from the description he sounds like an Ironworker,,, Ironworkers are VERY cool...

Ironworkers
    Ding! Ding! Ding!

When I get my invitation to Jeopardy, I’m taking you with me!

Your deductive reasoning skills are to be appreciated. “The Mentalist”? LoL.

Now that you say that, I believe he just may have been an actual iron worker as opposed to a general construction worker. He was definitely working on a new building ******** with a massive crane construction project. He looked just like the guys in the link you posted, but I think those guys were posing for the picture because this guy was a truly hard worker and was really dirty. We blew through our lunch hour talking all things “Berry” and he knew his stuff. I would be surprised if he wasn’t a member here. If so, I hope he reads this thread and remembers. It was many years ago, but I would love to talk with him again.

Good Post SW...

EDIT: That auto-edited word is e-rection. Lulz...
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-12-13 07:49 AM
    I was 21 in 2008, was a health and safety supervisor...I was using a Nokia N95. Didn;t really like the thing too much, saw one of my superiors with a 9000 Bold. Nice guy, he let me use it for a week, this first 2 hours I was madly in love with this beast of a device! How it was big, but not too big, felt like a phone for a real man LOL. Have never looked back since either. Always kept my young @$$ focused, never missed deadlines, meetings or anything for that matter! Instant push email was the initial reason. After the first day of using the 9000 I went to a Rogers store and bought it off contract.
    01-12-13 10:07 AM
    As much as I agree with you in principal, it just isn't true. Otherwise there would not be an industry devoted to celebrities' lifestyles and such. Billions are spent by John and Jane Q Public trying to "keep up with the Jones" All you have to do is look at one of the new WP8 commercials and see Gwen Stefani adding her "coolness factor" to the brand (whatever that impact may or may not be).

There will always be people like ourselves who do not pay attention or even care who is using what, but it is going on. Denying it, or having something lose it's cachet (for whatever reason; seen as selling out, desperate, etc) in your eyes because of someone's reason for buying though, that smacks of hipster logic.

Once you become a hipster, there is no turning back.
    I'm not denying it.

I understand the power of celeb endorsements and what makes things sell. That doesn't mean it makes things "cool".

Besides, who said hipsters are cool? Sure they might think they are in their own mind, but the bottom line is we're not really talking about what is "cool".

What you're really getting at when you talk about "keeping up with the Jones" and celebrity lifestyles making an influence is actually mainstream. And things that become mainstream are what general masses generally flock to.
    01-12-13 10:28 AM
    I'll say two words.....Pet Rock. What? It was a better rock? Strictly marketing to a fickle fan base.
    01-12-13 04:55 PM
    A phone is a tool. Tools don't make you cool; you make you cool.

Or not, as the case may be.
    I can never agree less with that!
    01-12-13 07:29 PM
    Ding! Ding! Ding!

When I get my invitation to Jeopardy, I’m taking you with me!

Your deductive reasoning skills are to be appreciated. “The Mentalist”? LoL.

Now that you say that, I believe he just may have been an actual iron worker as opposed to a general construction worker. He was definitely working on a new building ******** with a massive crane construction project. He looked just like the guys in the link you posted, but I think those guys were posing for the picture because this guy was a truly hard worker and was really dirty. We blew through our lunch hour talking all things “Berry” and he knew his stuff. I would be surprised if he wasn’t a member here. If so, I hope he reads this thread and remembers. It was many years ago, but I would love to talk with him again.

Good Post SW...

EDIT: That auto-edited word is e-rection. Lulz...
    yeah,,, kind of figured he may be,,, i'm one myself & i fit that description regularly,,, we are THE breed apart from a breed apart,,, we are construction commandos,,, there is no fear up here...

Attachment 131086 Attachment 131087 Attachment 131088 Attachment 131089
    �1999-2013
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 01-13-13 at 01:03 AM.
    MADBRADNYC, JR A and jakie55 like this.
    01-12-13 09:08 PM
56 123