http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9630T920130705

Looks like Samsung dropped the ball too!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 06:07 AM
    I'm not aware of a single post where it was claimed that only BBRY "disappointed." Rational people seem to know that any company can miss even its own forecasts.

Of course, if you have to choose you'd probably prefer missing forecasts while turning an $8 billion plus profit over an operating loss in the current quarter with an expected loss in the next quarter. Everything has its own context, and BBRY (like most companies) is not going to benefit from comparisons with Samsung.
    07-05-13 07:17 AM
    07-05-13 07:26 AM
    The difference is that Samsung's stock is not in the TOILET!
    07-05-13 07:30 AM
    Yes!!! Now there is room for Blackberry.
    07-05-13 07:34 AM
    If by "dropped the ball" you mean posting record numbers in revenue and profit. Then sure.
    Airfiddler likes this.
    07-05-13 09:14 AM
    samsung makea lot of stuff.Nearly every electronic.Cant compare.
    07-05-13 09:24 AM
    If by "dropped the ball" you mean posting record numbers in revenue and profit. Then sure.
    Didn't Blackberry also grow? There is certainly more cash and improved handset sales compared to the previous quarter. Yet everyone is crying 'doom and gloom' for them (with some justification).
    07-05-13 10:07 AM
    samsung makea lot of stuff.Nearly every electronic.Cant compare.
    But smartphone takes lion share of their profit, I vaguely remember, since Galaxy took off.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:09 AM
    Didn't Blackberry also grow? There is certainly more cash and improved handset sales compared to the previous quarter. Yet everyone is crying 'doom and gloom' for them (with some justification).
    BBRY posted a net loss. Their cash on hand improved, but they still posted a loss overall. Samsung on the other hand, set record revenue, set a record for net profit, and did indeed grow. The criticism comes from a market that expects growth and profit to increase at a rate the market would like to dictate.

But that's neither here-nor-there. The point being, Samsung is making tons of money hand over fist with Android, and make even more every subsequent quarter. The good people at Samsung are happy.
    07-05-13 10:24 AM
    Posting a disappointing quarter when a company has been climbing astronomically and has 70% global market share is a wee bit different than a company dropping catastrophically for the last three years and with market share sub 5%.

Maybe????

I could be wrong though. I'm a woman using an iPhone at the moment so i lost brain cells just by touching it.....or so some posters tell me.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Pain, bekkay, Moonbase0ne and 4 others like this.
    07-05-13 10:30 AM
    Hahaha, you're one of the reason I keep coming back here:

Posting a disappointing quarter when a company has been climbing astronomically and has 70% global market share is a wee bit different than a company dropping catastrophically for the last three years and with market share sub 5%.

Maybe????

I could be wrong though. I'm a woman using an iPhone at the moment so i lost brain cells just by touching it.....or so some posters tell me.....

07-05-13 10:46 AM
    Hahaha, you're one of the reason I keep coming back here:

I LOVE her!!!!

Thanks. Love. In the dictionary, under "acerbic", you will find a pic of me. 😜

07-05-13 10:56 AM
    Obviously it's not an Apples to apples comparison (yes, I see what I did there). The point is that the market sets unrealistic expectations sole based on rumor. It can happen to any company, not just Blackberry. Blackberry however doesn't have the financial padding of Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 11:18 AM
    The difference is that Samsung's stock is not in the TOILET!
    Over the last 9 months - APPL has dropped from 700 to 396 ...
    in the same period of time, BBRY has increased

so yes - all can go up, and down

But seriously - why all this love/hate around shares when it comes to BRRY? Your phone is not going to last more than max 3 years anyway.. Your jeans most likely will last longer - and you don't look up shares, production etc before choosing a "brand" there?

and to have a good business - you don't have to be #1, as long as you have happy employees, stable income, expenses under control, - and top it up with money in the bank for rainy days... well - you can live long and prosper for many many many many years

BlackBerry10 is not more than 5 months old, still a "child", and have still some way to go before anyone can say anything about how successful it will be when matured.
    07-05-13 11:22 AM
    Lmao.....how is Samsung's "disappointment" even close to being the same as BB's. Ya'll gotta stop trying to spin BB's terrible quarter. It is what it is....
    07-05-13 11:30 AM
    I am beginning to think investors and market analyst are largely on drugs or emotionally reactive. A company post record profit and the stock goes down. Huh?
    07-05-13 11:39 AM
    Apple stock is tanking, Samsung stock took a big hit not long ago, BBRY is getting shorted like theirs no tomorrow. HTC barely made a profit. Not exactly easy sailing for investors in any of these companies. I ignore it all now and just buy the phone I want
    yunique likes this.
    07-05-13 11:50 AM
    What do you expect? People have a 2 year contract, they simply can't get a new phone every year without paying tons of money for it. Especially since, G4 isn't much of a different to G3

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:51 PM
    Obviously it's not an Apples to apples comparison (yes, I see what I did there). The point is that the market sets unrealistic expectations sole based on rumor. It can happen to any company, not just Blackberry. Blackberry however doesn't have the financial padding of Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Again, that's a simple and obvious truth, I doubt anyone dispute that. More telling is that 3.5 million was an "unrealistic expectation" in your opinion for BB. That being the case, it's unrealistic to expect them to gain any traction at all.
    07-05-13 07:11 PM
    Lmao.....how is Samsung's "disappointment" even close to being the same as BB's. Ya'll gotta stop trying to spin BB's terrible quarter. It is what it is....
    Thank you. The fanboys have latched onto this like it will somehow make BBs quarter look better.
    Moonbase0ne, mikeo007 and Rello like this.
    07-05-13 07:13 PM
    do you also live in a bubble?
    07-05-13 07:34 PM
    Looks like Samsung dropped the ball too!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but the good news for Samsung is the ball dropped into their humongous pile of cash. Very easy to retireve. Lol.
    07-05-13 07:38 PM
    Yeah but the good news for Samsung is the ball dropped into their humongous pile of cash. Very easy to retireve. Lol.
    Bwahahaha!
    07-05-13 07:55 PM
    What do you expect? People have a 2 year contract, they simply can't get a new phone every year without paying tons of money for it. Especially since, G4 isn't much of a different to G3

Posted via CB10
    I think you may have become lost in the math somewhere. Sure... The average user is on a 2 year contract. But that means nothing when you're taking about over 2 billion current smartphone users, in addition to the truckloads of first time buyers each day. Android alone activates 1.5 million new devices each day. Last I recall, iOS devices are north of 600k a day (could be mistaken on iOS, but it wouldn't be by much).

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via TapaTalk 4 beta.
    07-05-13 08:57 PM
26 12