This is not ending well. Can we leave people alone if they want to use an HDMI cable to do presentations for work and family?

And what the heck is a conference room solution for an iPhone/iPad? I'm thinking the answer involves additional Apple devices, or a cable! If you say "use a laptop" then you just don't get it.
    12-31-13 12:56 PM
    why are you doing presentation on your phone again? no laptop? u think people will take you serious in the conference room with a wire connected to your phone doing a presentation instead of a laptop? and last i check most ppl do presentation with a remote thats connected to their laptop instead of holding a phone with a silly wire attached to it
    What's a laptop? What is mobile computing.

Toasted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:56 PM
    As far as I know you need to buy the Apple TV box to stream to your television...
    Wrong. Only takes a cable, just like a Bb does. Micro HDMI cables are not a common thing unless purchased specifically, just like an adaptor for any phone.
    12-31-13 01:16 PM
    This is not ending well. Can we leave people alone if they want to use an HDMI cable to do presentations for work and family?

And what the heck is a conference room solution for an iPhone/iPad? I'm thinking the answer involves additional Apple devices, or a cable! If you say "use a laptop" then you just don't get it.
    It is just a cable, just like Bb. I use my iPad all the time to project. Just a simple cable.
    12-31-13 01:17 PM

maybe you should read the first post or title. is not about him just wanting to use a wire for his family, is him comparing to iphone.

yea i will say use a laptop. i don't get it because i don't live in this imaginary world where people go into presentation with their phone or tablet attached to a wire doing presentation. you have any other imaginary scenario you want to bring up? we live in the real world where people do presentation with a computer not a phone. maybe you should come back to reality.

btw , u can buy an adapter for your ipad or iphone to connect the cable.
    12-31-13 01:26 PM
    As far as I know you need to buy the Apple TV box to stream to your television...
    Wirelessly. You need the Apple TV to stream to your television wirelessly.

Edit: Apparently you can stream wirelessly without an Apple TV. My mistake.
    Last edited by Wiki Cydia; 12-31-13 at 04:12 PM.
    12-31-13 01:35 PM
    Not in developed countries.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Wow... Canada is so backward.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-31-13 03:24 PM
    yea i will say use a laptop. i don't get it because i don't live in this imaginary world where people go into presentation with their phone or tablet attached to a wire doing presentation. you have any other imaginary scenario you want to bring up? we live in the real world where people do presentation with a computer not a phone. maybe you should come back to reality.
    A bit harsh towards KEVETS don't you think?

I see a lot of people in my part of the real world using either a tablet or a smartphone (wired/wireless) to actually do a presentation.
    I think it is even possible with the legacy BB to control your powerpoint presentations using some kind of device (forgot it's name).

Please stop calling others 'crazy' (as you use the word 'imaginary) just because they don't fit in your 'real world' so to speak

Can't have it all. Just enjoy your choice of OS/brand smartphone.
    12-31-13 08:08 PM
    Clueless? What am I clueless about? I know what Miracast, Airplay, Media sync and connecting an HDMI cable does. What do you have to contribute to this post besides this nonsense?
    Your all negative, always! Who cares about Apple TV, it is a 100 dollar accessory that is needed to do something that a 10 dollar cable and any tv on the market can do, at hotels, projectors, and anything else. Plus it's easier to carry a ten dollar cable that does not require power like Apple TV. Plug and play, it's that easy. That's what I bring.... Actual sense and practicality.

Don't be upset that blackberry is better in this and come into every post and boast about what apple can do, the op posted a positive feature of blackberry fan site. Accept the apple loss for his situation and congratulate or move on.
    12-31-13 10:07 PM
    maybe you should read the first post or title. is not about him just wanting to use a wire for his family, is him comparing to iphone.

Yep but using a iPad would be just as foolish as a phone right? According to you all presentations should be on a laptop, bringing a iPad into the convo cancels that theory out.
    12-31-13 10:19 PM
    Your all negative, always! Who cares about Apple TV, it is a 100 dollar accessory that is needed to do something that a 10 dollar cable and any tv on the market can do, at hotels, projectors, and anything else. Plus it's easier to carry a ten dollar cable that does not require power like Apple TV. Plug and play, it's that easy. That's what I bring.... Actual sense and practicality.

Don't be upset that blackberry is better in this and come into every post and boast about what apple can do, the op posted a positive feature of blackberry fan site. Accept the apple loss for his situation and congratulate or move on.
    I own a Z10. I know what it can and cannot do better than an iPhone, and what you think is better is just your opinion. I didn't give my opinion, I just stated what it can do.

There is no loss for anyone here. It's different stokes for different folks and I CLEARLY stated that each platform is great in their own way in my first post in this thread.

How about you learn to read. Maybe you can read this? Happy New Year.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-01-14 06:32 AM
    Awesome. iOS users can do the same thing with an Apple TV, wirelessly. This will work with all their iOS devices. Obviously the iPhone can't connect to HDMI because it doesn't have a hardware port, but there are Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptors as well.
    Surprise, surprise: WE ALL KNOW THAT and don't need to be educated on this.

But exactly that is the point: you need either an Apple TV ($ 100 - katshing) or an adapter ($ 40 - katshing) to do this. Now if I had to guess I'd say that barely 3% of all iPhone owners either have an Apple TV or an adapter to deal with.

On the opposite side all you need is the BlackBerry and a $ 3 Micro HDMI cable and you can connect the phone to each of your friends TVs within a second and have a working thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 07:20 AM
    But with the apple pin.converter, I might be wrong but don't you have to buy an hdmi-hdmi cable as well?

Obviously this isn't a deal breaker but it's a way for me not to spend too much

Posted via CB10

This is Apple land, where money doesn't play a role.

Oh you expended your storage by 32 GB? I, as an iPhone user, can do that too. (micro sd: $20, bigger iPhone: $100-200).

Oh you streamed video to your TV wirelessly? I, as an iPhone user, can do that too. (DLNA/Miracast: $0, Apple TV: $100).*

Oh you connected your phone to the HDMI port of that TV? I, as an iPhone user, can do that too. (Micro HDMI: $ 3, Micro HDMI + Lightning to HDMI adapter: $ 43, in Germany even up to $ 70 just for that stupid adapter).

* please no "comparing DLNA to Apple TV is ridiculous" posts. I know it's two world regarding stability and reliability and that Apple TV works much more flawless. But it's still $0 vs $100.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 07:33 AM
    This is Apple land, where money doesn't play a role.

Oh you expended your storage by 32 GB? I, as an iPhone user, can do that too. (micro sd: $20, bigger iPhone: $100-200).

Oh you streamed video to your TV wirelessly? I, as an iPhone user, can do that too. (DLNA/Miracast: $0, Apple TV: $100).

Oh you connected your phone to the HDMI port of that TV? I, as an iPhone user, can do that too. (Micro HDMI: $ 3, Micro HDMI + Lightning to HDMI adapter: $ 43, in Germany even up to $ 70 just for that stupid adapter).

Posted via CB10
    Actually BlackBerry wants �20 for it not $3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-01-14 07:38 AM
    Actually BlackBerry wants �20 for it not $3. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/01/araruhe9.jpg

Welcome to BlackBerry: we don't need to buy official accessories at official BlackBerry sites.

1st screenshot: first three search results on amazon.de for 'micro hdmi'

2nd screenshot: first three search results on amazon.de for 'lightning hdmi' (result #2 is a fail result)

Attachment 235096

Attachment 235097
    Attached Thumbnails Things the iPhone can't do this holiday with the family-img_20140101_144031.png   Things the iPhone can't do this holiday with the family-img_20140101_144133.png  
    igor10000 and Karan Mohal like this.
    01-01-14 07:44 AM
    Actually BlackBerry wants �20 for it not $3. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/01/araruhe9.jpg

Which I think equals $30 or thereabouts?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 07:45 AM
    OMG this is ridiculous. But don't worry, it truly is a handsome cable - gorgeous design!

Things the iPhone can't do this holiday with the family-img_20140101_145616.png

Posted via CB10
    Nurees and igor10000 like this.
    01-01-14 07:58 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry: we don't need to buy official accessories at official BlackBerry sites.

1st screenshot: first three search results on amazon.de for 'micro hdmi'

2nd screenshot: first three search results on amazon.de for 'lightning hdmi' (result #2 is a fail result)

Attachment 235096

Attachment 235097
    I bought a cheap hdmi cable and it was just that, cheap. Lasted about 20 uses, now it's dead.

You know what they say, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Pete The Penguin likes this.
    01-01-14 08:20 AM
    I bought a cheap hdmi cable and it was just that, cheap. Lasted about 20 uses, now it's dead.

Indeed I found cheap third party iDevice to HDMI adapters, but only for the old 30 pin connector, none for the new lightning port. But I seriously doubt that every cheap cable is garbage, since I used mine fairly often over the past years and it still works. At least a micro HDMI cable is a standarized accessory in contrast to proprietary iDevice adapters.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 08:32 AM
    Indeed I found cheap third party iDevice to HDMI adapters, but only for the old 30 pin connector, none for the new lightning port. But I seriously doubt that every cheap cable is garbage, since I used mine fairly often over the past years and it still works. At least a micro HDMI cable is a standarized accessory in contrast to proprietary iDevice adapters.

Posted via CB10
    Kind of ironic to be arguing about the �20-30 price variations of connectors when the devices themselves cost do much more.

01-01-14 08:36 AM

I had the same issue. I got a cable and it lasted 2 or 3 uses and then broke. I then got another cable from a different manufacturer (paid even less $ for it too) and the thing worked great. I have since purchased a number of those cables for my self and others, and not one of them has given me any problems.

The next time you buy a cable (or anything else) just make sure it's not made in some Chinese sweatshop by a fly-by-night operation

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 10:04 AM
    I own a Z10. I know what it can and cannot do better than an iPhone, and what you think is better is just your opinion. I didn't give my opinion, I just stated what it can do.

There is no loss for anyone here. It's different stokes for different folks and I CLEARLY stated that each platform is great in their own way in my first post in this thread.

How about you learn to read. Maybe you can read this? Happy New Year.
    I can read fine, no need to insult anyone's intelligence unless you are looking to fight, which hopefully you are not as we are all adults here right? Thought so.

Happy new year.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    01-01-14 10:36 AM
    Kind of ironic to be arguing about the �20-30 price variations of connectors when the devices themselves cost do much more.

That's true somehow but it's reality. Most people buy phones subsidized on a contract every two years and it isn't that big of a deal if you spend $ 50-200 on an entire phone you use every day. So of you look at it like that you have to be totally into hooking your phone up to your TV to spend another $ 40 on an adapter, which most people simply aren't. A micro HDMI cable on the other hand you find in lots of shops and that works with a wide range of devices and which costs only $3-10 is a different thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 10:49 AM
    Both phones require additional equipment not included with purchase of the device itself. So, you might want to reevaluate. You know, for the picky ones.
    The picky ones did not realize the rephrased version says "proprietary", thus the picky ones further answer is out of its element.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 11:40 AM
    Surprise, surprise: WE ALL KNOW THAT and don't need to be educated on this.

But exactly that is the point: you need either an Apple TV ($ 100 - katshing) or an adapter ($ 40 - katshing) to do this. Now if I had to guess I'd say that barely 3% of all iPhone owners either have an Apple TV or an adapter to deal with.

On the opposite side all you need is the BlackBerry and a $ 3 Micro HDMI cable and you can connect the phone to each of your friends TVs within a second and have a working thing.

Posted via CB10
    You can actually buy a cable for $7.90. I have one, works fine. Works just like a cable for the Z10 actually. Please don't tell me the $3 difference gives BB an edge. Just give and admit that HDMI is not a BB exclusive or advantage!!! For goodness sake let's show some objectivity and maturity.

Also, Apple TV may cost $90, but it is an amazing experience when you use one in a conference or home setting with and iPhone or iPad or Mac.
    01-01-14 05:29 PM
300 ... 7891011 ...