I think the one thing blackberry doesn't get credit for is the OS. This is my first blackberry and have been a user since march 09 so veterans of blackberry will have a different opinion. I used and played around with the iphone and android but at the end of the day. I much prefer using the blackberry even though it doesn't have the greatest graphics in games and the web browser is not up to snuff compared to safari.
    Its like the argument of preferring the nintendo dsi instead of a psp. OS 5.0 pretty much solved a lot of lag that was suffering from 4.6.
    RIM is behind in the webkit browser and the style of OS in terms of widgets but their OS is fully functional and have very tight integration with some apps.
    RIM will only get better. I'm not close minded nor have an allegiance to blackberry devices but I will certainly try an android device with a keyboard that is (nexus 2?).
    But the blackberry OS is fully functional smartphone imo and news have it that RIM is overhauling the OS to a more modern iphone android feel.
    Only main gripes I have is the truncated emails and blackberry browser. Emails that have html look like crap and unreadable. I avoid the blackberry browser and just use opera mini.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 03:15 AM
    Whats also great about BB is...that's all that RIM does! They don't make computers, tablets, music players, search engines, printers, cameras....they just make BlackBerries. They are the smartest phone!
    02-13-10 01:56 PM
    If Carlsberg made phones they would call it a BlackBerry.
    02-13-10 02:08 PM
    I agree. Everyone rags on the BlackBerry as a device that's not "media friendly", but I think it does fine. I use it as my primary...well, only MP3 player.
    It surprised me also , it sounds very good.
    Very easy to add music to,
    and 16g capacity for around $50

Infact I decided to sell my Itouch last week.
    02-13-10 05:45 PM
    Whats also great about BB is...that's all that RIM does! They don't make computers, tablets, music players, search engines, printers, cameras....they just make BlackBerries. They are the smartest phone!
    .........+1
    02-13-10 11:43 PM
    I've using a BB for for only six months and I cannot see going to any other manufacturer.

The one thing that I love that isn't mentioned often is the docking station accessory and the bedside mode.
    On my nightstand I can easily set in my BB without fiddling with connectors to recharge my phone and set my sleep mode. I simply love this feature.
    The low glowing light on the docking station is icing on the cake.

I love my BB
    02-14-10 06:42 AM
    ^ Good point, one of my favorite feature blackberry offer. I love my docking station and wouldn't get my next blackberry without a charging pod. Love the beside mode and the best alarm clock.
    02-14-10 10:58 AM
    The LED and battery life.
    02-14-10 11:48 AM
    The LED is my favourite function of my BB, LOL! I just love it. I have one of the apps that changes the colour. I hate having music ringtones so this replaces having to have a different tone for different people when they text and such.
    I also got my BB thinking that the music player was going to severely suck. I came from an iPhone and before that a few iPods so I am used to that. The BB music player is actually very decent.
    02-14-10 03:55 PM
    One of the best LCDs on a smartphone for viewing outdoors under direct sunlight.
    02-14-10 04:55 PM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD