With the current situation of BlackBerry and as a stakeholder of the same, I am worried I might not be able to use my Z10 at its maximum level. Note that I buy and use my phone in my daily errands and not necessarily to patronize the brand. I fear that the excellent services I am getting from BlackBerry right now may eventually wind off down the road.

Any thoughts on this?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 05:09 AM
    Go for it. Enjoy!
    09-26-13 05:11 AM
    right now you can sell a z10 online for about $175. that may change very soon...so I tend to agree

Posted via CB10
    richardat, Etios and damien kupuku like this.
    09-26-13 05:23 AM
    I've been thinking the same thing. Luckily I want an black iPhone 5 and in my city they seem difficult to find for the right price so I'll hold off till 10.2 officially comes out and I'll see how good the runtime is on it. If it's still buggy I'll definitely switch. But for now I can't justify downgrading to iOS after having experienced the full power if BB10

Posted via cb10 from my Z10.2.0.1725
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    09-26-13 05:24 AM
    The question is:
    What bothers you with your Z10 on the daily basis? Besides the doomsday reports making their round, your Z10 hasn't been crippled in any way since the time you bought it. It is not like BB has taken away any features or made it slower.

10.2 is reported to roll-out sometime next month, which will add new features, better overall performance and more apps. Yet again, it won't take anything away from the device you bought for specific reasons.

So unless there is stuff you are actually really disappointed with, especially apps which were kind of promised/teased (Netflix, Instagram for example) and have yet to see the light of BB10 day, I don't see an acutal reason to switch devices.
    For the record, I've also thought about ditching my Q10, thoughts which mostly got started due to the latest bad press around BBRY. I've also looked at the Lumia 1020 which was temtping me to give up my beloved physical QWERTY for that great camera.
    Yet I have thought extensive about everything the last few days and simply concluded there is nothing wrong with my Q10. It still is the phone I bought because it suits my needs the best. It still does and the competition still doesn't offer anything which would be enough to rush out and sell it.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    ital1, vrud, jaydee5799 and 4 others like this.
    09-26-13 05:30 AM
    Why wud you get an iphone tho?? Keep the Z your phone is going to work just fine, your getting 10.2 soon, so nothing will stop working! Pay your phone bill, phone will work

Posted via CB10
    abdalla889 and anon5288998 like this.
    09-26-13 05:32 AM
    I used to read thread titles such as this, chuckle, and move on. However, I genuinely found my self on EBay yesterday looking at possible alternatives... having said that, I think I'd go back to a Nokia 3210 be using an iPhone.

Irrespective of the recent news of BB's potential decline, I now use CB for advice - how do I sideload this? Why doesn't this app. work? Where is this app.? Will we ever get a native Instagram? Why does my bank not have an app.? Why are the FB & Twitter apps so rubbish? No matter - I'll use UberSocial like I did on my Bold. Oh, that doesn't exist either...

I used to come on here for fun, to help where I could with any actual hard/software issues, and for a chat. No more. It does get to stage, regardless of your passion for a brand or phone, where you begin to think 'Can I be bothered anymore?'.
    Donvald, paulo_mealha and 3hb78ftg like this.
    09-26-13 05:36 AM
    I used to read thread titles such as this, chuckle, and move on. However, I genuinely found my self on EBay yesterday looking at possible alternatives... having said that, I think I'd go back to a Nokia 3210 be using an iPhone.

Irrespective of the recent news of BB's potential decline, I now use CB for advice - how do I sideload this? Why doesn't this app. work? Where is this app.? Will we ever get a native Instagram? Why does my bank not have an app.? Why are the FB & Twitter apps so rubbish? No matter - I'll use UberSocial like I did on my Bold. Oh, that doesn't exist either...

I used to come on here for fun, to help where I could with any actual hard/software issues, and for a chat. No more. It does get to stage, regardless of your passion for a brand or phone, where you begin to think 'Can I be bothered anymore?'.
    Uh.....that's actually the single biggest factor for me in using an iphone. After a lifetime of using tech of all kinds....from Apple 2's to 286's, VAX/vms, unix, blah blah blah blah.....there are times when I really do not have the time or interest to tinker with some things, and I'd just like my phone to work, and work well. iPhone comes closest to that - possibly closer to that then any computer I've had.

I like androids customization, and interesting cutting edge (but often flaky) features.....but "just works" aspect is an invaluable luxury.
    09-26-13 05:48 AM
    Your current car is working fine for you . One day, it will break down. But that day could be a year or two or more away. Would you buy a new second car today?
    RohrohrohURboat likes this.
    09-26-13 05:56 AM
    Uh.....that's actually the single biggest factor for me in using an iphone. After a lifetime of using tech of all kinds....from Apple 2's to 286's, VAX/vms, unix, blah blah blah blah.....there are times when I really do not have the time or interest to tinker with some things, and I'd just like my phone to work, and work well. iPhone comes closest to that - possibly closer to that then any computer I've had.

I like androids customization, and interesting cutting edge (but often flaky) features.....but "just works" aspect is an invaluable luxury.
    Fair enough.

If I were to switch, I'd go for, what I would consider, at least, to be the better of both worlds. I've never liked the iPhone user experience, and, coming from a Z10, the screen is quite small. My wife has the 4S, and is always mumbling about calls dropping. I'd probably go the Samsung route. A few friends have them, and they have all the apps I currently miss, a big screen, and they never seem to complain too much.
    09-26-13 05:57 AM
    Your current car is working fine for you . One day, it will break down. But that day could be a year or two or more away. Would you buy a new second car today?
    No, but, if had a Ford, and was thinking of buying a BMW, I wouldn't have to consider whether Ford as a company would exist in 2 years time or not.
    TiagoPD, Etios and paulo_mealha like this.
    09-26-13 05:58 AM
    Fair enough.

If I were to switch, I'd go for, what I would consider, at least, to be the better of both worlds. I've never liked the iPhone user experience, and, coming from a Z10, the screen is quite small. My wife has the 4S, and is always mumbling about calls dropping. I'd probably go the Samsung route. A few friends have them, and they have all the apps I currently miss, a big screen, and they never seem to complain too much.
    That's also fair enough. Their are pros and cons to both. I am thinking of switching to a new iphone or an htc....or...maybe a Samsung....iphone is the front-runner but I have not made any final decision.
    09-26-13 06:01 AM
    That's also fair enough. Their are pros and cons to both. I am thinking of switching to a new iphone or an htc....or...maybe a Samsung....iphone is the front-runner but I have not made any final decision.
    I haven't used the new iPhone tho'. It seems to have quite a few swipe gesture based functions, from what I've heard, so may be a smoother switch over from BB10 from that perspective
    09-26-13 06:03 AM
    dont make early assumtions ,the brand is not going anywhere and even you will see 10.3 update ,still one year no change
    millerman999 likes this.
    09-26-13 06:10 AM
    Thanks ya'll for the replies. I appreciate them all. I just got into that thinking because laying off a lot of people and going private seem to be bothering BlackBerry's overall operations which consequently could have an effect on the services offered to the users.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:12 AM
    With the current situation of BlackBerry and as a stakeholder of the same, I am worried I might not be able to use my Z10 at its maximum level. Note that I buy and use my phone in my daily errands and not necessarily to patronize the brand. I fear that the excellent services I am getting from BlackBerry right now may eventually wind off down the road.

Any thoughts on this?

Posted via CB10
    Go for it...

Actually, what I'd suggest is to get either a used 4s or iPhone 5
    (Or buy one without a contract...)

And try it out for a week or two. If you don't like it, you can sell your phone online, and since iPhones hold their value really well, worst case scenario is that you lose 30-50$
    You'd probably break even though... In some countries, a used iPhone (in as new condition) pretty much go for the same price as new one. (Saving the sales tax makes it worth while for the buyer)

After owning Blackberries, I switched to Android, and recently got an iPhone instead.

It is an awesome phone. Much better experience than any Android device I've tried!

I can't give you any specific advice, cause I don't know where in the world you are located in regards to carriers, etc. But in general, a 4s or 5 should be fine and deliver good performance. It's tempting to just get the 16 GB version, but you'll be happier in the long run if you spend a little extra for at least the 32 GB phone.

If you can get your hands on a 5s, that's definitely worth it! It's twice as fast as the iPhone 5, so it'll be future proof for at least two years. You'll also appreciate the better camera and convenience of the fingerprint reader in the long run.

If you can afford it, the 85$ Apple TV is an awesome companion device... You'll be able to play games on your TV wirelessly, and play all the movies, photos and music from either your phone or online.
    09-26-13 06:13 AM
    dont make early assumtions ,the brand is not going anywhere and even you will see 10.3 update ,still one year no change
    I agree that BB isn't going to suddenly disappear of the face of the Earth (not for a while, if at all...), or the handset spontaneously combust, but with monthly contracts mostly being 2 year tie-ins nowadays, if you were approaching your next upgrade, for example, or had the spare cash to buy a new handset, I honestly wouldn't blame anyone for going for something other than a Blackberry at this precise moment.
    paulo_mealha likes this.
    09-26-13 06:21 AM
    Holding on to my 9900 for ALL the right reasons, for ME. If and when, the Note 3 is next, as I miss, miss my Palms
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-26-13 06:26 AM

Any thoughts on this?

Posted via CB10
    What is it exactly?? Can't make calls? can't text? or apps?
    09-26-13 06:59 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

You may also want to take a look here for a great discussion.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-26-13 07:05 AM
    It really bugs me how people think their phone will just quit working if BlackBerry goes under. Trust me that the only thing that BB10 uses BlackBerry services for is BBM. If BlackBerry does go under rest assured BBM would live on as it would be purchased or ran separately. And this is all just what ifs and I don't see BlackBerry going anywhere, anytime soon! I will be buying the Z30 as soon as it is available and as soon as I have saved enough pennies! Then I will likely pick up the next and the next, etc. BlackBerry is struggling for sure but this is not the end by any means. Now I can't say that with a promise because anything can happen, but our great BB10 devices will carry on!

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1323
    ital1, SK122387 and millerman999 like this.
    09-26-13 07:13 AM
    What is it exactly?? Can't make calls? can't text? or apps?
    I imagine the poster means more a lack of confidence in the future of the company, and subsequently the performance of it's phones as opposed to specific things.
    09-26-13 07:14 AM
    It really bugs me how people think their phone will just quit working if BlackBerry goes under. Trust me that the only thing that BB10 uses BlackBerry services for is BBM. If BlackBerry does go under rest assured BBM would live on as it would be purchased or ran separately. And this is all just what ifs and I don't see BlackBerry going anywhere, anytime soon! I will be buying the Z30 as soon as it is available and as soon as I have saved enough pennies! Then I will likely pick up the next and the next, etc. BlackBerry is struggling for sure but this is not the end by any means. Now I can't say that with a promise because anything can happen, but our great BB10 devices will carry on!

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1323
    I agree with you totally, and have already posted something similar. I think the issue here isn't so much that my Z10 is going to blow up in my face if BB went under, but more that people are tiring of having to run around in circles, sideloading apps, missing out on big apps that appear on most other devices, or having Android ports. And, for my part in the UK, BBM is almost completely defunct anyway, as no one else has a BB. The fact is, for all of the good things BB have in their favour - great keyboards (hard/screen), excellent EM, security, looks - there's lots missing, mostly app/game based, that everyone else has as standard. Look at it the other way around. Yeah, if you had an iPhone, you EM experience may not be as good as on a BB, or the keyboard might not be up to to Z/Q10's, but you CAN e-mail, you CAN text, you CAN browse. If i want to use my banking app., I can't, because it doesn't exist on my phone.
    Last edited by Stwutter; 09-26-13 at 07:53 AM.
    09-26-13 07:21 AM

Any thoughts on this?

Posted via CB10
    OP, if you believe that the iPhone is the right choice for you then go for it. At the end of the day you should get the phone that has are most comfortable with.

For me I love my Z10 and if BlackBerry goes under, so be it. It will continue to work. When the time comes for me to buy another phone, I'll adapt and buy one on another platform if BB is not available .

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    millerman999 likes this.
    09-26-13 07:40 AM
    Thor installed a small bomb in all bb10 devices that will be activated the second Blackberry is sold. Your phone will be destroyed and then the BB team also erases any and all evidence you ever owned a bb10 device from social media. But seriously, go for the switch! We will see you back in a few weeks
    09-26-13 08:39 AM
77 123 ...