Well alright not thinking. I want to get one but I am not sure WHICH is the best one to get? I dont have a huge business or any of that stuff but I do use email and IM alot. As well as playing games. I tried the storm display but it seemed laggy and such so I wasnt too happy about it. So what would you recommend? I am leaning towards the Curve.
    03-19-09 02:37 PM
    Storm is great once you upgrade the OS to a leaked one or hopefully a non leaked one soon. Thats what I have and I love it. Curve is very hard to beat for reliability though. Very solid phone. You won't go wrong picking that as your first blackberry.
    03-19-09 02:39 PM
    Random,

Get the Bold. There, I said it.
    03-19-09 02:43 PM
    I agree with satalite those are 2 good phones but the bold is also I a good one too all my friends use the bold or the storm I love my 8830 WE so I am not ready to upgrade but when I do it will probably be a bold I shoot for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 02:45 PM
    The Bold and the 8900 are both very powerful devices. Obviously they have their strengths/weaknesses (which are easily found using the 'search' tool), but overall both great choices that won't upset you either way.
    03-19-09 03:35 PM
    If you like playing games the Storm kicks any blackberry's ***.
    That being said, the instore ones are always laggy because they only have the official versions, which aren't great for now. The leaked OS's make it a much better phone. And yes the storm is my first BB too.
    Try it out, you have 30 days. If you really don't want it get the curve.
    03-19-09 03:39 PM
    Longtime lurker 1st time poster here.

I'm personally waitng for the 9630 to come out. Supposedly in May from what I've read on here. Also hoping by then for there to be an officail OS for the Storm so I can have my choice. I would really love to have the big screen. That's one thing I have been jealous of on the HTC's and iPhone. Don't really need a BB for HEAVY business use. Only occasional e-mail and pretty regular texting.
    I had a curve and gave it to my girlfriend when I went to get the storm. While I was in the store there were 3 returns on the Storm and I couldn't bring myself to do it after seeing that. I didn't make my girlfriend give the Curve back. She fell in love with it and I couldn't do that to her.
    The Curve is great and very reliable specailly for a first BB. It was my first.
    Now I am using an LG Voyager sniff sniff...sorry I promised myself I wouldn't cry when I said that.
    03-19-09 03:58 PM
    Yeah I had the Voyager and it was HORRIBLE. After my 4th Voyager screwed up they let me upgrade to a Dare which is pretty nice and Ive had no problems with, I am just sick of the touch screen stuff. I miss having buttons to use in playing a game.
    03-19-09 04:05 PM
    Go around to the different carriers stores and handle as many as you can then narrow your choices down from there.

03-19-09 04:08 PM
    Well alright not thinking. I want to get one but I am not sure WHICH is the best one to get? I dont have a huge business or any of that stuff but I do use email and IM alot. As well as playing games. I tried the storm display but it seemed laggy and such so I wasnt too happy about it. So what would you recommend? I am leaning towards the Curve.
    I assume you are referring to Verizon phones, if so, like satelite said, the 8330 Curve is a solid phone. It is very reliable. If you can wait, the Niagra is coming to Verizon maybe in May they say... sometime around there. If you are unfamiliar with the Niagra 9630, its the CDMA version of the Bold. To me, I agree that the storm is laggy. I would recommend the Curve.

If you are referring to any carrier, please advise. If so, the Bold is a great choice.
    03-19-09 04:16 PM
    I really enjoy my Curve on Verizon. I have no issues. I also do not have a business need. I just e-mail and text, call, and surf the internet on it. And respond to posts such as these.....

03-19-09 04:20 PM
    Yeah I use the internet alot on my phone. Using it on the Dare is really annoying. I am with Verizon and we have an upgrade next week so me and the wife are gonna do the buy 1 blackberry get 1 free and probably get the Curve since from the sounds of things it does what I mostly use my phone for to perfection.
    03-19-09 04:26 PM
    Get your self the new Curve 8900, Jump ships to T-Mobile, stop paying that Verizon Luxury Tax!
    03-19-09 04:30 PM
    Ha, I would but as of now we pay nothing. My Dad started the family plan a few years ago and got everyone phones so he takes care of the luxury tax.
    03-19-09 04:47 PM
    I'm a little biased on my Bold. Just love this phone more and more everyday
    03-19-09 05:10 PM
    I use the internet, I check my aol email, and i use AIM the most on my current phone. Games are good to use on the phone when bored. I really liked the Visual Voicemail on the Voyager though so that is why maybe the Storm is still fresh on my mind of getting.

UGH I JUST DONT KNOW.
    03-19-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD