Ok, I have been a treo user for a few years and am thinking about buying the new storm. I use it for business and need quality WIRELESS synchronization for email (with Outlook), calendar, and contacts.

My company does NOT have a BES. I have heard so many different things about different software that can be used, or Google Sync but want to find out the true story on all of this stuff before I buy the phone.

So what works... or should I buying an iphone?

Thanks for the insight.

Mark
    11-24-08 03:56 PM
    Go to the storm threads I read bad things about it being a disapointment I am pro blackberry but this being their first touch screen it take time to work out the bugs maybe a bold would do for ya. Just bein honest guys don't stone me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 04:14 PM
    There is no better phone for business than the Bold. Great coverage with 3G, great keyboard for typing e-mails. If you can get AT & T then I would highly recommend the Bold. I used to have a Treo 680 and there is no comparison at all between the two.
    11-24-08 04:18 PM
    Thanks for the help, my biggest concern is regarding syncing everything without a BES.
    11-24-08 04:21 PM
    My advise to you is if you used the Treo for E-mails and texting the BB will do it for you,
    if you are looking for a something for applications I would strongly advise you to check the memory on the Storm before buying it. I have a Pearl 8130 and it does not have enough space for some of the applications that I was using when I had the Treo.
    11-24-08 04:32 PM
    The Bold syncs great with Outlook. I use the Outlook calendar and contacts for my small business. I am not on BES and I would never think of using a Treo again.
    11-24-08 04:36 PM
    iwas/am in the same boat as you...i had a treo & now i have a BB curve...My company will not allow a personal BB on the servers......I love the BB. I use the Desktop Manager to forward emails from my PC to the BB. The downside is you need to have the PC up & running....It does not sync anywhere as good as the Treo but it works.....
    11-24-08 04:58 PM
    The Bold syncs great with Outlook. I use the Outlook calendar and contacts for my small business. I am not on BES and I would never think of using a Treo again.
    Thanks, can you tell me how you are syncing? Are you doing it wirelessly or are you connecting to the pc to sync? I would appreciate the detail. thanks.
    11-24-08 05:22 PM
    Syncing is very easy with desktop manager. Desktop manager is on a disc included with the phone. Once it is installed on your pc you can sync your phone to your pc with a USB cable. It is actually pretty easy to set up. After the initial setup the sync is automatically done everytime you open desktop manager and plug your phone into the USB.
    11-24-08 05:28 PM
    Syncing is very easy with desktop manager. Desktop manager is on a disc included with the phone. Once it is installed on your pc you can sync your phone to your pc with a USB cable. It is actually pretty easy to set up. After the initial setup the sync is automatically done everytime you open desktop manager and plug your phone into the USB.
    Ok, but what if I need to do wireless syncing?
    11-24-08 05:31 PM
    Ok, but what if I need to do wireless syncing?
    I am not sure how to sync without USB to PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 05:36 PM
    I'm pretty sure google sync can do everything you want. I have not had experience with it, as I've been doing some searching, but here's a page to read all about it. Google is OTA, so it would be wirelessly.

BlackBerry Devices - Mobile Help Center
    11-24-08 05:59 PM
    The issue is BB users do not know the BB is not as good at syncing as the Treo/Activesync is...If you are not on a BB Server it only Syncs when the BB connects & you need to manually ask it to sync...There is no concept of syncing every 5-10 minutes like the Treo...This is very annoying...I would love it if the BB Desktop Manager could sync every 5 min but it can't....BB has a way to go relating to Syncing...But i agree I will never go back to my Treo....
    11-25-08 08:56 AM
    I'll throw my .02 in.

My company gives many job classes at the company a BB, and they use BES. I'm not in that job class, but still must make use of my BB in a similar fashion. I was able to set up my BB for outlook web mail with BIS. I send and receive email just like my BES friends, but I am doing with with BIS. My outgoing messages from my BB are saved in my outlook web access and my incoming emails come over to my BB just fine. I've never had the need to "sync" my email. I'm fairly confident that you will not only like the features of the BB, but will become addicted like the rest of us. It's not just a phone, it's a culture
    11-25-08 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD