Left to right is standard hdmi, mini hdmi and micro hdmi. BlackBerry uses the micro size.

Attachment 234569

Posted via CB10
    Hmm I'm sure that when I bought mine I went for micro but had to return it as it was too big. I must have been mixed up.
    Great purchase though.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:24 AM
    It's nice that you had the option to do that. Here's what I did

Step 1 - Snapped a photo....

That's it. It was automatically sent to iPhoto on my Desktop and to a shared cloud album that my friends and family have access to and sent them a notification. 1 step to share photos with anyone, anywhere in real time with zero user interaction. Granted, that doesn't get them onto a digital picture frame but I don't know anyone that actually has one of those, my iPad is my digital picture frame and most everyone I know just uses their phone to look at photos.

Yep. It would have been much better to give it to her with the sample photos on it. She wouldn't care if none of her grandchildren where showing on it occasionally.

Let's see how hard this was; One adapter to change the USB port size. One adapter to convert an SD card to USB. One highly capable phone. One SD card that came with the frame. Three cameras with the content to be displayed. Surely I must need to be a Mensa member to figure all that out.
    shief24 likes this.
    12-30-13 10:34 AM
    Yep. It would have been much better to give it to her with the sample photos on it. She wouldn't care if none of her grandchildren where showing on it occasionally.

Let's see how hard this was; One adapter to change the USB port size. One adapter to convert an SD card to USB. One highly capable phone. One SD card that came with the frame. Three cameras with the content to be displayed. Surely I must need to be a Mensa member to figure all that out.
    Yes you are right. People carry around those adapters all the time. What was I thinking?? And yes, most people won't go through all of those steps. The only ones that would are people like yourself who carry around USB adapters in their pockets. There is nothing wrong with it but it's just not something that most people will do.
    12-30-13 10:37 AM
    It's micro, if you don't know now you know.

Posted via CB10
    Is that what she said
    12-30-13 10:37 AM
    This sounds like a Macgyver episode.
    12-30-13 10:39 AM
    Yes you are right. People carry around those adapters all the time. What was I thinking?? And yes, most people won't go through all of those steps. The only ones that would are people like yourself who carry around USB adapters in their pockets. There is nothing wrong with it but it's just not something that most people will do.
    Those adapters are the new pocket-protectors.
    Saiga likes this.
    12-30-13 10:40 AM

That didn't seem too complicated. Does it all show up in the BB10 File Manager when using the usb host mode? If so, that's pretty slick.
    miker476 likes this.
    12-30-13 10:43 AM
    iCloud albums are accessible to any device, no need to ruin anyones lives by requiring an Apple product. Also, if I were to buy someone a digital frame it would be WiFi enabled but maybe thats just me.

Yes. If I hated her I would give her a Mac or worse, iPad. The picture frame does not have any network connectivity option. The only way to get content on it is by adding it to the SD card to be put in the slot. That could be done with a computer but there was no need to deal with that mess since I could do it with the mobile computer I had in my pocket.

My Canon and Z30 both have the option to send pictures directly to Facebook and other picture sharing sites. If I choose to do that it would be just as automated as you claim.
    look_alive likes this.
    12-30-13 10:44 AM
    Awesome. iOS users can do the same thing with an Apple TV, wirelessly. This will work with all their iOS devices. Obviously the iPhone can't connect to HDMI because it doesn't have a hardware port, but there are Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptors as well.

Yes, this is a great feature that BB has. But a user can allow for the LED flash to do the same thing for notifications. It's just on the back of the phone which can be inconvenient if you keep you phone laying on its back while out of your pocket. But if you are using this feature you probably wont do that.

iOS has more free games than BB10 has games period. That will never been an issue on iOS. iOS is also having holiday promos as well.

Yes that is very cool. The iOS version isn't as full featured as the BB10 version.

Yes it is unique. Although, five ears ago they were everywhere.

Anyway, happy holidays! Every platform is great in its own way.
    Glad I can buy extra Apple brand accessories or use third party apps to do what the z10 can already do. Oh and I guess Apple has a spare battery app and a 64Gb memory card dongle available too....
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-30-13 10:45 AM
    There was a time when putting photos on an SD card would have been seen as a simpler solution. Now, multiple high end devices and subscription cloud services are needed to share photos. Sure you can make your iCloud album a public website, but not everyone wants their photos publicly available. For the people that have bought their whole families into Apple, I'm sure it's amazing, but that's not practical for most people.
    12-30-13 10:53 AM
    Finally, BlackBerry in North America is becoming a smartphone that is shunned. There is a mystique about it at least when you talk to anyone on the street what it is. So having one just allows you to have some pretty interesting conversations. Really, when was the last time someone went and say, "Is that an iPhone?".
    $4.4 billion dollar lost mystique...
    12-30-13 10:53 AM
    Glad I can buy extra Apple brand accessories or use third party apps to do what the z10 can already do. Oh and I guess Apple has a spare battery app and a 64Gb memory card dongle available too....
    Your Z10 can't do anything without and Micro HDMI cable or Miracast.

Spare battery? Yes there are things like Mophie Juice packs and portable charger bundles.

More storage? No, got me there. iOS user don't seem to be complaining though since the Cloud options available are very well integrated. And we can connect remotely to PCs (just like BB10), so I don't need more space when my PC has 2TB+ waiting for me.

Your sarcasm is appreciated though.
    look_alive and crackedup77 like this.
    12-30-13 10:55 AM
    On Christmas Eve I had my Z30 streaming music and a fireplace app image to my TV using Miracast. I got a Miracast receiver for about $40 (US). Streamed Christmas music (Big Band/Swing) from Radio Player+ app. Played a burning fireplace image with Virtual Fireplace
    Yea on Christmas day I was able to use BBM Video streamed to my monitor using HDMI and then video Skype with my sister using my Q10 screen all at the same time! It was super buggy and eventually crashed because I don't think you are supposed to be able to do 2 separate video calls using 2 separate video apps at the same time, BUT the point is I was able to do it!

#4 BBM Beta PTT... why would you list something beta? Anyway, iPhone users have the same functionality for free. They can just download Viber or similar app.
    We'll if you want to go the whole "we have an app for that" route, There are already PTT apps available on BlackBerry. Though I for one am looking forward to it coming to BBMx

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:56 AM
    Worth every penny.
    It's rather slick, it charges the iphone/iPad at the same.
    Can't say the same for the simple cable.
    I'm assuming there is a split to a power source. You can't charge from a TV hdmi, right?

You can also charge your BlackBerry while it's connected to hdmi.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 11:01 AM
    Sure you can make your iCloud album a public website, but not everyone wants their photos publicly available. For the people that have bought their whole families into Apple, I'm sure it's amazing, but that's not practical for most people.
    I don't share everything, obviously. I create separate cloud albums that can only be viewed by invitation and can be viewed from any device, not just Apple devices. It's a pretty elegant and secure solution that negates the need to use FB or such.
    12-30-13 11:13 AM
    Your Z10 can't do anything without and Micro HDMI cable or Miracast.

Spare battery? Yes there are things like Mophie Juice packs and portable charger bundles.

More storage? No, got me there. iOS user don't seem to be complaining though since the Cloud options available are very well integrated. And we can connect remotely to PCs (just like BB10), so I don't need more space when my PC has 2TB+ waiting for me.

Your sarcasm is appreciated though.
    I'll take universal cables that are a fifth of the price and have more options (lengths, etc) available, rather than give Apple a bunch of extra money thanks very much.

And those juice packs and chargers are expensive, silly looking, and bulky, in comparison to the z10 spare battery pack, which is barely noticeable in your pocket.

And cloud? C'mon...BlackBerry has that too, but when I'm visiting I don't want to use someone else's wifi and spend the time to download a 2.5 Gb HD movie before we sit down to watch it thank you very much.

Oh, and I didn't start the sarcasm...the OP was genuine, but the immediate responses were at least as snippy as my post was.
    12-30-13 11:26 AM
    Awesome. iOS users can do the same thing with an Apple TV, wirelessly. This will work with all their iOS devices. Obviously the iPhone can't connect to HDMI because it doesn't have a hardware port, but there are Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptors as well.

Yes, this is a great feature that BB has. But a user can allow for the LED flash to do the same thing for notifications. It's just on the back of the phone which can be inconvenient if you keep you phone laying on its back while out of your pocket. But if you are using this feature you probably wont do that.

iOS has more free games than BB10 has games period. That will never been an issue on iOS. iOS is also having holiday promos as well.

Yes that is very cool. The iOS version isn't as full featured as the BB10 version.

Yes it is unique. Although, five ears ago they were everywhere.

Anyway, happy holidays! Every platform is great in its own way.

First, Im pretty sure he was referring to not having to buy and carry around an apple tv and avower cable and a network cable and a hdmi cable every time you want to stream from your phone�

Second, yes it flashes an intrusive white light when the message is received and not sure about continually, but yes still intrusive if it is, which is bright, try being in a meeting with that thing going off, or try being in a movie theater with that going off, anywhere really, that is annoying,

third, you are correct, iPhone's 5year old app store does have more free and paid games than blackberry's 2 year old app store.. however, he was referring to paid games being offered for free�

fourth and lastly, To each their own.. if you go with iPhone, go with iPhone and go to the iForum, this is Crackberry, a place where we are going to say positive things about the phone we chose to own� Happy New Year people!!!!
    12-30-13 11:27 AM
    fourth and lastly, To each their own.. if you go with iPhone, go with iPhone and go to the iForum, this is Crackberry, a place where we are going to say positive things about the phone we chose to own… Happy New Year people!!!!
    Except that this was presented as a direct challenge to the iPhone yet there was absolutely nothing in the list that the iPhone can't actually do.... It invites rebuttal, live with it.
    12-30-13 11:32 AM
    More to the point, too bad my TV doesn't have Miracast lol.
    You can lug around a TV that has miracast.
    xandermac and bp3dots like this.
    12-30-13 11:36 AM
    This sounds like a Macgyver episode.
    You forgot about the explosion at the end.
    12-30-13 11:39 AM
    I don't share everything, obviously. I create separate cloud albums that can only be viewed by invitation and can be viewed from any device, not just Apple devices. It's a pretty elegant and secure solution that negates the need to use FB or such.
    Still, just trading one cloud service for another. Like this thread, there's a lot of ways of doing the same thing, and doing it well. I look forward to the day where there is more feature parity across devices and its less important which platform does whatever best. It's like buying a new car. They're all going to be quality vehicles, it just comes down to personal preference.

The thread title is a little baiting, because of course the iPhone has an answer for nearly everything. Normally that requires some Apple-specific solution, but an answer nonetheless. The BB user might have to do some tinkering and know their away around a computer, but we get results all the same. It's a shame the Z10 doesn't have miracast like the Z30 does, but what are you gonna do. DLNA sharing and Youtube play-on-my TV kind of functionality work great with a box like a Roku and BB10.
    12-30-13 11:40 AM
    Wow, why are people bitter that I am enjoying my BlackBerry phone?

Firstly, what I have is a HDMI to micro-HDMI adapter:
    http://products.ncix.com/detail/star...m-63-65000.htm
    Wireless is the future. ...snip
    The OP admitted to having to carry can additional adapter.

Here's a wireless Airplay one:
    Generic Mini AirPlay DLNA Wifi HDMI Display Dongle Receiver for Smartphone Tablet PC
    The OP was prepared in advance. Now is wife ca be prepared in advance.

Things the iPhone can't do this holiday with the family-41jf1br9jul._sl1500_.jpg
    avt123 likes this.
    12-30-13 11:50 AM
    Why do people constantly talk about the iPhone or Android phones on a BlackBerry forum? Why can't you just be happy with your choice of device and platform without bashing other platforms? I don't understand, its like you're trying to justify your purchase by trying to find every little thing that the competition "can't" do. Seriously? A blinking red light? The promo that the App Store, Google Play, and the WP Marketplace have every year? You're "unique" because you're using the least popular brand of the big 4 smartphone OS's? Every smartphone can connect to a tv in some way and every smartphone has a good way of notifying people. It honestly boggles my mind how people allow themselves to be defined or have this own higher perception of themselves just because they use a certain brand of smartphone. I don't see Android Central, Windows Phone Central, and IMore talking about what BlackBerry "can't" do, so why is it that this is the only Mobile Nations forum that constantly and repeatedly bashes the competition?
    12-30-13 11:53 AM
    Yea I'm sorry I bought my z10 unlocked for $199, and use it as a pay2go for tmobile...no data or even free texting on it...

Super sorry I'm not carrying around a flip phone..that would justify my need to save money and give me something to use as a mobile computer..

And finally I'm sorry I didn't want to purchase an "apple tv" that costs exactly half of my.phone... who knew this college student's school wifi sucks? or that he doesn't "apple stream" everyday.

Truth is at this.point apple is for those that can afford it and it's more about status than what people actually need. Like I said most of my friends have iPhone, including my roommate who never tried out any other phone and just went and bought the 5s and in his word "I can finally hold my phone in public"..

He doesn't have apple tv and again apple TV requires the house to have it... so when I go to someone's house with an iPhone and they don't have an apple tv... bust?

I wonder what happens when you find out there are other brand users like say. *gasp* android and wp8

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and scrapmetal58 like this.
    12-30-13 12:06 PM
    When was the last time you visited imore? Because you seem uninformed about what they do and don't do there

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 12:07 PM
300 12345 ...