Nothing has been announced from RIM, so no....there is no way of knowing if the features you are looking for are going to be there or not.

Just my opinion, but if you are waiting on BBX I would go ahead and get another device now. Latest rumors have the first BBX devices coming out at the end of Q3 2012. And if history is any indicator, RIM will miss that mark.
    thanks for your input, ugahairydawgs.

when you say "if history is any indicator, RIM will miss that mark", are you saying that RIM has missed many deadlines recently?

Q3 2012 is quite a long wait. by that time though, i'm pretty sure i'll still be interested as i've always respected RIM as a company, i really think BBM is a very good idea and the push e-mail is very useful too.
    11-18-11 10:56 AM
    This person basically listed everything the BB phones don't have, funny, even the game Angry Birds....

A better game than Angry Birds is on playbook, it's called Assembler Mobile 2 - it could be called Angry Human. I bought Angry Birds (Mac) and didn't finish it because it's boring.

The playbook records HD videos, it is dual core, the UI is super swipe-easy, and it has a front facing camera Right now the pb doesn't Skype (it should in the near future) but there is a native video chat app for pb users (other person has pb as well) or I use AV by AOL - Let's video chat! and the other user only needs a browser (flash) - you can chat with anyone

You would probably be very happy with a new BB phone + playbook combo
    i apologize, i should have visited the blackberry website first to review what is out there, but they have quite a catalog of phones out there so thought i'd come here for advice.

the specs of the playbook do sound promising though. i guess skype on a tablet won't be that necessary given that i already have a phone currently that can do skype.

i'm quite curious though, the playbook IS dual core, am i correct? how is the speed and fluidity of the OS?

i'm really not willing to part with my HTC Droid Incredible yet, but still wanted to consider a Blackberry as a secondary phone.

If I decide to combine a Playbook with my Droid, will that be a good combination? Can the Playbook tether wirelessly to an Android device? Also, I'm assuming it has an e-mail client built it? I'd like to be able to do e-mail on the fly on a bigger device.

Thanks in advance for your help! I truly appreciate it!
    11-18-11 11:03 AM
    Keep in mind, the battery issues on the iPhone4S are not affecting everyone. I don't have an issue with mine, it'll easily last a full day. I don't think it's unrealistic to charge your phone once a day with all the great features that it comes with.

As phones continue to become slimmer in design and more features and specs are added, battery life is going to be an "issue" on almost every platform. Even some people are complaining about the BB 9900 battery, let's not forget. No device is without it's faults.
    i read through the 9900 reviews and posts and it does seem that there is also a battery issue, and some devices getting "bricked", so i wont consider it as an option then.

i researched some more on the iphone4S and it does sound very exciting especially with Siri. can you tell me if the Siri assistant is accurate?

also, how is the push e-mail on the iPhone compared to blackberry?

sorry for all the questions.
    11-18-11 11:11 AM
    Push email is fine on BB, iOS or Android if your account has activesync support, which most do today.

The original list sure seems on purpose to exclude BB. If so, interesting way to have a thread not be combative and yet show the BB as not being up to speed at the same time. If so, brilliant result, and if not, you got the same result. If you know what specs you want or "need" in that detail, I would immediately assume you know exactly which phones offer those specs unless you don't know what you really need (which I don't believe). You probably laughing that so many people took the bait.

To the person that said camera's over 1 megapixel are wasted, you are crazy and wrong.
    11-18-11 11:51 AM
    i apologize, i should have visited the blackberry website first to review what is out there, but they have quite a catalog of phones out there so thought i'd come here for advice.

the specs of the playbook do sound promising though. i guess skype on a tablet won't be that necessary given that i already have a phone currently that can do skype.

i'm quite curious though, the playbook IS dual core, am i correct? how is the speed and fluidity of the OS?

i'm really not willing to part with my HTC Droid Incredible yet, but still wanted to consider a Blackberry as a secondary phone.

If I decide to combine a Playbook with my Droid, will that be a good combination? Can the Playbook tether wirelessly to an Android device? Also, I'm assuming it has an e-mail client built it? I'd like to be able to do e-mail on the fly on a bigger device.

Thanks in advance for your help! I truly appreciate it!

The speed an fluidity of the playbook OS is superb. You need a BB phone to properly tether with the playbook. Connecting to other phones might get better with the OS2 upgrade in February.

If your droid can be a wireless hot-spot you might be able to use the browser.

Your questions are funny, you keep asking about things that the BB doesn't have or won't do, it's like you're here to pitch Android devices...

Right now, if you want to do email on the fly and be a happy camper you should dump the droid and pick-up a new BB phone + playbook combo
    Last edited by anthogag; 11-18-11 at 11:58 AM.
    11-18-11 11:56 AM
    I've enjoyed Siri, for play and for serious things like setting calendar reminders, typing out my messages and reading them to me. Also for things like web searches and directions. I find her to be accurate and don't really run into any problems. Siri is a nice added feature but I didn't buy the 4S for Siri. The phone is great even if she wasn't included, to be honest. The biggest selling point of the 4S for me was the 8MP camera, which is amazing. It has replaced my digital camera which was 7.1MP.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-18-11 12:00 PM
    Push email is fine on BB, iOS or Android if your account has activesync support, which most do today.

The original list sure seems on purpose to exclude BB. If so, interesting way to have a thread not be combative and yet show the BB as not being up to speed at the same time. If so, brilliant result, and if not, you got the same result. If you know what specs you want or "need" in that detail, I would immediately assume you know exactly which phones offer those specs unless you don't know what you really need (which I don't believe). You probably laughing that so many people took the bait.

To the person that said camera's over 1 megapixel are wasted, you are crazy and wrong.
    Yes and if you spotted the OP's brilliance and called him/her on it you were lucky enough to get a warnings and your post deleted. OK itroll makes bogus thread and others get warnings and deleted post. iberry has struck.

Sorry mods ban me if you need to.
    11-18-11 12:58 PM
    Your questions are funny, you keep asking about things that the BB doesn't have or won't do, it's like you're here to pitch Android devices...
    Strange you should say that. A repetitive troll was found and declared "persona non grata" again.
    11-18-11 01:00 PM
    Wow why did he get banned? Seemed like a respectful enough troll. And just after this conversation...

Oh I guess there's some history there...good work
    11-18-11 01:04 PM
    Most respectful troll I've seen on here, lol. Good job, mods.
    11-18-11 01:54 PM
    LOL!!! Yah, Branta seems to have a nose for trolls!!!

Interesting that superanakin would have been thinking of getting a BB, considering that he "liked" this "BB OS 7 sales are sputtering" thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-start-671192/

Trolls are entertaining.
    11-18-11 03:28 PM
    Yes and if you spotted the OP's brilliance and called him/her on it you were lucky enough to get a warnings and your post deleted. OK itroll makes bogus thread and others get warnings and deleted post. iberry has struck.

Sorry mods ban me if you need to.
    No ban, but the words used in one deleted post failed to get above waist level and a warning was appropriate
    11-18-11 03:39 PM
    No ban, but the words used in one deleted post failed to get above waist level and a warning was appropriate
    Point taken and bent over.
    11-18-11 05:28 PM
    iMessage is not a separate app from regular SMS messages. Your phone will automatically detect if the person you're sending your message to has an iPhone and will then send it as an iMessage. You'll "Delivered" under the message, but not if it's been read. You can see when the person is replying to your message. There is no status updates, as it's similar to sending a text message and it's not an additional application.

I believe Kindle app IS still supported, but I think the selection is limited OR you have to buy them perhaps from your PC and inport them to your iPhone. Not really sure since I don't use a Kindle or any eReader for that matter.

Actually, I downloaded a book to my iphone last week from the Kindle app. Works flawlessly
    moiselles likes this.
    11-23-11 09:34 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD