funny when you mentioned that, it sure does sidetracked/deviated away from the topic. sorry, by the way...
    LoL. No worries!
    No need to apologize at all.
    I just thought there may have been another point you were making relating to the topic that I may have missed.
    Wouldn't be the first time I missed something in the myriad of posts here.

Oh, BTW, I just took off my gel skin and my 9900 looks soooo COOL!!!
    And Hot. And Awesome. And Sexy. And Smart. And......

All this glory within my every day, Joe Blow, common, working man hands! Amazing!
    01-11-13 12:41 PM
    I love my iSkin gel. I think that is what I've got. Purple. When I use it I take out my old 9000 holster, it fits perfectly.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=y9xweSB-

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-11-13 01:06 PM
    I absolutely do not give a flying "f" what anyone else thinks about BlackBerry as long as I've got mine I really don't care selfish? Ah well.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-11-13 01:16 PM
    Let me get this straight....

iPhone is perceived as cool =
    Negative, iToy, iSheep, bowing to peer pressure, Apple telling people what they want and not what they need, led by consumerism, toy, manipulative marketing

Blackberry is perceived as cool =
    Positive, self assertive, tool for getting things done, badge of individualism, not bowing to media pressure

OK.....interesting....
    LMAO!! Never fails. Somehow some way, there has to be a dig at iPhones or Androids. Don't forget some azzclown(s) said it was also a gayphone. Obviously, homophobic issues for those. Sad that it's become one thing that we know will happen on here......everyday.
    Coming from bagphones and huge pre-cell phones, to me, it boils down to the individual. I buy smartphones based on "my" personal preferences- nothing more. If it's considered cool by others, ok. If not, who gives....
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-11-13 at 01:42 PM.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-11-13 01:22 PM
    So many posts defending a position they only buy based on their personal positions,I have already said ad hoc, more power to you if that's your position.

The thrust of the OP's post was about "cool" selling. I have seen no posts speaking to that as it relates to Blackberry marketing "cool". I have seen other threads have 1,000 plus reads when Russel Simmens promotes BB10 though, maybe I'm in the wrong thread.
    01-11-13 02:19 PM
    So many posts defending a position they only buy based on their personal positions,I have already said ad hoc, more power to you if that's your position.

The thrust of the OP's post was about "cool" selling. I have seen no posts speaking to that as it relates to Blackberry marketing "cool". I have seen other threads have 1,000 plus reads when Russel Simmens promotes BB10 though, maybe I'm in the wrong thread.
    LOL. Defending what? To me, no one is defending....just stating our opinions. Not everyone buys a smartphone based on others as a part of a perceived marketing ploy. Many do, but, not all. Research was all I needed to know and moved forward. As far as Russell Simmons, a lot of members still don't even know who Russell Simmons is(or even care)....and they still buy BlackBerries. Cool marketing or not, the device still has to do what you want or your money should stay in your pocket.
    01-11-13 02:44 PM
    A phone is a tool. Tools don't make you cool; you make you cool.
    this.

i'm really cool and i still use a blackberry.
    Blacklatino and Majestic Lion like this.
    01-11-13 03:00 PM
    LOL. Defending what? To me, no one is defending....just stating our opinions. Not everyone buys a smartphone based on others as a part of a perceived marketing ploy. Many do, but, not all. Research was all I needed to know and moved forward. As far as Russell Simmons, a lot of members still don't even know who Russell Simmons is(or even care)....and they still buy BlackBerries. Cool marketing or not, the device still has to do what you want or your money should stay in your pocket.
    ......Psssssstttt.....fill me in on this Simmons dude...someone I should know?....

I don't care AT ALL who uses a BB, an iPhone, or a GSIII.
    The last time I bought things based on what celebrities of any kind did was when I was putting books in lockers and wearing uniforms.

Heeeeeeeeeelllllllllll of a looooooooooong time ago.

That is a statement of fact, I have nothing to defend.

And I still find it hilarious how it's cool that it's cool to be influenced by celebs with BBerries but it's seen as a sign of an IQ in the double digits when someone says an iphone is cool when a celeb uses it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-11-13 03:30 PM
    ......Psssssstttt.....fill me in on this Simmons dude...someone I should know?....

The last time I bought things based on what celebrities of any kind did was when I was putting books in lockers and wearing uniforms.

And I still find it hilarious how it's cool that it's cool to be influenced by celebs with BBerries but it's seen as a sign of an IQ in the double digits when someone says an iphone is cool when a celeb uses it.

Him and some other guy whos name I forget started Def Jam Records label. He's a big BB supporter. Sent out a tweet about missing his BB keyboard cause his daughter made him switch to an iPhone.
    01-11-13 03:44 PM
    Him and some other guy whos name I forget started Def Jam Records label. He's a big BB supporter. Sent out a tweet about missing his BB keyboard cause his daughter made him switch to an iPhone.
    Aaaaaaahhhhhh
    Thank you.
    Guys I'm not cool don't know him from Adam

jakie55 likes this.
    01-11-13 03:51 PM

Lol. I still remember when they started- which was prior to some being born that are posting on here. WTF, I'm an ex-hippie anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 03:58 PM
    Lol. I still remember when they started- which was prior to some being born that are posting on here. WTF, I'm an ex-hippie anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry, 9810 using Tapatalk
    Hehehehe.......The Corrs, Clannad, and The Chieftains are more my thing.....

I'm more of a hippie flower child summer of love wannabe...

jakie55 likes this.
    01-11-13 04:05 PM
    Aaaaaaahhhhhh
    Thank you.
    Guys I'm not cool don't know him from Adam

Haha, wherever cool is, I'm furthest from!!
    01-11-13 04:56 PM
    Hehehehe.......The Corrs, Clannad, and The Chieftains are more my thing.....

I'm more of a hippie flower child summer of love wannabe...

I was late to the party as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 04:58 PM
    He (Rusell Simmons) was also at CES and had tweeted to his 2 plus million followers " y all going to flip" , in regards to BB10. In his tweet he also put a link to Blackberry10.com

That's cool marketing,reached over 2 million with a few strokes and a push.

Some other celebs have 20-35 million followers, do the numbers of eyeballs on follow through, breathtaking cool.

Last edited by TomJasper; 01-11-13 at 06:37 PM.
    01-11-13 06:25 PM
    Having to say "so and so uses ______ so it's cool" actually takes away from the coolness factor.

In fact, it makes us/you seem desperate...
    01-11-13 06:47 PM
    Having to say "so and so uses ______ so it's cool" actually takes away from the coolness factor.

Did you read the whole thread?

I said nothing about so and so uses it and it must be cool from my own perspective I already know what BB10 is capable of, yet myself and many others on CB are hardly the eyeballs RIM is after, we are a given because we have followed BB10 very closely and hardly need to be woken up to BB10.

Marketing 101 is to first engage those eyeballs, then sell your product. If "cool" celebs bring in eyeballs and some buy on the cool factor it can only help BB10 have a farther reach, it can't hurt.
    01-11-13 08:00 PM

As much as I agree with you in principal, it just isn't true. Otherwise there would not be an industry devoted to celebrities' lifestyles and such. Billions are spent by John and Jane Q Public trying to "keep up with the Jones" All you have to do is look at one of the new WP8 commercials and see Gwen Stefani adding her "coolness factor" to the brand (whatever that impact may or may not be).

There will always be people like ourselves who do not pay attention or even care who is using what, but it is going on. Denying it, or having something lose it's cachet (for whatever reason; seen as selling out, desperate, etc) in your eyes because of someone's reason for buying though, that smacks of hipster logic.

Once you become a hipster, there is no turning back.
    01-11-13 09:47 PM
    I couldn't care less
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-11-13 10:37 PM
    BlackBerry devices were, are, and will always be "cool".
    Celebrity use does not make it so.
    +10 Brad! I could give an eff less about what any celebrity uses, if it works for me, and fits my NEEDS, like my 9900 does now, it's "cool" in its own right!
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-11-13 11:59 PM
    Fad adoption is always so fickle.
    01-12-13 01:18 AM
    What are you all talking about???
    How old are you?

Thank God I woke up early and stopped reading any more.......
    Somebody lock this thread, it's for 5 year old boys and girls.....
    01-12-13 05:28 AM
    Fad adoption is always so fickle.
    EXACTLY.

Plus.....BB users on this very site have always prided themselves in not being led through the nose by marketing trends and by the appearance of cool. Several months back there was a thread (can't remember the title) where someone brought an SGIII advert had had wording to effect of the phone being cool to be seen with. This was considered, this whole idea of appealing to people because of the coolness factor of the device, celeb endorsement, and appealing to the cool group, to be a manipulation of consumers using cool instead of functionality.
    The prevalent idea here was that BB sells based on the merits of its functionalities, not based on any so called trendy device like an iPhone or am SGIII.
    01-12-13 06:22 AM
    Not only is fad adoption fickle, so is mass consumer technology in and of itself. Remember when OS 6 came out, people were complaining because of this or that, same with OS 7, and i'm sure they will with BB10. Hardware specs are never high enough, the system is never fast enough, battery life is never good enough, etc etc. I believe that doofy mindset is the tech majority somehow, and whether or not that's true they are the very people who are probably most effected by that kind of marketing.
    01-12-13 06:36 AM
    +1 !
    In fact, it was the dirtiest, most grimy, soot all over the face, raggedy clothed man I've ever met who turned me on to BlackBerry devices in a cell phone store years ago!
    I've never looked back since!
    from the description he sounds like an Ironworker,,, Ironworkers are VERY cool...

Ironworkers
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-12-13 06:46 AM
56 123