I chose Gmail just because I like the sound of saying it lol. Google has some great products but there getting more and more closed off. No Google maps, or app support on blackberry or windows phone. So I want a Google free world.

What's fresh out there that will work great on Bb10, I'm getting it as soon as Telus has it in stock. Tomorrow would a nice surprise
    01-29-13 06:24 PM
    I'd use the BB email handle. Just as long as it's not too long.
    01-29-13 06:25 PM
    I have been using outlook.com for a few weeks now and am pretty happy with it. Very nice webmail interface and the outlook.com address sounds professional to me, just because of associating it with Outlook. Besides, if I have to share my personal info with a company, I will take Microsoft over Google any day. Also, Microsoft doesn't read your emails to target advertising the way the evil empire does.
    01-29-13 06:39 PM
    I think outlook.com is still new enough a handle you want would still be available. I was able to snag my first name.lastname and one I use as a novelty account. They can be set up on bb using Hotmail, I think.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    01-29-13 06:40 PM
    Yes, I was able to do the same thing, get my formal address and a personal address exactly as I wanted them.
    I think outlook.com is still new enough a handle you want would still be available. I was able to snag my first name.lastname and one I use as a novelty account. They can be set up on bb using Hotmail, I think.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-29-13 06:46 PM
    I'd use the BB email handle. Just as long as it's not too long.
    how do you get a BB email handle? I assume you mean something like [email protected] or @Blackberry.com or something?
    01-29-13 06:47 PM
    how do you get a BB email handle? I assume you mean something like [email protected] or @Blackberry.com or something?
    It's through your carrier with a bis account, to my knowledge. When I had one it was [email protected].
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    01-29-13 06:51 PM
    Outlook.com is beautiful, very clean and not bloated like Gmail. Also you aren't going for the underdog if you go with Outlook FWIW. Also Outlook will have push email while Gmail will be IMAP.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    01-29-13 06:55 PM
    It's through your carrier with a bis account, to my knowledge. When I had one it was [email protected].
    We should find out tomorrow but if BIS is no longer needed or offered will there be a @blackberry.net anymore?

I've been pretty satisfied with outlook.com
    01-29-13 06:56 PM
    I never understood the feeling of "evil" towards Google. RIM doesnt offer a single app, email or service for free to any other platform and yet they are the nice ones. I understand this is Crackberry, but that Google owes us type of attitude is so childish to me. I keep laughing at the " I going to outlook.com" because Google doesnt have a working this or that. Yet, Microsoft doesnt either and somehow comes off as being better than Google. Whats evil is Windows 8
    01-29-13 06:58 PM
    With the upgrade to BB10, the [email protected] email address is phased out. Have a search and read up on it. Has to do with the BIS 4.3 SP1 upgrade.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    Outlook.com is great! I've had one for awhile and its worked very well. With BB10 the carrier branded email will no longer be available.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    Gmail should work fine on BB10, it supports the new standards google is using. Don't see why the need to switch.

But hey, I use yahoo for my main email and it works fine.
    01-29-13 07:04 PM
    I never understood the feeling of "evil" towards Google. RIM doesnt offer a single app, email or service for free to any other platform and yet they are the nice ones. I understand this is Crackberry, but that Google owes us type of attitude is so childish to me. I keep laughing at the " I going to outlook.com" because Google doesnt have a working this or that. Yet, Microsoft doesnt either and somehow comes off as being better than Google. Whats evil is Windows 8
    While I do not feel google is evil. They are not supporting other platforms unless you pay them. So if they are not supporting my platform of choice why should I use them? And ERMAHGERD I have a gmail account that I will continue to use for things like signing up for things that aren't important.
    01-29-13 07:08 PM
    My distaste for Google started with them toying with and then pulling support for Google Maps, but remember, Google doesn't offer anything for free. They profit nicely off of the personal info they gain and process for advertising including your location throughout the day, contacts, key words from your personal communications, and so on. They have repeatedly changed their privacy terms to pry ever more personal info from each account. Their products are no longer worth the high cost of admission for me. Microsoft may advertise, of course, NOTHING is free, but their privacy terms are much more favorable, concise, and reassuring.
    01-29-13 07:22 PM
    How about that YouTube that you have displayed under your picture, losing that as well?
    just_luc and peteygrizz like this.
    01-29-13 08:00 PM
    Also loving Outlook.com. Clean and simple. Nice interface and comes across as more professional than hotmail or gmail.
    01-29-13 08:10 PM
    outlook looks pretty cool, I currently have my gmail set up as my microsoft account on multiple devices and it wont let me rename it, came accross some forums saying that service is temporarly down. Ill keep trying though.

Its not that I think google is evil, or I hate them. I dont even care that there tracking all my moves and life in order to target advertising towards me. Its just out of spite, they wanna be dicks about it and not develop some simple apps. Plus I like to switch things up from time to time. My emails are all strictly non professional.
    peteygrizz likes this.
    01-29-13 08:27 PM
    Thanks for pointing that out, looks like I have more weeding to do.
    How about that YouTube that you have displayed under your picture, losing that as well?
    01-29-13 08:35 PM
    While I do not feel google is evil. They are not supporting other platforms unless you pay them. So if they are not supporting my platform of choice why should I use them? And ERMAHGERD I have a gmail account that I will continue to use for things like signing up for things that aren't important.
    And Microsoft is supporting you're platform?

IMHO Gmail is still the best free email provider around.. Outlook.com does seem to be quite a step up from hotmail though.
    01-29-13 08:49 PM
    can you not use gmail through the hub? it works on playbook...
    01-29-13 09:02 PM
    I wish that Blackberry (or RIM) would offer a free email service. I would be all over that! They could even give me a bit of targeted advertising to pay for it.

[email protected], [email protected],......
    01-29-13 09:14 PM
    And Microsoft is supporting you're platform?

IMHO Gmail is still the best free email provider around.. Outlook.com does seem to be quite a step up from hotmail though.
    True, microsoft is being a **** too. With skype atleast.
    01-29-13 09:19 PM
    I use both Outlook and GMail for my personal mail and use GMail for school. I've had a Hotmail account for a long time but never really used it. GMail served as my primary email until the Outlook upgrade. I think Outlook is fantastic! I moved almost everything over to Outlook and I'm not looking back. The interface is nice and there is that "illusion" of professionalism of giving an Outlook account as an email address as opposed to something else. I also use Office 2013's preview of Outlook and I couldn't be happier. I can easily sync my contacts, memos, and calendar with my Torch through Desktop Software while everything I do on Outlook is automatically synced to my PlayBook (which will now be synched to my Z10 when it comes).

I recommend Outlook!
    01-29-13 09:22 PM
    I like Rocketmail through Yahoo. Other than my BB mail its all I use. I have Outlook too, but find myself not using it as often. I believe once you get your BB and get your email established with it, you will be happy!
    01-29-13 09:26 PM
39 12