Hi!

I hope this is the right forum to post my question. At the moment I use a palm tx for work, but I'm thinking of switching over to a the blackberry because carrying around a palm and a cell phone isn't working for me anymore. I've done some research and I still have a couple of questions about the blackberry, specifically how its pim functions stack up against palm.
    Calendar and to do lists are my lifeblood at work and I need to be able to create multiple categories in each application. Can the blackberry pim functions support this, or is there a good third party app that will? Thanks so much for your help. Hopefully I'll get a blackberry soon.

Alyxis
    03-22-08 07:00 PM
    i got a blackberry because i too was tired of carrying around my cell and palm. my real only complaint with the blackberry is the calendar. even though it is sync'd to outlook, where everything is color coded, like it was on the palm, the blackberry cannot color code entries. it comes with a basic to do list, but i think you can purchase a better 3rd party app.
    03-22-08 07:31 PM
    Alyxis,

You will be very happy. It can do it better and faster. Be sure you get one with Wi-Fi so you can use it at home even faster than EDGE. Get a GSM carrier with EDGE if possible.

The calendar is as fully functional (now) except for color, but you will want to get ToDo Matrix which is awesome.

BTW, you can sync your calendar with Google, so you can update it anywhere mobile or not, and have the two sync, even if you hate Outlook like I do.

I have the 8820, and just love it!

Patrick
    03-22-08 08:30 PM
    The 8820 is a good choice. It has WiFi as well as GPS. GPS may not be a concern and I see your with Tmo, so the Curve may be great option for you.
    03-22-08 10:50 PM
    If you considering a BB, just buy it. Its the best PDA out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 11:18 PM
    Go for it. You'll be glad you did
    03-22-08 11:23 PM
    I myself have a TX that was given to me a year ago. Since I bought my curve, it hasn't been touched. You will not regret purchasing the Blackberry. A smartphone, especially with a Blackberry data plan, gives you tons of options that you can't get with just a PDA alone.

03-22-08 11:26 PM
    Just do it!
    03-22-08 11:30 PM
    I THINK YOU SHOULD AND HERE WHY
    CHECK OUT THE THREAD Control Ur Home Pc From Ur Berry
    03-23-08 02:34 AM
    If you considering a BB, just buy it. Its the best PDA out there.

Don't waste time on anything else. Trust me I have and still ended up buying the BB I was drooling over.
    03-23-08 05:14 AM
    Do it the best choice you will do.
    03-23-08 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD