Thor mentioned on CNBC that the keyboard version will be delayed until after the full touch version. It could be 60 days afterwards.
    CNBC tried to get a date from him whether it would be Jan or March. He wouldn't comment.
    He handled himself very well, but I was disappointed that the keyboard version will not be launched at the same time as the touch version.
    09-28-12 07:32 AM
    I hate when they use the word delayed. It just kills the perception of the company.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    09-28-12 07:34 AM
    CNBC reporters were fair and nice for once and Thor did a good job answering . Nice to see they had thor on for 10-12 mins. I really liked how all four of them(CNBC reporters) use Blackberries and the one who said she bought and returned the iphone after one week and went back to blackberry. Thor said keyboard version will be 30-60 days after full touch depending on Carriers. All in all it went very well. Good job Thor.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    09-28-12 07:42 AM
    Thor mentioned on CNBC that the keyboard version will be delayed until after the full touch version. It could be 60 days afterwards.
    [...] I was disappointed that the keyboard version will not be launched at the same time as the touch version.
    I believe it has never been announced it will be launched simultaneously ...
    1/ Full touch
    2/ QWERTY
    3/ Playbook (I suspect it may change ...)

Hope I'll find the recording somehow ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-28-12 at 08:46 AM.
    09-28-12 07:46 AM
    I don't suppose he mentioned a slider did he? That's the one I want.
    09-28-12 07:50 AM
    I don't suppose he mentioned a slider did he? That's the one I want.
    Last time I read about the slider (I'd love to have a third cash burner lol), it was a "no".
    09-28-12 07:52 AM
    That sucks, I love the torch. Guess I'm going full touch...
    09-28-12 07:57 AM
    The keyboard model has always been set to launch after the all touch. 2 - 4 weeks has been the time frame difference.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    09-28-12 08:02 AM
    09-28-12 08:02 AM
    1/ Full touch
    2/ KWERTY

Very true, but a period of 60 days to not knowing may push other fence sitters such as myself not to continue to wait. It's already hard riding this wait out with my 9650 and another 6 months or more may be too much to handle. I may have to turn to the dark side and many others certainly will at this point.
    09-28-12 08:21 AM
    CNBC tried to get a date from him whether it would be Jan or March. He wouldn't comment.
    He handled himself very well, but I was disappointed that the keyboard version will not be launched at the same time as the touch version.
    Agreed OP no keyboard it just doesn't seem BlackBerry to me. I know people will disagree but I like the keyboard alot.
    09-28-12 08:29 AM
    Very true, but a period of 60 days to not knowing may push other fence sitters such as myself not to continue to wait. It's already hard riding this wait out with my 9650 and another 6 months or more may be too much to handle. I may have to turn to the dark side and many others certainly will at this point.
    I would guess that the fence-sitters most likely to jump would be those wanting the full touch screen devices. Those of us preferring a physical QWERTY would more than likely stick with BB anyway. A wait for the keyboard version isn't such a terrible thing; the full touch is the one that has the potential to turn the most heads.
    09-28-12 08:32 AM
    I have saved my upgrade with verizon for almost a year so if the touch screen comes out in march and another 60 days would be may....wow that is a long time to wait
    09-28-12 08:32 AM
    1/ Full touch
    2/ KWERTY

I think you meant QWERTY. (Just like the keys on your keyboard unless you are one of those tinfoil hat wearing DVORAK keyboarders)

I thought the interview was well done. Nice to see all three of the media being nice to him and great setup from the blonde anchor.
    Last edited by mapsonburt; 09-28-12 at 08:52 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-28-12 08:36 AM
    OKAY here we go again. Was it just rumors they will release at the same time or did someone from RIM actually say it? If they did they are now changing again?

Starting to sound psychotic. First it will be sometime after, then at the same time, then after again. Will we hear the same time on Monday and then on Tuesday hear after again?

Have they learned anything or just more of the same old? Just when you think......
    09-28-12 08:38 AM
    Thank you, Stewartj1 for sharing!!
    I really enjoyed the interview!!
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    09-28-12 08:39 AM
    Agreed OP no keyboard it just doesn't seem BlackBerry to me. I know people will disagree but I like the keyboard alot.
    RIM is famous for its keyboards, they know this, and its coming. I love both the 9900 and the 9860 and I think RIM did good in bringing both form factors to BB10. I don't see anything to disagree on really.
    09-28-12 08:43 AM
    I think you meant QWERTY. (Just like the keys on your keyboard unless you are one of those tinfoil hat wearing DVORAK keyboarders)
    ouch looks like I'm pretty broody today lol.
    Here we have AZERTY keyboards. Definitely a typo
    09-28-12 08:48 AM
    RIM is famous for its keyboards, they know this, and its coming. I love both the 9900 and the 9860 and I think RIM did good in bringing both form factors to BB10. I don't see anything to disagree on really.

just the time frame...thor beat around the bush on the time frame
    09-28-12 08:48 AM
    09-28-12 08:50 AM
    I would guess that the fence-sitters most likely to jump would be those wanting the full touch screen devices. Those of us preferring a physical QWERTY would more than likely stick with BB anyway. A wait for the keyboard version isn't such a terrible thing; the full touch is the one that has the potential to turn the most heads.
    Agreed. Their game plan makes total sense and is actually well thought out. If your sitting on the fence and going to make a switch away from Blackberry, you'd more then likely be switching to a full touch phone any ways (iphone, GS3, etc) so why wouldn't they hit the market with the BB10 full touch first.. Try and get some of the people who want full touch as first option.. Those who are qwerty or nothing else will most likely wait the 30-60 extra..

I switched to full touch from a qwerty and although I love my 9860, so many times I wish I had gotten a 9930.. When BB10 launches I'll definitely start with the full touch until the qwerty comes out. If it rocks it out I may get the qwerty one as well..
    09-28-12 08:53 AM
    Well, thank God the trackball keeps working on my Tour, I've tried touch screen phones and don't like them at all. I came back to my old Tour after a couple of Androids and a weekend using my son's Iphone. Even the old track ball and the magnificant keyboard make the touch screens feel useless.
    Just my opinion.
    09-28-12 09:04 AM
    Also another recent video interview with Thorsten Heins on CTV Kitchener (Canada)

CTV Kitchener | Video - Breaking News Videos, News Videos
    09-28-12 09:07 AM
    just the time frame...thor beat around the bush on the time frame
    ahh ok, I see. I suppose the focus and effort are into getting the all touch out first without any issues. Eitherway BB10 has my money already.
    09-28-12 09:10 AM
    Well, thank God the trackball keeps working on my Tour, I've tried touch screen phones and don't like them at all. I came back to my old Tour after a couple of Androids and a weekend using my son's Iphone. Even the old track ball and the magnificant keyboard make the touch screens feel useless.
    Just my opinion.
    You may not be in the majority, but you're definitely not alone.
    09-28-12 09:41 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD