Goodbye Thorstein
    I Believe that was the problem all along, you where a fan not a leader!!!!

Full Text of BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins Goodbye Letter - Digits - WSJ
    11-06-13 03:08 PM
    thanks for sharing that. I hadnt seen it yet
    11-06-13 03:20 PM
    Goodbye Thorstein
    I Believe that was the problem all along, you where a fan not a leader!!!!

Full Text of BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins Goodbye Letter - Digits - WSJ
    The third exclamation mark was overkill. Should haves stuck with 2.
    11-06-13 03:20 PM
    The PR writing staff did a good job with it.
    howarmat and aniym like this.
    11-06-13 03:21 PM
    I actually wish he succeed lol

Posted using Z30 via CB10
    11-06-13 03:25 PM
    The third exclamation mark was overkill. Should haves stuck with 2.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry couldn't help myself.
    11-06-13 03:25 PM
    Thanks for sharing! And I agree, I quite liked Thor as a person and I believe he did everything he thought was good for BlackBerry, but he wasn't strong enough leader and his strategic plan failed. Chen looks exactly like the guy BlackBerry needs right now and I hope to see him succeed, but there's still no reason to bash on Thorsten. The position he came into as a new CEO was no bed of roses and it's really hard to fix a mess that somebody else created, maybe Chen will be more successful.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 03:26 PM
    Mr. Heins is a good guy but he should have done something with the marketing department. He thought that the long time relationship BlackBerry has with carriers would help sell BB10 devices and he was wrong. Carriers only do what's best for them. One day when Apple loses its cool factor, it will be thrown to the curb as well because they can make more money selling Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 03:26 PM
    Not convincing. Speaking from my background, and I really can't say more, this is standard corporate speak from a guy that took leave of absence a long time ago and never came back. He's just polite but feels absolutely nothing, nada, zip... He is glad to go as he may have been in way over his head.
    11-06-13 03:37 PM
    Thanks for sharing! And I agree, I quite liked Thor as a person and I believe he did everything he thought was good for BlackBerry, but he wasn't strong enough leader and his strategic plan failed. Chen looks exactly like the guy BlackBerry needs right now and I hope to see him succeed, but there's still no reason to bash on Thorsten. The position he came into as a new CEO was no bed of roses and it's really hard to fix a mess that somebody else created, maybe Chen will be more successful.

Posted via CB10
    thats what was said about Heins when he came in.

no one can really say right now if Chen is the right person or what BlackBerry needs, but he does have some experience in a turn around and in technology. Heins was good at operations and saved the company in the cost cutting end of things but from a technology and sales end he really wasn't up to snuff.

through the rebuilding stage of BlackBerry operatons needed to be redone and Heins did a good job at that but when it came down to making money to continue to fuel the company that was another story and one the past two quarters showed was low. the ground work for cost efficiency is there now BlackBerry needs to build on the profits end and build on its technology and sales teams
    11-06-13 04:19 PM
    It's always greener when there is a new ceo....that is till the next ceo comes

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 05:55 PM
    I wish Mr.Heins all the best! It was a bumpy ride but he did fine imo.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 06:36 PM
    Not convincing. Speaking from my background, and I really can't say more, this is standard corporate speak from a guy that took leave of absence a long time ago and never came back. He's just polite but feels absolutely nothing, nada, zip... He is glad to go as he may have been in way over his head.
    Yes, TH has been absent for a good while. I bet he wasn't even in the building when this was written.
    11-06-13 07:23 PM