Here you can discuss things you like about Blackberry over phones such as Android, Iphone, and Windows Phone etc. I own a Blackberry Bold 9900 so for me the main one is of course the Keyboard which makes messaging and typing emails a joy to do. I also love the trackpad and the browser is good as well. The email support is second to none. I mean I could go all day but tell me what you guys think.
    09-11-12 12:50 AM
    email, keyboard, quality build, not a big app person or games, the one app I would like to have on BB is flipboard, the 9900 is slim, compact and very reliable and the biggest reason is its a BB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-11-12 07:08 AM
    In regards to current BBOS 7 devices:

BIS, since it will handle the polling of emails from my accounts, i realise it will consume less battery compared to other platforms (iOS, WP7.5, Android). Even on gmail, i did find a noticeable difference. Plus, it also handles push notifications from whatsapp, fb and twitter. Then with BIS comes BBM too, which is nice, as i have a few contacts that I communicate with almost daily on BBM. Then of course the security and data compression. With local carrier all reducing the amount of bundled data from 12GB to 2GB, this is definitely a bonus.

I love BB's unified inbox. Love. It allows me to keep track of everything, from everywhere, at 1 single location. I can quickly go through everything and only read the important ones, the less important ones like newsletter, fb, and twitter, i can just mark everything as read with a few taps. I really do save a lot of time this way, plus I don't miss new messages, notifications at all.

Communication as its focus. No matter where I am, no matter typing along on tapatalk or web browsing, I can just hold the menu button and jump quickly into it. If not i could just as easily jump back. BB10 with peek and glance will make this process even simpler, which is why i would wait for BB10.

Battery life. Despite having smaller battery capacity as compared to other devices i've owned, (iphone 4, Lumia 800, Galaxy Note/S3), all my BB devices (even BBOS 7 devices) could last longer than devices on other platforms on similar usage patterns.

Well, i'm sure there are a few more things, but these are the points off the top of my head at the moment.
    09-11-12 07:25 AM
    I use BlackBerry because

- Physical keyboard,
    - Autotext - word substitution
    - LED notification light
    - Delete emails on Handheld / InBox / Both options
    - The way it loads an email at the top of the email body, not the top of the recipient list, but I just press "T" and I get to the top of the recipient list
    - KeyBoard short cuts, they only save a few seconds, but seconds are seconds and sometimes you only have a few
    - swappable battery, I keep a spare battery in my car charging while I'm driving
    - BBM, my social circle is still predominately BlackBerry so BBM is heavily used by me.
    - Sound profiles.... OH how I miss sound profiles on my other device
    - TrackPad navigation, I can cover the whole screen with my thumb in one place
    - Data compression, this is to a lesser extent now as I travel outside of Canada less, but I still appreciate it
    terminatorx likes this.
    09-11-12 07:29 AM
    I like RIM because Apple and Google are evil and RIM is just incompetent. The lesser of two evils.
    DOCTOREVIL8 and southlander like this.
    09-11-12 07:47 AM
    The physical keyboard. I'm sure there's more, that's probably the main reason for me.
    09-11-12 08:13 AM
    Security and then the awesome keyboard.
    09-11-12 09:21 AM
    Multitasking is better than Android and a LOT better than iOS. I just like the whole BlackBerry experience. I have a Bold 9930 and yes the keyboard is amazing, but I would still prefer the Torch 9850 so the keyboard definitely wouldn't be a selling point.
    09-11-12 09:32 AM
    BBM please and thank you!

ETA: Also, unified inbox, security, and ability to delete emails off the phone but have them remain on the server.
    09-11-12 09:39 AM
    All of you made some good points. Well I'm neither here nor there about what Timmy T said lol. But even tho blackberry isn't the most popular device for me its the most useful. I'm not really a phone gamer so the games that blackberry offers are enough to hold my attention. Blackberry just keeps me organized in every way. With spot on email support I'm able to keep up with my bills and could even pay them through the email if I want to. File transer on Blackberry is the best of any other phone as well. Iphones are the worse at it. With apple if it aint with itunes then u pretty much got your work cut out for you. Androids can b difficult and a bit complicated as well.

So long story short blackberry just keeps me organized and productive which is how I try to live each day. So I'm a proud blackberry user and I can't wait for BB10 to come out so I can see what will they come up with next.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    09-11-12 09:58 AM
    I have used Android, Apple, and Windows phones. I honestly didn't think I would like Blackberry because of what people have said about it. But I got my first Blackberry curve 9330 (it was my fiances old one, he only used it for a week so its in decent shape. But I started using it and fell in love. I love the battery, the settings, the keyboard, the LED notification light, the email qualities. Pretty much anything. What I am hoping from Blackberry is for the Blackberry Blade model to be an actual phone soon. But I love Blackberry and will stay with them for a while.
    09-11-12 10:46 AM
    Multitasking is better than Android and a LOT better than iOS. I just like the whole BlackBerry experience. I have a Bold 9930 and yes the keyboard is amazing, but I would still prefer the Torch 9850 so the keyboard definitely wouldn't be a selling point.
    I see this said a lot, that multitasking is better than Android/iOS. In my experience with BB and Android I'd say they're pretty much on par. I really don't want to get into another comparison thread, but I'd like to hear reasons why people think that BB multitasking is better than Android. Even a PM would be fine.
    09-11-12 10:56 AM
    Keyboard and form factor.
    That's it for me, but it's been enough to keep me on a Blackberry for the past 3 years.
    Not sure what the future will bring.

I see this said a lot, that multitasking is better than Android/iOS. In my experience with BB and Android I'd say they're pretty much on par. I really don't want to get into another comparison thread, but I'd like to hear reasons why people think that BB multitasking is better than Android. Even a PM would be fine.
    I'd like to be included in that PM as well, I'm really interested in understanding people's reasoning behind that claim. Keep in mind: different != better.
    09-11-12 10:59 AM
    My 9900 has the best keyboard, I don't care for predictive touch screens much. I spend half the time on my iphone 4s erasing words it thought I wanted to type. My 9900 lets me type anything quick+accurately.

The communication, bbm+email make it a breeze to keep in touch. Yes android does this but in my opinion my galaxy s2 lte was annoying in not secure enough. My iphone 4s was nice but no keyboard.

The cheap plan, and ease of phone functions.

And the beautiful form factor.

Best phone ever!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    shemaree09 likes this.
    09-11-12 11:04 AM
    As of right now only the 9930s keyboard. I am tempted to get one just for that.
    Hgouck and shemaree09 like this.
    09-11-12 01:25 PM
    For the professional on the go, I think the way BBs handle email to calendar conversions is the best. It is truly seamless.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-11-12 01:52 PM
    My QWERTY keyboards on all of my Blackberry's.
    09-11-12 02:06 PM
    For the professional on the go, I think the way BBs handle email to calendar conversions is the best. It is truly seamless.
    Yep! Forgot about this. I also like how BB Travel puts your itinerary on your calendar.
    Tre Lawrence and Hgouck like this.
    09-11-12 02:09 PM
    Everything! Build quality, keyboard, brand, history, style, email, multitasking, etc
    09-11-12 02:57 PM
    Using my 9850 again. After using a top end android device for a couple of months I can say:

My blackberry is designed so that messaging is its main focus. The os. The form factor. Its all about jumping in and getting a message read or sent. The notifications, the layout, the whole enchilada.

My droid razr maxx seemed to have this as just a part thats added in. I had to find a decent email app in k9. Meaning one that did not behave as if gmail was the only email service one would use. The stock BlackBerry email experience is best in class for using a broad range of services.

Speed speed speed. My torch beats the razr hands down in responsiveness of jumping in and out of messages and especially the camera and photos stuff. My droid would show loading ... Grrr. Lol. Really with a top end device?

And my torch is still a smaller device to where I can reach my thumb to the left and very easily press the menu key. The razr has a fundamental physical flaw in that its menu key is to the far left on a big device. This meant always having to awkwardly reach across with my thumb to access menus. It just feels like a two handed device.

That said one thing I do not like about blackberrys is the tedious slow app installs. Android is in another league there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    09-11-12 03:54 PM
    My curve is old reliable.
    Playbook FLASH, build quality sound quality,
    Bridge remote hdmi out.
    And sitting at Starbucks as all the I-people look at me like I have $*~t on my face
    Priceless :-D
    pmf73 and Cesare21 like this.
    09-11-12 04:14 PM
    Using my 9850 again. After using a top end android device for a couple of months I can say:

My blackberry is designed so that messaging is its main focus. The os. The form factor. Its all about jumping in and getting a message read or sent. The notifications, the layout, the whole enchilada.

My droid razr maxx seemed to have this as just a part thats added in. I had to find a decent email app in k9. Meaning one that did not behave as if gmail was the only email service one would use. The stock BlackBerry email experience is best in class for using a broad range of services.
    Agreed with this. The stock android email app is different depending on the skin. I liked the HTC one a lot until Yahoo email starting behaving funky with it. Samsung's sucks. I prefer Mail Droid.

Nothing beats the BB unified inbox, though.
    09-11-12 04:15 PM
    What I like about the BB's is there primary function is to communicate. Making a phone call is not a secondary function.
    I love the qwerty keyboard on all the BB's I have had but the 9930 has the best.
    Message integration.
    Bridging to may playbook and it's remote capabilities. Using the phone as a controller while doing presentations with the playbook.
    These are some of the reasons it will take a lot to move me off a BB.
    09-11-12 04:32 PM
    What I like about the BB's is there primary function is to communicate. Making a phone call is not a secondary function.
    I love the qwerty keyboard on all the BB's I have had but the 9930 has the best.
    Message integration.
    Bridging to may playbook and it's remote capabilities. Using the phone as a controller while doing presentations with the playbook.
    These are some of the reasons it will take a lot to move me off a BB.

I will give my droid razr props for having great call quality. Not sure if that's android in general. Probably has a lot to do with the hardware. Moto knows a thing or two about phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-11-12 05:36 PM
    Call quality and speakers are by far better on my 9930 then my Iphone 4. Keyboard is a must for me as I don't play games or much multimedia on my phone. its all about communications for me, email, text, and voice. I like my iphone but Love my Bold. For Me, its BlackBerry Bold.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    09-11-12 06:20 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD