:18 PM
    Thor has every reason to be so giddy. Tons of business people abandoned BlackBerry for various reasons. Think about how popular the touch screen BlackBerry use to be. The BlackBerry use to symbolize Business. With the emergence of the Q10 I envision these same business men coming back to this platform in droves. In 3-5 years BlackBerry will regain an ample amount of market share. I'm banking on it. The business model has been set and the execution is developing in front of our eyes. Those people that invested in BlackBerry stock for the long haul will be richly rewarded. You can take that to the bank.

Sent from my looooong waited for Z10
    Dapper37 and RJB55 like this.
    04-29-13 01:43 PM
    He has been taught well the corporate newspeak that doesn't answer a question specifically enough that you come away with anything but a positive spin from him, which is good I suppose. One thing we know for sure is the next thing they will tackle is not a tablet in the traditional sense, and that most everything they are thinking of doing involves the phone as the major component. Will be interesting to see what they do with those devices I think.

He would have flunked my SAT prep a long time ago - aren't "facts" by definition "real". Just something that stayed with me all these years later and I catch it every time I hear it.
    04-29-13 01:58 PM

Make that 4 guaranteed.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 02:00 PM
    and four more once they are available in the U.S and this my friend will bring the number four steps closer to his estimate. LOL.

04-29-13 02:08 PM
    I believe it.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 04:11 PM
    It's gonna be at least 35 million. That's only half of the current people using BBOS. They have to upgrade sometime.
    04-29-13 04:50 PM
    do we know current numbers on Z10?

also, 10s of millions to be sold in the first year? decade?

there is a lot of slight remarks that are unqualified by blackberry, and none of them are negative in any way but just not overly positive. I believe that the Q10 will sell A LOT, but if Heins believes it then he should be very specific and show his confidence.
    Your desire to pin them down on numbers no withstanding, the life cycle of the Q10 is 1 year or less going forward before it will be refreshed. that is the time frame he is refering to. thinking that Thor is going to hand you infomation as important as that is silly. None of the competition does. Why should BlackBerry.
    To be sure he is talking about the next year!
    Edit; a second year is possible with say 20% of sales taking place even after a refresh.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 04-30-13 at 03:32 AM.
    04-29-13 08:39 PM
    If the DOD ends up purchasing BlackBerry, then the figure will jump to million real fast.

Post via CB Z10
    04-30-13 01:10 AM
    Does anyone expect him to say anything else?
    What would the reaction be if he said hundreds of thousands? The stock would tank in an hour...

I hope none of you are putting any "stock" in what this guy says...he's the CEO of the company so obviously not impartial.
    I think they will be realistically happy if they can sell 10 million worldwide of this device in a 12 month period of time...I think it's very possible due to government sales, etc...but to keep this company afloat they need to crack the non-business market...that market will be far more difficult than companies that are already tied into BB
    I hope he is right
    04-30-13 07:04 PM
    Who says they need to crack the non-enterprise market? Those deals are where the real money is. It's not just about device sales.

The consumer market is just gravy for BlackBerry. Sucks to be on the short side of the stick if you catch my drift.

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-30-13 08:37 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    very excited about the prospects and a massive base of OS10 users out there to build upon … more great apps coming daily and new features with subsequent os releases … Q10 … Smartphone of the year …..
    04-30-13 09:47 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised since this is BlackBerry staple phone
    05-01-13 12:24 AM
  25. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    He's appearing super confident!

.. like someone who really knows that the Blackberry Brand is gonna take off, and once again become symbolic of Best In Class! ... for those who need to "get things done" ...... like me! lol
    05-01-13 02:36 AM
26 12