US devices will NOT ship 10.1. However, 10.1 will be released shortly after the US release.
    02-16-13 03:45 PM
    US devices will NOT ship 10.1. However, 10.1 will be released shortly after the US release.
    Pretty declarative statement to not offer any proof.

Have any?
    02-16-13 05:43 PM
    So what does 10.1 bring to the Z10? From what I've seen so far, nothing really, just a few bug fixes.
    02-16-13 06:24 PM
    So what does 10.1 bring to the Z10? From what I've seen so far, nothing really, just a few bug fixes.
    Isn't nothing really also what you have actually seen of 10.1 too though?
    02-17-13 05:42 AM
    My biggest fear is carriers like AT&T are looking for ways to cripple the devices and create additional revenue streams for themselves. AT&T specifically made it hard as heck to use anything but AT&T Navigator for maps and directions. There were work-a rounds for BBMaps but they were all cumbersome. I hope this is not the reason for the delay. I already pay an additional $50 a month for a BlackBerry Unlimited Plan. I'm willing to bet that goes up or is eliminated for something lesser. I also see them trying to block rroyy.
    Well, AT&T did finally unlock BB Maps on phones on their network about a year ago. So, there's that.
    02-17-13 12:05 PM
    I don't care what the delay is either lack of apps or the 10.1 update but I just want a Z10 poor old me down here in Arizona gets to see my southern neighbors get the Z10 before me and my northern neighbors get the zed10 before myself I'm sitting here on an iPhone5 feeling envious of all you guys with your Z10 even with the "bugs" I wanna join the beta test too
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    02-17-13 08:22 PM
    They delayed the release mainly waiting on the snap dragon processor... you will never get things 100% right the first time with such a complex OS.... Apple didnt get things 100% right on the first iPhone, or the 2nd iPhone, or the 3rd iPhone.... so with that said.... you will never know 100% of the problems until its in consumer's hands and they get to integrate in their own personal lives... bottom line.. and i can only hope that they get to push their own updates.... Lord please make this so...lol
    Do you really still believe that??? That was the "line" they gave initially, but it has been entirely a software issue, they haven't even tired to blame it on hardware anymore....

And I agree that you will NEVER get anything 100%, look at the iPhone5 and how many problems have been attributed to it. But that said BB10 does not appear to be quite finished yet, which means that it does have even more potential... just not sure the public as a whole or even some business will give them much more time.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-18-13 11:58 AM
57 123